Jay Fiedler.... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Fiedler....

I'm scared of Jay as a Jet becasue Ray Lucas killed us as a Jet and when we signed him he made us actaully miss Jay

Living in NY., every time we were going to play the Jets, the Jets fans and media would be killing Fiedler all week. Now he is a good pick-up? I couldn't be happier Jay is gone, and even more pleased he is a Jet. Even if by some chance, he were to actually play a good game against us, we all know he will back it up with 5 lousy games right after it. I hope Jay Fiedler plays for the Jets, exactly how he played for us..........

FinFan90 said:
N e one is Pennigton the starter now? Or is he still hurt...

Reports are that he has started "soft throwing" privately. So far though he has not thrown the ball in any of the Jet's minicamps. Herm Edwards claimed a couple of months ago that Pennington would be able to throw the ball sometime in June so he probably is considered to be "on schedule". I think as long as there is a remote chance that Pennington could play he would be considered the "starter". Especially considering who their backup QB is now.

phinian said:
Hate fiedler.. Cant stand him, never could. Thrilled he's going to muck up the jets this season.. you know pennington will get hurt, fiedler will play, i just hope its against us.. im getting excited just thinging about it.

You must be outta yur gorde. If he plays they will beat us by 5 TDs. He is easlily the best QB ever to play in a Dolphin uniform.

People hate Fiedler because of the simple fact that he isnt Marino. A big problem with most Fins fans is that they like names more then they like wins. Ive been saying it for years, most Fin fans would be happier to lose with a big name like Marino then to win with a Jay Fiedler or an AJ Feeley. Fiedler wasnt a superstar but he won more then he lost and he always played with balls, so I dont see why so many hate him so much. Obviously the guy had to be decent because he started 5 years in the NFL and he was signed this year to back up the most injury prone QB in the league. I agree with whoever said that Jay couldve been a pro bowler in a west coast system, hes defenitely just as or even more talented then QBs like Jeff Garcia and Rich Gannon who went to multiple pro bowls. In the end I think it all comes down to names for most fins fans. Dolphin fans love their Junior Seaus, Cris Carters and Brian Grieses even if they dont produce at all. Just in all honesty this is not the smartest fan base in the world, most Fin fans are just rich people who only support the team when they win. Fiedler wasnt a big name and he didnt consistently win so of coarse they hate him.

jaxdolfan said:
It is debatable whether he helped us or hindered us in our playoff hopes.

At least he never got beat 62-7 in the playoffs.

KillerJosh373 said:
People hate Fiedler because of the simple fact that he isnt Marino. A big problem with most Fins fans is that they like names more then they like wins. Ive been saying it for years, most Fin fans would be happier to lose with a big name like Marino then to win with a Jay Fiedler or an AJ Feeley. Fiedler wasnt a superstar but he won more then he lost and he always played with balls, so I dont see why so many hate him so much. Obviously the guy had to be decent because he started 5 years in the NFL and he was signed this year to back up the most injury prone QB in the league. I agree with whoever said that Jay couldve been a pro bowler in a west coast system, hes defenitely just as or even more talented then QBs like Jeff Garcia and Rich Gannon who went to multiple pro bowls. In the end I think it all comes down to names for most fins fans. Dolphin fans love their Junior Seaus, Cris Carters and Brian Grieses even if they dont produce at all. Just in all honesty this is not the smartest fan base in the world, most Fin fans are just rich people who only support the team when they win. Fiedler wasnt a big name and he didnt consistently win so of coarse they hate him.

That is part of it, but there is also the ones out there who will give there right arm to be able to say, "I told ya so". They wanted Huard to start and didn't like it when JJ let both QBs decide it on the field. Ever since then they have wanted Jay to fail. They even took to a personal level, like he was our enemy or something. I would love to go to some of these people's job and watch them for a few days and then go write a article about how they SUCK!!
Jay was never a pro-bowler, and never will be, but I loved it when year after year all these Jay-haters would be SOOOO sure one of these other QBs were gonna take his job and all Jay would do was go out and out-perform them. Then you would get all this BS about how the line only blocked for Jay, or the recievers dropped the other QBs passes, or a cheerleader bent over at the wrong time and got them distracted. Truth is he outplayed them all, including AJ. I hate the Jets with a passion, but if he gets in the game vs us, I know I will find myself pulling for him, at least to put up good numbers.
He will probably always be one of my favorite players, just b/c all the unfair BS he had to put up with here. I know if I was him I would hate this organization and it's fans with a passion.

To be fair, Fiedler couldn't cut it as a full time starter, but I think he may be a pretty good backup i.e. good for an occassional solid performance.
As a starter he's limited and he can only carry a team so far (as we all learned) because of his limitations as a passer.

Jay will not beat us.Our defenders know him to well.It will be a feast in out favor.
The only games Jay played well in is when the defenses were erxpecting the run and the receivers were wide and I mean widdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddde open.

KillerJosh373 said:

Did you watch him play in Miami? The 3 second windup for passes over 15 yds, and then missing his receiver by 10yds or more? Choosing to throw to a double covered receiver when on the other side of the field he had a guy wide open? Throwing a screen or a short pass over the middle so poorly that the receiver had to stop, jump, or dive to catch the ball...eliminating any chance of yards after the catch?

I gave Jay the benefit of the doubt during his first season because I knew my judgement was clouded by memories of Marino....But from year 2 on, I judged Fiedler on his merits....or more accurately, the lack of them. He's an average backup QB. Thats all he ever was, and at this stage I would bet thats all he will ever be.

KillerJosh373 said:
Just in all honesty this is not the smartest fan base in the world, most Fin fans are just rich people who only support the team when they win.

thats just wrong, speak for yourself

TARHEEL38 said:
That is part of it, but there is also the ones out there who will give there right arm to be able to say, "I told ya so". They wanted Huard to start and didn't like it when JJ let both QBs decide it on the field. Ever since then they have wanted Jay to fail. They even took to a personal level, like he was our enemy or something. I would love to go to some of these people's job and watch them for a few days and then go write a article about how they SUCK!!
Jay was never a pro-bowler, and never will be, but I loved it when year after year all these Jay-haters would be SOOOO sure one of these other QBs were gonna take his job and all Jay would do was go out and out-perform them. Then you would get all this BS about how the line only blocked for Jay, or the recievers dropped the other QBs passes, or a cheerleader bent over at the wrong time and got them distracted. Truth is he outplayed them all, including AJ. I hate the Jets with a passion, but if he gets in the game vs us, I know I will find myself pulling for him, at least to put up good numbers.
He will probably always be one of my favorite players, just b/c all the unfair BS he had to put up with here. I know if I was him I would hate this organization and it's fans with a passion.

Huard our performed Jay Fiedler in the preseason and he was 5-1 as a starter including an awesome come back win in Indy.

He deserved a shot not Jay.

Back
Top Bottom