Is there a player that's growing on you? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is there a player that's growing on you?

Bet most people don't know that, of the 2020 WR's, only Tee Higgins and Jerry Jeudy were higher rated coming out of HS. Reagor's father is retired DL, Montae Reagor. He ran a 4.41 coming out of HS, but he ran an - of course, unofficial - 4.29 before the 2019 season.

For people unsure of Reagor, check out his 2019 game vs Ohio State. Keeping in mind that OSU has been as good as anyone at CB over the last 5 years, notice how easily Reagor separates.

Terrible QB play aside (30% of Reagor's targets were uncatchable - most of the 2020 prospects by about 10%), TCU didn't do much to maximize Reagor's talent. Usually, they lined him up outside, making it easy to roll coverage his way.

In 2019, he averaged 20.8 (!!) yards per punt return. He and Lynn Bowden Jr are the best in the class at returning punts.

In a stacked WR class, no one would add more to Miami's offense than Reagor. He'd open things up for Parker and Gesicki, and he's a threat to score every time he touches the ball. Elite speed, burst, and quickness, and he's strong/thick.

Btw, when you see him wearing 18 in these highlights, it's from his Freshman year, when he was 18 years old.

Was listening to the Draft dudes pod on the way home last night and their episode was focused on Kristian Fulton and Raegor, they echoed the point you made about the QB there at TCU really hindering his stats because to be frank he was awful, had he been lined up in an LSU shirt, Bama or a Clemson one or some other college program with a competent QB you could be looking at a kid that revivals the best WR prospects in the draft in terms of stats.

One point they made on the negative side that had me feeling that this kid could be a perfect fit for us is that, his catch radius isn't huge and he doesn't often bail out inaccurate QB play, but put the ball on the right spot and watch him YAC the hell out of defenses. If we go where we all think we are going with our first pick in the draft, that seems a perfect weapon for Tua, as accuracy and ball placement is where he excels.

Last edited:
Oh and we may have one hell of a track meet for the 40 within the wideout class alone at the combine, KJ Hamler, Ruggs, Raegor, Aiyuk, and Duvernay, all got wheels.

Was listening to the Draft dudes pod on the way home last night and their episode was focused on Kristian Fulton and Raegor, they echoed the point you made about the QB there at TCU really hindering his stats because to be frank he was awful, had he been lined up in an LSU shirt, Bama or a Clemson one or some other college program with a competent QB you could be looking at a kid that revivals the best WR prospects in the draft in terms of stats.

One point they made on the negative side that hads me feeling that this kid could be a perfect fit for us is that, is catch radius isn't huge and he doesn't often bail out inaccurate QB play, but put the ball on the right spot and watch him YAC the hell out of defenses. If we go where we all think we are going with our first pick in the draft, that seems a perfect weapon for Tua, as accuracy and ball placement is where he excels.

He can go get it, though.

I think he'll go in the 1st, but maybe teams wait because of the depth of the WR group.

I think he's a first rounder any other year but with the depth there at WR , as you say, I think there's a big chance he's still there at our 2b.

Wow. I'm seeing OLB/SS Simmons popping up in the top 4 selections in more and more Mocks!

A player that's growing on me?

Matt Hennessy.

I could gush about him all damn day the way I gushed about Joe Thuney all damn day, back in January 2016. And for a lot of the same reasons.

Wow. I'm seeing OLB/SS Simmons popping up in the top 4 selections in more and more Mocks!

He is value there, absolutely top 5 talent, what I think will knock him down a little is that he is a tweener, someone will get a bargain with him later in the top 10. Detroit and ourselves I feel are the only two teams that would draft him there in the current, both those teams are outside choices though, as we both may have other priorities.

A player that's growing on me?

Matt Hennessy.

I could gush about him all damn day the way I gushed about Joe Thuney all damn day, back in January 2016. And for a lot of the same reasons.

Good call, he was excellent at the senior bowl too, think it's between him and Cushenberry for #1 center, Cush probably wins but Hennessy would be a fantastic pick up for any team needing a center.

I'm pretty sure Hennessy will be the better pro Center. I respect Cushenberry quite a bit but I won't agonize over that call.

Better anchor between the two? Cushenberry / Hennessey? Better technique?

I'm pretty sure Hennessy will be the better pro Center. I respect Cushenberry quite a bit but I won't agonize over that call.

Hennessey does look good, can move bodies and looks unusually quick for a Center, nimble feet. I like the way how he sticks it to his main assignment and then without skipping a beat he's on the next guy that he can attack. Reminds me a bit of Weston Richburg.

Last edited:
Oh and we may have one hell of a track meet for the 40 within the wideout class alone at the combine, KJ Hamler, Ruggs, Raegor, Aiyuk, and Duvernay, all got wheels.

Jeff Thomas was faster than any of them coming out of high school, well at least the Class of 2016. Thomas has a chance to help himself at the combine if he runs back to that 4.38 prep level. But strangely he seemed to tail off as a collegian not only in terms of production but also raw speed and short area quickness and elusiveness. I'll be interested to see if any of that returns once his pro future is at stake.

I posted that link a couple of months ago with the finding that speed is overrated for wide receivers but underrated for running backs. However the league still doesn't see it that way so the 4.4 receivers with no competitiveness whatsoever will continue to be pushed up the ranks while the sub 4.5 running backs will drop to bargain range.

Regarding your point about the TCU quarterbacking...absolutely. It should be next to impossible to manage only 6.2 YPA in the Big 12. Prior to TCU this season, only Kansas had been anywhere near that level or below in the past 5 seasons.

Back
Top Bottom