Intro to Hunter Long TE :RD 3 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Intro to Hunter Long TE :RD 3

Not the pick I would have made, but the kid is a solid TE prospect. Having an in-line TE that can hold his own blocking and contribute in the red zone is nice for a young QB. Not a sexy choice with guys like Meinerz, Carter, Gainwell, etc. still on the board, but I could see him being a valuable asset down the road. We can move on from Smythe and Shaheen when their contracts expire (Smythe is on the last year of his rookie deal and needed a new contract).

I actually like this pick. We can run 2 tight ends. This guy catches a lot of balls but he has the size to stay in and block on pass protection or seal the edge on run plays. I think that it will help us draw up schemes that help us a lot on the offensive side. We have a one year stop gap on the roster who started 8 games at C for the Ravens. I’m sure that there will be training camp cuts that we pick through for depth. I just hope that these guys all stay healthy.
Agreed. I think Geisicki + Long on the field at the same time could be potent. I wanted a center there, but can understand the pick. And it's growing on me.

I'm guessing they're rolling with Skura this year. Our offensive line is very young. I can understand the appeal of having a veteran in the middle. Skura has had a good career. If he can return to form, I think it can work out quite well. I'd like to see us add another face to the running back room though. I hope they pick the best back on the board in the 5th.

So it's not worse than Iggy, you dislike it more than when we picked Iggy?
Just thought there were better options with three viable tight ends already on the roster. I love...this draft. I'm Meh now on this pick. Probably BPA in their minds...all good I suppose.

Agreed. I think Geisicki + Long on the field at the same time could be potent. I wanted a center there, but can understand the pick. And it's growing on me.
My thought, too. This is Gronk/Hernandez light. The athletic TE who can get deep and the bull who moves the chains. Match-up problems and adds a layer to what the offense can do, if Long plays as advertised.

Back
Top Bottom