Indy inquiring about Ricky | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Indy inquiring about Ricky

tay0365 said:
No way do I give them Ricky for Reggie Wayne.....that is plain crazy

Yeah, Wayne is worth much more than RW is right now...and besides, he wants a big payday...

Just take a day one pick for him....get a LB or S or CB in the draft and overall we will be a better team for it...

late again said:
For the record, I'm hoping Ricky stays. However, if Saban decides to do some kind of trade with him; I'm with you on that. Something involving Sanders would be great. Another player IMO would be Jeff Saturday. He started at guard for the first few years he was there, but he's their starting center now-pretty damn good too. Either player would instantly help us. IF Ricky is to be traded.
On another note; some posters have been stating Indy might be desperate or willing to overpay. That's completely and totally incorrect. Polian hasn't been overpaying nor has he made any desperation moves so far; he's not going to now. Typically, the Colts have been letting FAs walk when their contract expires rather than overpay. Mike Peterson is just one good example of their philosophy concerning the salary cap.

They are tight against the cap right now and I expect that Wayne will be franchised and Edge his walking papers...

RW is a good fit for them and for their cap....
They are very close they aren't going to give up Sanders...he's too valuable to them. They might give up their 2nd and a conditional pick next year, but that would be asking an awful lot....

late again said:
For the record, I'm hoping Ricky stays. However, if Saban decides to do some kind of trade with him; I'm with you on that. Something involving Sanders would be great. Another player IMO would be Jeff Saturday. He started at guard for the first few years he was there, but he's their starting center now-pretty damn good too. Either player would instantly help us. IF Ricky is to be traded.
On another note; some posters have been stating Indy might be desperate or willing to overpay. That's completely and totally incorrect. Polian hasn't been overpaying nor has he made any desperation moves so far; he's not going to now. Typically, the Colts have been letting FAs walk when their contract expires rather than overpay. Mike Peterson is just one good example of their philosophy concerning the salary cap.

But they are desparate to win a championship because they have all the pieces they just cant make it to the big show if they lose edge and dont get a as good or better replacement you can probably count them out next year

LarryFinFan said:
They are very close they aren't going to give up Sanders...he's too valuable to them. .

Oh, I know..I'm basically just dreaming (like everyone else). Sanders is one of the only real talents on their defense.

Not trying to doubt the original poster but did anyone else hear this?

HEDAZHELAS24 said:
what about for bob sanders??

Ok, I hate doing this because you're obviously new to the board.........but......... are you stupid? Seriously, enough's with these assanine posts guys. Bob Sanders? Do you really honestly think he's available thru trade?

Where is the common sense and real football talk around here? Bob Sanders is the Colts version of Troy Palomalu ....... he's one of the cogs which they built the defense and the playcalling around. You're not going to get him for Ricky. He's a difference maker, not some guy who can easily be replaced.

Dolfan11 said:
Haven't heard it, but I would only like the deal if it's for a 1st or one of their stud players that can fill one of our needs.
Yup thats exactly what i'd do. But I doubt they would give us anything great. But I can c them giving us there first round pick for Ricky and maiby our 3rd round pick. Indy wont have the cap space to pay another first rounder even with Edge leaving

Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison, Dwight Freeney and Bob Sanders for Ricky, Seth McKinney and our 4th round pick.

*waits for people to say they'd decline that trade in order to keep Ricky*

I heard that we were trying to trade Edge for Ricky. We dont want one of there WR

Nobody in their right mind will give up a 1st for Ricky. Putting aside the trade in which we got Ricky and the Herschel Walker trade (both of which were huge overpayments), RBs very rarely go for 1sts. Marshall Faulk was traded for a 2nd at age 25 after gaining 2200+ total yards. Jerome Bettis was traded at 24 2 years removed from a 1400+ yard rookie season. Corey Dillon was traded for a 2nd. Etc.

Ricky is very good, but there are a lot of very good RBs in the league. 21 of the 32 NFL teams have at least 1 back who has gained more than 1200 yards in a season in the last 3 seasons. Several teams have more than 1. A third of the league has someone who has gained more than 1400 yards in the last 2 years. Of the teams that don't make the list, most have a young quality RB and has no pressing need to add a 29-year old Ricky.

Being 1 strike away from out of the league and with a highly questionable committment to football, I don't see anyone trading a 1st for Ricky. If we can get a 2nd for him, do it. For a 3rd, I'd keep him.

Fineas said:
Nobody in their right mind will give up a 1st for Ricky. Putting aside the trade in which we got Ricky and the Herschel Walker trade (both of which were huge overpayments), RBs very rarely go for 1sts. Marshall Faulk was traded for a 2nd at age 25 after gaining 2200+ total yards. Jerome Bettis was traded at 24 2 years removed from a 1400+ yard rookie season. Corey Dillon was traded for a 2nd. Etc.

Ricky is very good, but there are a lot of very good RBs in the league. 21 of the 32 NFL teams have at least 1 back who has gained more than 1200 yards in a season in the last 3 seasons. Several teams have more than 1. A third of the league has someone who has gained more than 1400 yards in the last 2 years. Of the teams that don't make the list, most have a young quality RB and has no pressing need to add a 29-year old Ricky.

Being 1 strike away from out of the league and with a highly questionable committment to football, I don't see anyone trading a 1st for Ricky. If we can get a 2nd for him, do it. For a 3rd, I'd keep him.

Miami was one of the few teams that would of gladly gave up a first for Marshall Faulk.

Corey Dillon was a whiney baby that the Bengals couldn't wait to get rid of and was looked at as very soft.

dolfan72734me said:
What do you mean "fantasy land". In this trade senario, we hold all of the cards. The other team either gives us what we ask, or they don't get Ricky....plain and simple. Ricky is a benefit to us. If they want to overpay for another running back that isn't and talented as Ricky, then by all means let them.
Sure Ricky has had problems, and is on a tight leash, but his cheap salary and his talent pretty much negates the draw backs.
I mean, jeez, if Ricky ran for 1200 in Indy, and all they gave up was a low draft pick, everyone would be talking about how smart Indy was, and how FOOLISH Miami was for letting him go for nothing.

Decent logic. It just doesn't matter what fans think, reality is a whole different issue and reality is that we can't get more than a 2nd round pick for him unless that is a conditional for next years draft. Then you can say don't trade him, no problem don't but Saban has his own ideas and we still don't know what he will do when the offers arrive.

HysterikiLL said:
Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison, Dwight Freeney and Bob Sanders for Ricky, Seth McKinney and our 4th round pick.

*waits for people to say they'd decline that trade in order to keep Ricky*

It really is almost true at this point.

Back
Top Bottom