Is There Any Truth To What Jim Hasbeen Was Saying About Our Projected Starter at SS? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is There Any Truth To What Jim Hasbeen Was Saying About Our Projected Starter at SS?

and here is a thought, if t buck stunk as a FS, put him back to his natural position, SS....why would that be a hard concept?

I should add that he's never played SS before. Runningback in college, yes. Cornerback in college and in New England, yes. Free safety in New England and New Orleans, yes. Strong safety---no. This will be new for him.

all haslett did was light a fir below tebuckys a** which only helps us because now he has something and someone to prove wrong and i am almost positive his natural position is ss and not fs

T- Buckey said that Saban was a good teacher, and that should help his ball skills, I assume that Hasslett's crappy coaching has something to do with Jones lack of INTs.

Hey ChambersNBoston you call him Jim Hasbeen but he is a never was.

PatsSuck456 said:
T- Buckey said that Saban was a good teacher, and that should help his ball skills, I assume that Hasslett's crappy coaching has something to do with Jones lack of INTs.

So does Belicheck's crappy coaching explain his lack of INTs in New England? :rofl3:

Not defending Haslett---he sucks---but so does Tebucky. In fact it's hard to decide which one sucks more.

and i am almost positive his natural position is ss and not fs

He's never played it before for any length of time, but I guess his coaches at Syracuse and New England suck just like Haslett, and thus didn't play him at his natural spot.

RaptorBpW said:
As was the following season's 7-9. It was Mueller who ran off the guys most responsible for that 10-6 season. ;)
Yeah man, I made a good post about this in another thread. Here let me find it. http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=81702

Here's my post, tell me what you think.

painnotpleasure said:
You're blaming a teams 30 years of misfortune on a General Manager who has only been there for two years? Do you realize before he came there the Saints went 3-13 and used almost all their high valued draft picks moving up to take Ricky Williams ALL BEFORE HE GOT THERE thanks to Ditka. Once he got there he had a 3-13 team to work with and limited draft picks. He rebuilt the roster with productive Free Agents and traded with Green Bay to acquire Aaron Brooks. He inherited a 3-13 team with very few draft high value draft picks and how did the Saints do the first year with Mueller as their GM? They go 10-6!!!! WIN DIVISION and beat the Defending Super Bowl Champs in the first round of the playoffs. Which I might add was the only Playoff game in FRANCHISE HISTORY that they ever won and it was with Mueller as their GM. Next season he gets fired because New Orleans' owner Benson is a jacka$$ and because they go 7-9 and finish third in their division. May I ask who else was in there division...? Rams 14-2 and 49ers 12-4. Also he got fired for trading Ricky Williams to us when at the time, it seemed like a bad move but he got two first round picks and we get a 1853yd season from Ricky with no playoffs and than he quits on us two years later. Meanwhile he got the Saints two FIRST ROUND PICKS and Deuce Ccallister whom he drafted...

To sum it up... I wouldn't quite say he sucks and please get your facts straight.

RaptorBpW said:
So does Belicheck's crappy coaching explain his lack of INTs in New England? :rofl3:

Not defending Haslett---he sucks---but so does Tebucky. In fact it's hard to decide which one sucks more.

He's never played it before for any length of time, but I guess his coaches at Syracuse and New England suck just like Haslett, and thus didn't play him at his natural spot.
Haslett sucks yes.. as for new england im pretty sure they had a pretty good SS already.

When he was with the Pats b4....was he a FS or SS?...I think Hasbeen just out him out of position to make big plays.

Tebucky Jones is a terrific athlete. Unfortunately, he's never been much of a football player. His career thus far has been based on potential, and so far he hasn't come close to living up to it. His hands are terrible. This is a known fact. Since he's been a defensive back in this league for 7 years, I wouldn't expect that to change now. From my experience of watching him play in New England, everything Haslett has said is true. Tebucky is a classy guy though. Maybe he'll realize that this is his last chance to live up to his potential. Maybe Strong Safety will be a natural fit for him. Maybe Saban can mold him into a good defensive back. I wish him well.

