Interesting stat | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting stat

Doesn’t matter where he threw, it was under pressure and his passes were on the money
16 points. 4 of which were a bit of a gift on the third down roughing the passer. He has a great O-line. He was accurate but he missed some throws too. Good player but he’s likely more Matt Cassel than Tom Brady.

One game. That's all this season has been. One game. So let's see what happens.

Don't get me wrong, TUA may or may not ever be the guy, but I do know this:

If he doesn't prove to be "the guy" at QB, we have the assets to get one early in the draft next year, who may or may not be the guy.

....and I also know this:

Deshaun Watson would be more than capable of being that guy, if he could keep his D*** in his pants or whatever he did to those ladies at the massage parlors so I wouldn't want him even if he was able to play and be cleared..which could happen this year or next or two years or three years from now..he's young but I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole right now, and the asking price of 6 combined draft picks, players..ain't worth it with his status unknown.
Can we just not bring up whatshisname? Why does it need to happen?

That's true.

Cam can run..and is big, and whatever, I get it...but...

He was mostly not accurate when throwing last year..he's an old 32 with a lot of hits..many hits..on his big, granted still fit, body. But he's like 32 going on 39 with all those hits he's absorbed and even caused and initiated most of the time, and that takes its toll.

I get that it's popular to be a running QB lately..last number of years..but you damn well better also be able to throw the ball really well when the legs give out some..Steve Young was always good to great at both..Cam was a way better runner, and passing was okay.

Just look at Lamar Jackson..he won't be super fast forever..and his passing game is lacking..when his legs go? IDK how long he lasts if he gets a little bit slower and takes as many hits as Cam has..I mean, he is elusive..but as you say..the hits can pile up and up and up and even not career or season ending hits take their toll..like boxing..body shots!

Should they continue to run and the D likes an open target btw

Watch what happens over the next 3 years to Kyler Murray, Josh Allen, like you say Lamar they will get their handsome contracts and their bodies will break down exactly what happened to Cam (doesn’t matter how big they are Murray’s shoulder was destroyed by Byron Jones vs Zona last year) Just a matter of time and combination of hits

Big Ben and A Rodgers learned from the early years to not leave the pocket too early

Can we just not bring up whatshisname? Why does it need to happen?
I hate to bring his name up, as you suggest...but..the media won't let the idea of getting him rest..and there's a lot of smoke..but please..god..please..no. I don't want him. As a pure player, blinders on, no off field? 100000%. Off field and all together and how long he'll likely have to sit and how much it'll cost to get him anytime soon or ever? Nah.

Should they continue to run and the D likes an open target btw

Watch what happens over the next 3 years to Kyler Murray, Josh Allen, like you say Lamar they will get their handsome contracts and their bodies will break down exactly what happened to Cam (doesn’t matter how big they are Murray’s shoulder was destroyed by Byron Jones vs Zona last year) Just a matter of time and combination of hits

Big Ben and A Rodgers learned from the early years to not leave the pocket too early
Yep...butttt...at least, if arms are still in one piece/shoulders/etc. ...Murray and Allen can throw a hell of a lot better than Lamar!

Jones played like a statue he threw a lot to the backs underneath

I made this point earlier that Mac Jones is going to get a lot of contact in t picket he was hit hard a few times and it will count as the season progresses - Tua got hit 4 times but he was under duress more and I think he can handle his way around the pocket

I saw a bend not break D from MD - they gave up the soft dunk and dunk - and are fortunate to get the TOs

Bend but don’t break has been the theme for Flo’s defense. It drives me absolutely crazy watching it. I wish he’d play more aggressive outside the 20’s as 11 for 16 on third downs and 400 yards surrendered loses far more often than it wins.

Yep...butttt...at least, if arms are still in one piece/shoulders/etc. ...Murray and Allen can throw a hell of a lot better than Lamar!

Once they lose their legs their hips the ball will sail on them like it did for Cam - Trust me I am glad we have a cerebral QB

He is doing great 7-3

And he is still improving

7.5 yards per completion is nothing to scoff at against BB in Fixborough

Bend but don’t break has been the theme for Flo’s defense. It drives me absolutely crazy watching it. I wish he’d play more aggressive outside the 20’s as 11 for 16 on third downs and 400 yards surrendered loses far more often than it wins.
Yeah...but what also wins is pressuring the QB like we did a lot and forcing four Fumbles (two for turnovers)..and taking away one side of the field with 'X'. Lot to fix and stuff, but I'll take the W. Hard to come by in the NFL.

He is conservative - but our new picks are raw and can they be trusted??

Once they lose their legs their hips the ball will sail on them like it did for Cam - Trust me I am glad we have a cerebral QB

He is doing great 7-3

And he is still improving

7.5 yards per completion is nothing to scoff at against BB in Fixborough
I think of those three..Allen is starting to learn not to run as much...he's got the best chance if it's "run less, pocket pass more" you desire.

Nn ESPN's "Get up!" they are really hyping Mac Jones..oh boy..he was good..best rookie QB this first week of the NFL season..but wow..one game makes not a season or career..we'll see!

(I know it's their job to hype up everything and anything in sports and stuff, but wow..he wasn't throwing dimes all over the field, like hitting guys for big play after big play)...slow your roll. Lol

BB will lose his mind over those 2 fumbles thankfully by two different backs

He won’t talk to those two guys for the rest of the season
I don't know that Stephenson sees the field next week after that..he had fumbling issues all pre-season too...can run for sure..but gotta hold onto the rock!

Back
Top Bottom