Intro to Hunter Long TE :RD 3 | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Intro to Hunter Long TE :RD 3

Elite level athlete. Been a trend for Miami this year.

I don't think there is even a single metric that even comes close to Gesicki's numbers. I sure hope Grier doesn't think that Hunter Long is a Gesicki replacement. We gave up an All-Pro FS because we were stupid ... I'd hate to break up literally the best performing TE group in Dolphins history simply because we don't properly appreciate the guys we have.

Honestly, I'm surprised by the Hunter Long pick. But understand why Miami selected him. He's a solid player. Just not what most fans were expecting in round three. Chit happens. Its seems like its forward thinking as protection against losing several of their current TE's to F/A next year.

You know, we are arguing position of need vs. actual value of player. Time to take a step back and watch how this thing unfolds. Might end up being a hell of a player, and a key guy whether we extend Gesicki or not. We are going to run multiple TE sets in this offense quite often. One thing I've come to trust in my time on this board is Slimm's evals.

I'm not going to let my disappointment in pick #81 overall alter my feelings on absolutely killing the first 2 rounds. We are a better football team this weekend than we were at 7:59 PM on Thursday night.

Go Dolphins! Time to spark up....

I don't think there is even a single metric that even comes close to Gesicki's numbers. I sure hope Grier doesn't think that Hunter Long is a Gesicki replacement. We gave up an All-Pro FS because we were stupid ... I'd hate to break up literally the best performing TE group in Dolphins history simply because we don't properly appreciate the guys we have.

Nobody is talking about the baby giraffe.

I don’t understand the obsession with RB. The last 10 SB winning teams have had 3 1,000 yard rushers. Rice, Gurley, and Blount. Most have had lead backs closer to 500 yds than a 1,000 yards. It all comes down to Qb play and coaching. Let’s have faith in our young QB and our HC.

It wouldn't be my pick, but this guy is an athletic pass catcher. If he's ballin with Gesicki, we'll forget where he's drafted. If he sucks then we can properly judge Grier. We won't have 7 TEs by the regular season. I don't think they view him as Gesicki's replacement. I think they view him in 2 TE sets with Gesicki that could be dangerous.

It wouldn't be my pick, but this guy is an athletic pass catcher. If he's ballin with Gesicki, we'll forget where he's drafted. If he sucks then we can properly judge Grier. We won't have 7 TEs by the regular season. I don't think they view him as Gesicki's replacement. I think they view him in 2 TE sets with Gesicki that could be dangerous.
I absolutely agree. I see it the same way. Miami's OC is a notoriously TE friendly schemer

Should be a great Red Zone threat. Face it, when Smythe and Gesicki were both on the field in the red zone, you knew it was going to be a fade to Gesicki. Durham Smythe is a JAG, and this is a solid upgrade.

You know, we are arguing position of need vs. actual value of player. Time to take a step back and watch how this thing unfolds. Might end up being a hell of a player, and a key guy whether we extend Gesicki or not. We are going to run multiple TE sets in this offense quite often. One thing I've come to trust in my time on this board is Slimm's evals.

I'm not going to let my disappointment in pick #81 overall alter my feelings on absolutely killing the first 2 rounds. We are a better football team this weekend than we were at 7:59 PM on Thursday night.

Go Dolphins! Time to spark up....
Nice job

Back
Top Bottom