Indy inquiring about Ricky | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Indy inquiring about Ricky

ajajaj said:
not so much Ricky as his importance to them their cap and their situation.

They need a stellar back to give their passing game the time and balance it needs.

They can't afford edge, they can't afford alexander. They won't get bush in the draft or any "stud".

Manning has about 3 or 4 prime years left tops, thier D is in the best shape ever and they can't afford to keep everyone. If they get Ricky they have the weapons needed to make another SB run. W/O Ricky they are one demensional. So what is a superbowl run during the prime of your star players worth???

Not overvaluing Ricky, his contract is what makes him so appealing.

Exactly

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Yes THAT post really showed him how he was wrong. Must be nice to be over there in "SayNothingVille"

Here how about I say something useful about another useless post. How about Manning with 3-4 years left? Yeah, ok. The fact that some actually think the Fins will get a first and even more for Ricky is a joke. Anyone who has been following the sport knows it is. Whatever the reason with his contract doesn't mean teams are giving up the farm for him. Basically "get real" is the theme here or did you not get that yet?

csabe said:
Here how about I say something useful about another useless post. How about Manning with 3-4 years left? Yeah, ok. The fact that some actually think the Fins will get a first and even more for Ricky is a joke. Anyone who has been following the sport knows it is. Whatever the reason with his contract doesn't mean teams are giving up the farm for him. Basically "get real" is the theme here or did you not get that yet?

so you think that in 5 years Manning will still be in his prime?

This actually makes alot of sense and we might be able to get the most out of Indy. Ricky could be just as effective as James was and be payed nothing for it. The Colts really don't have alot of needs and won't be able to find that kind of back in the draft so I don't know that a 1st would be out of the question for him here.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
so you think that in 5 years Manning will still be in his prime?
He sure won't be washed up. He will be good until at least 35 +.

ajajaj said:
not so much Ricky as his importance to them their cap and their situation.

They need a stellar back to give their passing game the time and balance it needs.

They can't afford edge, they can't afford alexander. They won't get bush in the draft or any "stud".

Manning has about 3 or 4 prime years left tops, thier D is in the best shape ever and they can't afford to keep everyone. If they get Ricky they have the weapons needed to make another SB run. W/O Ricky they are one demensional. So what is a superbowl run during the prime of your star players worth???

Not overvaluing Ricky, his contract is what makes him so appealing.

Beautiful. well said.

Alex22 said:
Reggie Wayne for Ricky Williams is what Id like to see but I doubt it
No way do I give them Ricky for Reggie Wayne.....that is plain crazy

They need to give us a 1st round pick, nothing less.

The great thing about INDY is that they will be desperate then any other team.

Desperate for a SB
Desperate to replace James with a great RB.

Yes I do think that some people over value Ricky. But at the same time I thinka lot of you undervalue his value to a team such as INDY.

For me I would personally say nothing less then a 1st this year or a 1st and 4th next year.

If they don't like it fine they can go spend all their cap on Alexander or whoever.

Who knows what we will get but I believe both sides are truly naive to what Ricky could get us in a trade.

Detroit woul not be offering or willing to give up the same as say INDY or some other teams.

Here's another spin.

Let's say that they can get Ricky for his current salary. Then they lose Wayne

The money they would have to use on Alexander could be used on Terrell Owens.

In that situation what is a better investment talent wise.

Keeping your first and getting a rookie. Or trading your 1st for a guy like Ricky and by doing so have enough cap room to get a Owens as well.

Or signing Alexander.

What situation IYO is better for a team DESPERATE for a SB that is almost on the verge of dismantling?

tay0365 said:
No way do I give them Ricky for Reggie Wayne.....that is plain crazy

sorry but THAT is crazy. any day baby any day.

Alex22 said:
Except we will have cap room this offseason so it wouldnt hurt that bad, and Indy doesnt have to give him a huge signing bonus so it wouldnt hurt them, then we could restructure his contract to include a signing bonus to spread the cap hit

and PHAZ

He benifits from having those guys, but its the same thing they said about Ogunleye benifiting from Taylor and Ogun has done a really good job with the Bears
Now why would we want to add more cap at a postion that we are not that bad off at? On top of that, thay are about to lose a great RB, their Offense is going to take a big hit when that happens, but by us giving them RW, we just gave them another version of an Offensive triangle that will be impossible to stop.... 1st round pick or go home

now indy is one team i can see overpaying for ricky with a 1st, being they dont have many needs and they are in win now mode...

but some of you people are crazy with this ricky talk... yes we know hes a great player and hes going to be great next year, but thats not what its about, its about his value to our team... he represents half of our running game, and thats a half that can be carried by ronnie brown with possibly a sprinkle of sammy morris or whoever else... yes it would be great to keep ricky, but the fact is whats more valuable... a backup running back or a starting corner back? a backup running back or a franchise QB?

regardless of who that backup is or how talented he is, hes still a backup, and if we can trade ANY backup to get a key starter, you have to do it... you people who wouldn't trade ricky even for a 2nd rounder are crazy... you have to do it and saban would definately do it...

Back
Top Bottom