Indy inquiring about Ricky | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Indy inquiring about Ricky

Alex22 said:
Except we will have cap room this offseason so it wouldnt hurt that bad, and Indy doesnt have to give him a huge signing bonus so it wouldnt hurt them, then we could restructure his contract to include a signing bonus to spread the cap hit

You do realize that Wayne would have to sign the contract, don't you? There's no reason for him to accept that when he could start a bidding war of his own.

Besides, the Colts do not want to get rid of Wayne, period.

ajajaj said:
I see edge their first and third plus a pick next year based on playing time and performance for our 3rd pick and Ricky.

Either that's satirical or someone needs to get their vision checked.

PhinGeneral said:
Either that's satirical or someone needs to get their vision checked.

why is that?

edge is free, they are gonna lose him neway. nobody else will trade for him.

they desperately need a stellar and cheap running back, and we have the only pro bowl quality CHEAP back in the NFL.

they can't afford a good back and they can't win the SB w/o one. Supply and demand baby...:wink:

ajajaj said:
not so much Ricky as his importance to them their cap and their situation.

They need a stellar back to give their passing game the time and balance it needs.

They can't afford edge, they can't afford alexander. They won't get bush in the draft or any "stud".

Manning has about 3 or 4 prime years left tops, thier D is in the best shape ever and they can't afford to keep everyone. If they get Ricky they have the weapons needed to make another SB run. W/O Ricky they are one demensional. So what is a superbowl run during the prime of your star players worth???

Not overvaluing Ricky, his contract is what makes him so appealing.

But there's still a difference between overpaying and getting hosed. They only have to pay a little more than what the market will bear. It's not out of the question for them to find a decent RB to take Edge's place. Seattle practically couldn't give Alexander away last year. They won't panick into steep overpayment.

This is the 2nd time I've heard this rumor. It would definitely take their late first to get Ricky. If they let Edge walk they are not in position in the draft to get either Reggie, LenDale, DeAngelo, or Maroney. They could overpay for Alexander but if would do that why not keep Edge. Ricky is their best & cheapest option.

ajajaj said:
why is that?

edge is free, they are gonna lose him neway. nobody else will trade for him.

they desperately need a stellar and cheap running back, and we have the only pro bowl quality CHEAP back in the NFL.

they can't afford a good back and they can't win the SB w/o one. Supply and demand baby...:wink:

It's really not supply and demand, though. They need a better defense more than anything. They can win with a decent RB, they don't need top shelf. NE won 2 out of 3 SB's with mediocre RB's. Tampa won one with a mediocre RB. Even the Steelers don't have a great back.

The Colts do need a top notch back because if they don't have that threat of a good RB teams will play the pass every down. The Steelers do have a great back in Willie Parker, after all he did run for 1200 yards at 4.7 yards a clip.

PhinGeneral said:
It's really not supply and demand, though. They need a better defense more than anything. They can win with a decent RB, they don't need top shelf. NE won 2 out of 3 SB's with mediocre RB's. Tampa won one with a mediocre RB. Even the Steelers don't have a great back.

Finally some sense into the argument. I just can't believe the Ricky love affair has people thinking a first rounder and a 3rd as well? Never will happen and almost fell off my chair when someone posting it was actually serious and had others to back his argument.

SMadison29 said:
The Colts do need a top notch back because if they don't have that threat of a good RB teams will play the pass every down. The Steelers do have a great back in Willie Parker, after all he did run for 1200 yards at 4.7 yards a clip.

Parker is good but his o-line is what makes that running game what it is.

SMadison29 said:

They still need defense more.

And they don't need a top notch back. A back that's good enough to keep things honest would be fine. Their offense may not be as explosive as it once was, but defense usually wins you championships.

And I wouldn't consider Willie Parker great just yet, but it does actually help my point that you can find a good back like that somewhere without having to lose your shirt to do it.

csabe said:
Finally some sense into the argument. I just can't believe the Ricky love affair has people thinking a first rounder and a 3rd as well? Never will happen and almost fell off my chair when someone posting it was actually serious and had others to back his argument.

What really made my eyes pop was that the original trade proposal had not only a 1st and a 3rd, but Edge and a conditional pick next year based on playing time. Hell, why not also throw in their entire offensive line and special teams?

If Indy did that trade they'd make Mike Lynn look like Albert Einstein.

csabe said:
Parker is good but his o-line is what makes that running game what it is.

If that's the argument then that proves that the Colts do need a great back because the Colts oline is not very strong up the middle.

PhinGeneral said:
They still need defense more.

And they don't need a top notch back. A back that's good enough to keep things honest would be fine. Their offense may not be as explosive as it once was, but defense usually wins you championships.

And I wouldn't consider Willie Parker great just yet, but it does actually help my point that you can find a good back like that somewhere without having to lose your shirt to do it.

With Dungy's scheme he doesn't need the most talented players on defense just players that fit his defense. The Colts dline is very good, their secondary fits their defense (Penn St CBs would fit in well here), & they could us a couple good LBs. They need a RB more to keep teams honest. Teams tee off now on Manning in the playoffs so a top notch RB is needed.

SMadison29 said:
If that's the argument then that proves that the Colts do need a great back because the Colts oline is not very strong up the middle.

They do need a good back but they are not going to sell the farm to get one. The amount of compensation for Ricky is just not reality.

SMadison29 said:

Jeff Saturday, starting Center in the Pro Bowl, would probably argue that with you.

Back
Top Bottom