Jason Allen (not looking like a starting caliber player) | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Allen (not looking like a starting caliber player)

My two cents:

I just watched the game a few hours ago. I though Jason Allen played well overall. He was active in run support and was a major factor in Rattay throwing the interception. He had one bonehead play, but he was asked to play out of position. Actually, he looks a lot better than what I thought we were getting when we drafted him.

I just repeated watching the game with 3 of my buddies.. (I watched it alone the first time analyzing it) and I didn't say a word to them about Jason Allen. All 3 of them said "D*mn, #32 is literally getting his *ss beat out there." I just sat there yelled out a huge laugh. I thought maybe I was analyzing Allen too much to the point where I was nitpicking. That wasn't the case, Allen laying on his back too much is very noticeable.......
to everybody.

RUDEbyallMEANS said:
I just repeated watching the game with 3 of my buddies.. (I watched it alone the first time analyzing it) and I didn't say a word to them about Jason Allen. All 3 of them said "D*mn, #32 is literally getting his *ss beat out there." I just sat there yelled out a huge laugh. I thought maybe I was analyzing Allen too much to the point where I was nitpicking. That wasn't the case, Allen laying on his back too much is very noticeable.......
to everybody.

Yeah, to just about all the Monday Morning QB's and clueless Fantasy Football GM's and which means absolutely nothing to me.

Dmancari23 said:
Go look at my last post then, I was giving my support to Joey Harrington and Travis Minor. I'm not a fan of Ronnie, Daunte and Jason Allen. I was wanting other people over all three of them. They're here now, so it is what it is, but forums are opinions. I am a huge Dolphins fan, but I don't believe I need take my views and throw them out the door because of that. I have my reasons for not liking those 3 guys. I want the Phins to win, so if they help with that, excellent, but as far as having to like the guys, there's no reason for me to.

:confused:

Nick is God said:
Are you telling me you wouldn't take Joey and Travis over Pepper and Ronnie either??

:sidelol:

:refuse:

Jason Allen has all the tools, particularly the speed, to be great in this league. He has a good attitude, seems to work hard and listens to Saban. Saban wouldn't be defending him if he didn't believe in him. So I say give the kid a chance, he has played in a total of 2 NFL preseason games. Expect Saban to spend a good bit of time personally helping JA to become what he can in this league, I am not worried, yet.

RUDEbyallMEANS said:
Tackling stats don't tell you if the defender got run over but held on for dear life to bring the RB down with him, or if it was a "Sean Taylor" tackle. A tackle is a tackle but the form of the tackle sets a huge statement. JAson Allens tackling ability might of been assumed to be excellent by the way of his stats in college and by tehe word of mouth that the Tennesse coaches talk about his "williongness to make a tcakle" but, evaluating his play in 2 pre-season games show that run support is the weakness in his game.

:shakeno:

LOL, after 2 pre-season games, you have 100% more information about Jason Allen as a player than Nick Saban had access to? :rolleyes2

So you mean to tell me that 2 preseason games of any player will equate to an entire career for Jason Allen?

You cannot lead a defense in tackling without having a "willingness to make a tackle"!! :shakeno:

This thread makes me sick! How in the world can a player be a bust not even playing in a regular season game yet lol. Give the kid a break he was only in camp for a week before the jax game and he is learning two positions! This thread is absolutly rediculous and disgust me. Give the damn kid some time he is learning a very complex defense at two postions so please give him some time! You say you wanted chad Jackson #1 thank God you are not coaching this team we would be back to wanny days probable worst. Ill give Jason Allen alot more then 2 weeks to say hes a bust or not. That is just absolutly rediculous. People with idiotic imput like that should not be aloud to put up threads makes me absolutly sick!

PhinsRock said:
Jason Allen has all the tools, particularly the speed, to be great in this league. He has a good attitude, seems to work hard and listens to Saban. Saban wouldn't be defending him if he didn't believe in him. So I say give the kid a chance, he has played in a total of 2 NFL preseason games. Expect Saban to spend a good bit of time personally helping JA to become what he can in this league, I am not worried, yet.
Yep your right on bro, stay positive i think the kid has all the tools also!

Dmancari23 said:
Well, I have to admit, I was and still am very critical of this whole Jason Allen experiment. The guy looks absolutely lost. I don't care about the time he's missed. I think back and look back to the rookie seasons of Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, Roy Williams and I am thinking we got owned with this pick. I questioned the pick from day 1. I'm extremely dissapointed that we passed on guys like Winston Justice, Chad Jackson, Antonio Cromartie, and Manny Lawson for this guy. I am a big Gators fan and watch alot of SEC football and this guy was nothing special at Tennessee.. I am hating this pick more than ever now. I know everyone will hate my opinion and say it's only preseason. That's a bunch of crock. There's plenty of guys out there making plays even though it's preseason. I hope he ends up being good, but wow is he making Saban look like an idiot for reaching and drafting him so early.
Try to bring out the positives some time about your team.:tongue: The young man is playing catch up like no other, and at the same time he is learning, and playing two different positions. Could you do any better yourself? Give him a break and sometime before you throw him under the bus, and start driving over him.:tantrum:

Saban4prez said:
you guys need to accept the fact that not all first rounders bloom their first season in the nfl...

:yeahthat:

Back
Top Bottom