To his credit, Tebucky is a special teams demon, and the dolphins should take advantage of this. He can also line people up for a big hit, but during his time in New England, he had a tendency to always try to line someone up for the perfect hit, and he often took out his fellow teammate instead (see San Diego 2002 when Tomlinson rushed for over 200 yards). I haven't had much of a chance to watch him the past few years though.

You're blaming a teams 30 years of misfortune on a General Manager who has only been there for two years?

No. I blame it on inept ownership since the beginning.

Do you realize before he came there the Saints went 3-13 and used almost all their high valued draft picks moving up to take Ricky Williams ALL BEFORE HE GOT THERE thanks to Ditka. Once he got there he had a 3-13 team to work with and limited draft picks. He rebuilt the roster with productive Free Agents and traded with Green Bay to acquire Aaron Brooks. He inherited a 3-13 team with very few draft high value draft picks and how did the Saints do the first year with Mueller as their GM? They go 10-6!!!! WIN DIVISION and beat the Defending Super Bowl Champs in the first round of the playoffs. Which I might add was the only Playoff game in FRANCHISE HISTORY that they ever won and it was with Mueller as their GM.

I'm a rabid Saints fan; of course I realize it. I lived through that disaster. I do find it odd that none of you give Haslett any credit for 2000...and I'm one of his biggest critics.

You're unaware, apparently, that the core of the 2000 playoff team was here before Mueller's arrival. He built up our skill positions through free agency around the already-existing core.

Joe Johnson
La'Roi Glover
Ricky Williams
Willie Roaf
Kyle Turley
Jerry Fontenot
Wally Williams
Chris Naeole
Mark Fields
Sammy Knight

To that core, he added Horn, Brooks, Blake and a whole slew of mid-level free agents and special teamers. But without most of the above, we aren't even a .500 football team in 2000. Period. And they were already here.

It should be noted that of those players, a large number of them were allowed to leave under Mueller's watch. He chose not to pursue La'Roi Glover, replacing him with Grady Jackson, and the end result has been a horrid interior line ever since. He traded Roaf and then moved Turley to left tackle, where he was average at best, and it wasn't long before ol' Turley went totally insane.

After 2001, Mueller made a LOT of personnel moves---and almost NONE of them panned out. The job he did in 2000 should be lauded---the one he did thereafter was embarrassingly bad at times.

Next season he gets fired because New Orleans' owner Benson is a jacka$$ and because they go 7-9 and finish third in their division. May I ask who else was in there division...? Rams 14-2 and 49ers 12-4. Also he got fired for trading Ricky Williams to us when at the time, it seemed like a bad move but he got two first round picks and we get a 1853yd season from Ricky with no playoffs and than he quits on us two years later. Meanwhile he got the Saints two FIRST ROUND PICKS and Deuce Ccallister whom he drafted...

He got fired for a lot of reasons. No single one explains it all. The team's performance was one piece of the puzzle, as was the fact that he let go of so many bankable stars. Mueller's shady dealings and obsessive-compulsive management style helped bring about his downfall...and I think you'd be hard pressed to find a single Saints fan who thinks the Ricky trade was a bad move. And yes, he did draft Deuce McAllister, but the end result of that 2001 draft was in fact similar to the 1999 Ricky one---we got one player.

To sum it up... I wouldn't quite say he sucks and please get your facts straight.

I know this team as well as any New Orleans Saints fan. I've been following them quite literally since birth. My facts are straight.

jmood88 said:
What does that have to do with anything?

Quite alot actually, because someone from the aints is the last person to criticize how another franchise has done lately. Especially the dolphins, face it Aints fans this is the closest you'll ever get to the lombardi trophy.

tylaw4president said:
Tebucky Jones is a terrific athlete. Unfortunately, he's never been much of a football player. His career thus far has been based on potential, and so far he hasn't come close to living up to it. His hands are terrible. This is a known fact. Since he's been a defensive back in this league for 7 years, I wouldn't expect that to change now. From my experience of watching him play in New England, everything Haslett has said is true. Tebucky is a classy guy though. Maybe he'll realize that this is his last chance to live up to his potential. Maybe Strong Safety will be a natural fit for him. Maybe Saban can mold him into a good defensive back. I wish him well.

