Jets and Bills' fans think Zach Thomas is a cheap shot artist | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets and Bills' fans think Zach Thomas is a cheap shot artist

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't say that Curtis Martin didn't give his body for the team. I feel pretty bad about it actually, the guy will be suffering for years because of what he went through.
Extremely durable player, can't argue that.... but your right, he will be suffering for years...and the suffering has already begun. I assume with his knees he will live year round in a warm climate such as...Miami?

Ummm.... no they're not.... This is from the NFL.com rulebook...

"A tackler using his helmet to butt, spear, or ram an opponent" is a 15 yard penalty.

Nowhere in the book does it mention helmet to helmet contact specifically.. I know for a fact I've seen numerous RB's, WR's, and TE's get the crap knocked out of them with helmet to helmet hits with no penalty called, it happens every game. It IS football you know, if you play professional football, you're probabaly going to receive a few concussions in your career..

I remember chad johnson got nailed with a helmet to helmet this year. took his head off almost. I dont remember if there was a flag tho. Anyone remember this hit or if there was a flag.

i hoped he killed coles myself i did not care if any jets got injured because i cant stand thier fans or the entire region

I was on Billzone, only a couple thought it was a Helmet to Helmet hit, its not as blown up as the thread makes it.

Congrats! IF you should make the playoffs it is one and out.
:lol:

I wouldn't hold my breath. The Jets have already won at New England this year, and almost beat Indianapolis in New York. I don't like the Jets, but right now I'd love to see them knock New England out of the play-offs, should they end up playing each other.

I think people get bored on here a lot, cuz they start the stupiest threads sometimes, and then make big deals of nothing.

Yes and that Jet player finger poking JT wasnt a cheap shot. Not even the jet player diving at our players knees while he was being blocked wasnt a cheap shot. **** the jets.

How about the cheap shot chop block on Dwight Stephenson inflicted by the Jets' Marty Lyons. It shortened the career of, perhaps, the greatest center to ever play in the NFL.
On that particular cheap shot, Stepehenson wasn't even involved in the play, he was trailing and the block was totally uneccessary.
ZT's hit was textbook and HOF'ers like Ronnie Lott made careers out of them.

Mn..firstof all..who IS surised that they are talkin crap? Out of three of us, who won more superbolws?(Oh yha..it didint take us 4 tries 2 win it..AND it wasn't lucky win either..) Who has a better FRANCHISE? Who has more people in Hall of fame? Who has a better record on MNF? Who won more games that mattered (ex afc champinship games against jets) Man..Name me 3 FAMOUS players beside Joe namath from da jets? On NFL Network, "americas Game" Whos superbowl team is rankedhigher? Bills..who set a NFL record 20ame winning streak?
Cmon..we can do this all day...
Man, this is rich.

While your team has wallowed in mediocrity and mismanagement for the past five years, you look back to the old days and dare anyone to have what you used to have as if having that memory somehow makes your current team less crappy.

It is quite possible that you can't name three famous Jets players because beyond what you read in your local paper you can take all the knowledge you have of football history, write it down on a piece of paper, crumble it up and shove it up the asssss of a gnat. Names like Martin and Klecko and Gastineau and Maynard mean nothing to you because you were likely still breastfeeding when they played. But my, oh, my...you can recite Bob Griese stats like he was your roommate at the local detention center.

You think you have the best franchise? You have a coach about to go to Bama, an OC you hate who will likely be your next HC, an owner about to sell the team, a gimpy starting quarterback who will remain a question mark until otherwise proven as a real starter, a third-string quarterback closing out a losing season, a Canadian-running dope fiend who you all magically think will be reliable for you one day despite all evidence to the contrary, and a defense that is a rat's asshair away from receiving social security. And golly gee, if Jason Taylor can just get named Def. Player of the Year, then this year can be considered a total success!!!

But you go on with the battle cry of years gone by because as is typical of the Miami fan, when the team starts sucking, the history books start getting cracked open.

Look, I know my team has sucked even longer than yours, but for the love of god, get a grip on yourself. You sound like Al Bundy reminiscing of that one great touchdown he scored in high school.

No one has considered that Zach has no neck? If he tackles with his shoulder (which he used) then his head may become involved. Just a thought. If the refs did not flag him for that, then it must be a legit hit because we get flagged against the jets for farting in the wind!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom