Is Matt Jones worthy of the #18? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Matt Jones worthy of the #18?

Anquan Boldin was a risk because he had plenty of production in college but none of the physical gifts that tell you the guy can do it in the pros. Eddie Moore was NOT a risk pick because he had plenty of jets to run around the field, and according to Wannstedt's strategy, that's really all we wanted him to do. Don't accuse me of taking an unpopular pick and using it for my argument. Eddie Moore was and always will be a safe need pick that was chosen because Wannstedt didn't have the balls to take a chance on a guy that ran a 4.7 in the 40, but made all kinds of plays in college.

And as for Matt Jones, we'll just have to see, but I will be laughing at the non-believers when he leads the league in receiving within his first three years (barring injury).

I think Matt Jones will become a top 5 reciver in the league barring injury..There is not 1 CB that can stop him or is as fast as him...Truthfully how bad of a player do you think he could be? at worst maybe Keyshawn Johnson w/o the attitude...That is a pretty good player...Many of you might not think it but he is also a great QB and could fill in role situations...and trick plays. The only question I have about him, is how crisp is his route running and can he block? I think he will be a great pick at #18 no matter what we need...if you draft your needs like Wanny did, see how those players turned out? If you draft the BPA like what Bellichek does you see how his players turn out..Just look through drafts and compare teams who drafter BPA to needs...just my 2 cents

ckparrothead said:
Anquan Boldin was a risk because he had plenty of production in college but none of the physical gifts that tell you the guy can do it in the pros. Eddie Moore was NOT a risk pick because he had plenty of jets to run around the field, and according to Wannstedt's strategy, that's really all we wanted him to do. Don't accuse me of taking an unpopular pick and using it for my argument. Eddie Moore was and always will be a safe need pick that was chosen because Wannstedt didn't have the balls to take a chance on a guy that ran a 4.7 in the 40, but made all kinds of plays in college.

And as for Matt Jones, we'll just have to see, but I will be laughing at the non-believers when he leads the league in receiving within his first three years (barring injury).

I guess this is one area where we disagree. I do think injury history is a risk.

I just call it as I see it. That is exactly what it looks like.

What do you guys think about Auburn's qb

I've never been a big follower of college football, but I know it's a rumor that the Skins might go for Campbell (from Auburn. I think that's his name), but do you think we might take him with our #18?

He's a boom or bust, I don't want to take that chance. If we did that trade, I like an Auburn RB at #7 and Thomas Davis at #18.

I think we need help at QB, and you don't think we'll get one if we get 2 firsts? Not being sarcastic, just inquisitive.

oh and one of the reasons i want to pick him is just so that the Pats don't. cause then, knowing their luck, he would be a hall of famer leading the league in receptions every year of his carrer and becomes better than Jerry Rice. he would retire 20 years from now after leading them to 5 or 6 more superbowls

ckparrothead said:
Even if he's the most dynamic athlete the league has ever seen at the WR position?

Is "dynamic" code for "dud"?

On what basis are you saying that this guy is the best/most dynamic ever?

"if" is the right word. That's the key. There are so many other good picks that we could make.

And by the way, with a player of Teddy Bruschi's caliber probably out for at least a year if not his career, I don't see how everyone believes the Patriots are in a position where they would have the "luxury" to take a chance on a boom or bust player like Jones. Is Monty Beisel going to replace Bruschi without a hitch? I doubt it. The patriots need a linebacker who can flat out ball within his rookie year and it's not surprising to me that they are in contact with Channing Crowder a lot (from my own personal sources). Crowder may only have a 4 or 5 year NFL career with those knees, but there's no denying he can play well right now.

ckparrothead said:
And by the way, with a player of Teddy Bruschi's caliber probably out for at least a year if not his career, I don't see how everyone believes the Patriots are in a position where they would have the "luxury" to take a chance on a boom or bust player like Jones. Is Monty Beisel going to replace Bruschi without a hitch? I doubt it. The patriots need a linebacker who can flat out ball within his rookie year and it's not surprising to me that they are in contact with Channing Crowder a lot (from my own personal sources). Crowder may only have a 4 or 5 year NFL career with those knees, but there's no denying he can play well right now.

yeah but you know how they always get their good players on the lower rounds.... maybe they will take Jones in the first if he's there. and they did lose Givens and Brown

Back
Top Bottom