Intro to Hunter Long TE :RD 3 | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Intro to Hunter Long TE :RD 3

I've been saying forever...we (fans) don't have a clue as to what this team needs.

We think we do, but we don't. I hope this kid is a very good player.

Disagree. I'm not **** talking the pick itself but this is a cop out.

The old "Try it, its good for you, you just don't know it yet!"

This is football, not brain surgery. Anyone on their couch who puts in the time can evaluate as well or better than an NFL GM. The one missing piece you c a nt replicate is talking to the players.

I know it's Omar, but some possible insight on day 2 picks...

Don't get this pick at all. First one really making me scratch my head. Even if i didn't agree with the specific players along the way, they made sense. This one is odd to mewith the others still on the board.
Half the board wanted Pitts a TE

We draft a TE the board flips.

Disagree. I'm not **** talking the pick itself but this is a cop out.

The old "Try it, its good for you, you just don't know it yet!"

This is football, not brain surgery. Anyone on their couch who puts in the time can evaluate as well or better than an NFL GM. The one missing piece you c a nt replicate is talking to the players.
How many fans actually put in the amount if time scouts and personnel ppl do though?

Do you watch film as you would a full time job?

I would suggest the are other things that affect picks as well.

Differences in basic philosophy for example. Many posters believe not drafting RB high is a monumental mistake. Flo/Grier obviously don't agree.

Another example is the average fan has no idea how coaches see the development of younger players, and the role they envision going forward.

How many fans actually put in the amount if time scouts and personnel ppl do though?

Do you watch film as you would a full time job?

I would suggest the are other things that affect picks as well.

Differences in basic philosophy for example. Many posters believe not drafting RB high is a monumental mistake. Flo/Grier obviously don't agree.

Another example is the average fan has no idea how coaches see the development of younger players, and the role they envision going forward.

Don't get me wrong man, most fans know way way less than a GM and I agree with you overall.

I just happen to also think there are a lot with vast knowledge of our team and the draft.

Its like you said, how much time is put in? Thats the determining factor.

People forget that Gesicki will be a free agent at the end of the year and we all know he can’t block at all. This is a little insurance because Gesicki is going to want to get paid and I’m not sure he will be worth what he will be asking for.
And Smythe

ya know what, **** it, we now have 3 TE's that offer almost the exact same thing (assuming Long pans out in the pros). Lets just go ahead and extend Gesicki under a TE contract then move him to his natural position of big WR. Health wise he'd be our most dependable WR. If we are going into the season with Fuller, Parker, Williams on the outside then there is going to be ample time for Mike G to get his snaps out wide.
And two of them have contracts expiring after this season. Duh

Godsey (co-offensive coordinator/TE coach) must have been banging the table for this guy after building a rapport with him at the Senior Bowl. Grier is collaborative. I like that he is giving his coaches input. Long needs to get stronger and work on his technique, but since our coaches literally had hands-on experience with this guy, I am encouraged.

They coached him in the Senior Bowl and he impressed them enough apparently to use the 3rd on him. With our 2 top TEs not signed after the season and them being up close and personal with him? I (we) can’t argue the pick with any logic.

Back
Top Bottom