To his credit, Tebucky is a special teams demon, and the dolphins should take advantage of this. He can also line people up for a big hit, but during his time in New England, he had a tendency to always try to line someone up for the perfect hit, and he often took out his fellow teammate instead (see San Diego 2002 when Tomlinson rushed for over 200 yards). I haven't had much of a chance to watch him the past few years though.

Now THIS is a good breakdown. RIGHT ON, dude. I should tell you that one stipulation of Tebucky's when he arrived in New Orleans was that he not play special teams...he didn't want to. He's EXTREMELY good at it, but he didn't want to play it over here...maybe that'll change in Miami after his disaster in New Orleans.

FinSinceBirth said:
Quite alot actually, because someone from the aints is the last person to criticize how another franchise has done lately. Especially the dolphins, face it Aints fans this is the closest you'll ever get to the lombardi trophy.

You are the best overall team in NFL history, and I have a lot of respect for your franchise. That's why your 2004 off-season was so troubling to me.

RaptorBpW said:
No. I blame it on inept ownership since the beginning.

I'm a rabid Saints fan; of course I realize it. I lived through that disaster. I do find it odd that none of you give Haslett any credit for 2000...and I'm one of his biggest critics.

You're unaware, apparently, that the core of the 2000 playoff team was here before Mueller's arrival. He built up our skill positions through free agency around the already-existing core.

Joe Johnson
La'Roi Glover
Ricky Williams
Willie Roaf
Kyle Turley
Jerry Fontenot
Wally Williams
Chris Naeole
Mark Fields
Sammy Knight

To that core, he added Horn, Brooks, Blake and a whole slew of mid-level free agents and special teamers. But without most of the above, we aren't even a .500 football team in 2000. Period. And they were already here.

It should be noted that of those players, a large number of them were allowed to leave under Mueller's watch. He chose not to pursue La'Roi Glover, replacing him with Grady Jackson, and the end result has been a horrid interior line ever since. He traded Roaf and then moved Turley to left tackle, where he was average at best, and it wasn't long before ol' Turley went totally insane.

After 2001, Mueller made a LOT of personnel moves---and almost NONE of them panned out. The job he did in 2000 should be lauded---the one he did thereafter was embarrassingly bad at times.

He got fired for a lot of reasons. No single one explains it all. The team's performance was one piece of the puzzle, as was the fact that he let go of so many bankable stars. Mueller's shady dealings and obsessive-compulsive management style helped bring about his downfall...and I think you'd be hard pressed to find a single Saints fan who thinks the Ricky trade was a bad move. And yes, he did draft Deuce McAllister, but the end result of that 2001 draft was in fact similar to the 1999 Ricky one---we got one player.

I know this team as well as any New Orleans Saints fan. I've been following them quite literally since birth. My facts are straight.
No man, that post wasn't directed at you!! :lol: It was in the thread. Someone made a post and that was my response to them, not you.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/s...ead.php?t=81702 Check out the first couple of posts there, that was my response to THAT POST, not you. Hope that clears everything up. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
How many playoff games have the Saints won in the last o say 30 years?? 1!!! Mueller sucks!! Good thiung he doesn't have control over who we sign/draft.
Someone made that reply to me so I made that post, that I just sent you... and was wondering what your thoughts were. And also thanks for the good informative post. Good to hear some inside insight from a Saints fan.

RaptorBpW said:
You are the best overall team in NFL history, and I have a lot of respect for your franchise. That's why your 2004 off-season was so troubling to me.
your off the troll list..welcome to the board.

RaptorBpW said:

Same year, honestly I have no problem with the saints. But when a saints fan asks what the dolphins have done recently, it irks my anger

Back
Top Bottom