Intro to Hunter Long TE :RD 3 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Intro to Hunter Long TE :RD 3

Guys there are more picks to come and then FA's and trades so what you want may still be coming.

Lots of players will get let go as well when teams have to cut down to 53

It's a long way to September
Like 7th round picks? Great, can’t wait!

My thought, too. This is Gronk/Hernandez light. The athletic TE who can get deep and the bull who moves the chains. Match-up problems and adds a layer to what the offense can do, if Long plays as advertised.
Add Fuller + Waddle into the mix (who give you vertical and horizontal explosiveness) and Parker + Williams (who are big bodied contested catch guys) and there’s no shortage of fire power and red zone targets.

People forget that Gesicki will be a free agent at the end of the year and we all know he can’t block at all. This is a little insurance because Gesicki is going to want to get paid and I’m not sure he will be worth what he will be asking for.

This kind of sums it up for me :

FANSIDED: Long has a lot of upside but Miami had needs at other positions and drafting a tight end didn’t make a lot of sense considering that they won’t pick again until round five and then again in round seven.

With all the needs they had, tight end didn’t seem to be one of them. Is this a bad pick? Not at all it is just not something fans would have thought Miami needed to make.

I am shocked at how many people on here seem to really believe the random crap they think they know about these prospects.
Then never read a scouting report, YouTube or have a thought. People are entitled to believe what they want. Even if it's the dumbest thing you've ever seen.

Add Fuller + Waddle into the mix (who give you vertical and horizontal explosiveness) and Parker + Williams (who are big bodied contested catch guys) and there’s no shortage of fire power and red zone targets.
Exactly. It's not so much looking at these guys in a vacuum as it is looking at how they mix together. It's like a pitcher having the fastball and a good curve to complement it. Neither has to be tremendous, but if both are above-average and he has command of both pitches, you'll look silly trying to hit off him more often than not.

Well, this guy is...interesting. I'm not gonna knock picking a TE. It's evident this guy can really catch the ball, not like a Gesicki, but certainly he's very comfortable grabbing the football. He doesn't even seem to get that much separation on his routes, though, until he pushes off almost like Brian Hartline taught him. So you think maybe he doesn't have burst or something, but then when he catches the ball at a stop he really turns and bursts upfield really well, and you're like "where did that come from?" Part of me feels like this guy could be a really solid player, and then another feels like he's another Egnew that just won't ever move well enough to actually get open on an NFL field or adjust to catching the ball with NFL caliber defenders around him.

Back
Top Bottom