Jets becomes a must win now | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets becomes a must win now

I think this will be tougher than expected. We will probably face Darnold and they have some better WR’s now/. I think they are playing practice squaders in the secondary though. Have to throw it and be effective. We may get Gaskin back, something nobody is mentioning. Not a huge difference but I do think Gaskin is slightly better all around.

Looking like we need to beat the Jets, Bengals, Cheaters, Raiders, either KC/Bills, for a WC...the privilege of going to KC and getting donkey-stomped out of the first round. Not a prayer.

This run defense especially, is not ready for primetime.

If we have any hope of making the playoffs we can't loose to the jets. We loose that one we have no business being in the playoffs
We are not going to the playoffs unless we put Fitzpatrick the rest of the way. That's the only chance we have, and we know he Is hot and cold. Tua hasn't been any good on any game, he has miles to go, too many mistakes and lots of easy throws missed. I don't know how much he will improve and I hope his ceiling Is sky high, but as of now he resembles more a John Beck than a Russell Wilson type of QB. Those short easy throws he totally misses are really basic stuff. He has shown glimpses of good play but hasn't shown any consistency and he has put lots of terrible tape to this moment. I know he has no running game, but I am talking about easy stuff, not heroics. Run and stop the run. That's what we need as a team. Tua also needs to show he can handle pressure and make those damn easy throws. Missing wide open players is no good, he must put lots of work into it. As of now Tua Is by far the less impressive of the three top 3 drafted. I can see the potential, but he hasn't show me anything that makes me think he Is that franchise QB we have been waiting.

jets will be tough. They have all three of their wideouts back. Not sure if darnold or flaco is starting. They want to avoid going winless. Their corners are bad but our recievers suck beside parker. Shoulda kept ford for slot. Williams out hurts. Perry isn't ready for full time slot, grant is okay but being used too much. Gaskin is missed too. Just need to win and try to improve. Just get better. Thats all we can do at this point. Then see what happens with other teams winning and losing. But we just need to focus on getting better and win Sunday.

jets will be tough. They have all three of their wideouts back. Not sure if darnold or flaco is starting. They want to avoid going winless. Their corners are bad but our recievers suck beside parker. Shoulda kept ford for slot. Williams out hurts. Perry isn't ready for full time slot, grant is okay but being used too much. Gaskin is missed too. Just need to win and try to improve. Just get better. Thats all we can do at this point. Then see what happens with other teams winning and losing. But we just need to focus on getting better and win Sunday.
I think it is Flacco for another week.

And what happens if they finish 8-8, 9-7? Yall gonna collectively jump from the same bridge?

Miami has issues running the ball and stopping the run. Those types of teams get folded up in December and January.

You would think Denver would have tempered y'all lofty expectations.

That Jets game was the most boring NFL game I ever watched. The Jets were that bad.
This dolphins team was exposed against the Broncos. Other teams will attack the same way. This by no means is a easy win.

Last edited:
Well Denver was supposed to be a win. Can't count any games as a gimme now
Denver is a Crowd team that was undervalued based on current form. The Jets are a true Crap team.

There are many sites like this link below that are good reference points toward overall team strength. Note that Denver is just below middle of the league while Jets at absolute bottom. These numbers are still based on last week. After this week is incorporated, the Broncos will move higher. As always, the focus should be to rely on the totality of that type of list, and not on a specific team(s) that don't match impression, like the Vikings so high. It's just like preseason ratings in college sports. The vast majority will pan out but somehow everyone wants to throw out the entirety based on some high ranked team that flops:

The aspects that makes the Jets game problematic are divisional familiarity, and desperation by the Jets to avoid a winless season. They are not any good but will have tons more energy than the first meeting.

Back
Top Bottom