Intro to Hunter Long TE :RD 3 | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Intro to Hunter Long TE :RD 3

That's because Gesicki doesn't get separation and has to be thrown open. Not Tua's strength entering the league.
Or maybe it 's because our entire receiving corps is good but not great, and Tua excels when surrounded by greatness at every position ... an untenable requirement in the NFL.

What I read was that he played high or kept his head down but that he was an enthusiastic blocker. Which basically just means that he needs to be coached up. I also read that he’s a good blocker in space, keeping his head on a swivel and creating opportunities for his teammates downfield.
Ok. Well, I like what you read better than what I read.
What I read literally said he's useless as an inline blocker.
If he can block in the NFL, then he's a good pick, even if he was 180 degrees from a 'need' position.

This is the first pick that I found hard to justify. Are we running with 4 TE’s this year? Are we dropping Shaheen less than a year after giving him an extension? Are we dropping Smythe and saying we don’t need a blocking TE? Do we just flat out secretly hate Gesicki? Are we going to baffle defenses with our vaunted 4 TE shotgun formations? What exactly is the plan here?
Good player. Good value for the pick if you’re operating in a vacuum. But truly, truly baffling decision with so much talent at positions of need staring you in the face.

Back
Top Bottom