Jets/Bills Game Might Be Snowed Out | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets/Bills Game Might Be Snowed Out

I'm sure Bills and Jets fans care.

Even in our 1-15 season, I would have been PISSED if a situation like this came up and we didn't play all 16 of our games.

So we'd have a bunch of pissed off fat chicks and mentally handicapped people... Meh.

Let's not pretend that in a metropolitan area of 20 mil the Jets don't have empty seats as the season winds down and the Jets are eliminated.

there are empty seats but tickets are olds, we never have to worry about blackouts and use the population all you want but more than half the population doesn't even know what a football is as there are a million things to do besides football here in terms of entertainment.

The NFL allows some teams like the Bills to play in an outdoor stadium when they know there is a high risk of weather disruption like this. The Bills don't want an indoor facility because they might lose their home ground advantage. There are consequences to this. I say make them play in the snow so that it is terrible for players, coaches and fans who are prepared to freeze in the conditions.
The NFL is just concerned about making money. An embarassment playing in terrible freezing conditions and increasing the risk of serious injury may force the NFL to set some criteria re suitability of certain facilities. Where is Commissioner Goodell on this?

there are empty seats but tickets are olds, we never have to worry about blackouts and use the population all you want but more than half the population doesn't even know what a football is as there are a million things to do besides football here in terms of entertainment.
Which is the same excuse used in Miami that you don't buy.

The NFL allows some teams like the Bills to play in an outdoor stadium when they know there is a high risk of weather disruption like this. The Bills don't want an indoor facility because they might lose their home ground advantage. There are consequences to this. I say make them play in the snow so that it is terrible for players, coaches and fans who are prepared to freeze in the conditions.
The NFL is just concerned about making money. An embarassment playing in terrible freezing conditions and increasing the risk of serious injury may force the NFL to set some criteria re suitability of certain facilities. Where is Commissioner Goodell on this?

the bills have been playing for 50+ years, have they ever had a game cancelled before? just like Miami w/ hurricanes or California w/ earthquakes. there are risks everywhere

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Which is the same excuse used in Miami that you ridicule.

except Miami doesn't have half the competition for the entertainment dollar we have and again our tickets are sold, we don't need TV stations to buy up tickets.

Yeah, because there's nothing to do in south Florida :rolleyes2:

The Fuhrer wants the Super Bowl exposed to all weather conditions so this game should remain in Buffalo. Imagine if this happened in NYC last February. Really a shame it didn't.

Yeah, because there's nothing to do in south Florida :rolleyes2:

who said that? but you don't have a million other sports teams to compete w/ or Broadway.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

The Fuhrer wants the Super Bowl exposed to all weather conditions so this game should remain in Buffalo. Imagine if this happened in NYC last February. Really a shame it didn't.

I wish it did. the SB should rotate btw Mia, SD and NO w/ a few other Cities sprinkled in from time to time

the bills have been playing for 50+ years, have they ever had a game cancelled before? just like Miami w/ hurricanes or California w/ earthquakes. there are risks everywhere

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

except Miami doesn't have half the competition for the entertainment dollar we have and again our tickets are sold, we don't need TV stations to buy up tickets.
Silly me. Miami only has outdoor activities to include golf, boating, swimming and laying on a beach while its to cold to enjoy these in the majority of the country.

dude, this is a freak thing.

buffalo and all of upstate new yorkers, are accustomed to a ton of snow in the winter.

1-2 feet even, it would be a non story, even though that is still a **** load of snow.

however, when u r talking 6-7 feet in a span of 2 days, try and comprehend that, that would tower over a majority of ppl.

Silly me. Miami only has outdoor activities to include golf, boating, swimming and laying on a beach while its to cold to enjoy these in the majority of the country.

it's not NY and you have more than enough people where you shouldn't need your owner or TV stations to buy tickets to avoid blackouts. add in the fact that our tickets are also much more expensive too.

it's not NY and you have more than enough people where you shouldn't need your owner or TV stations to buy tickets to avoid blackouts. add in the fact that our tickets are also much more expensive too.

How many of those seats are owned by ticket brokers?

Everything in your world is so much better than anything in Miami. Except your football team of course.

Everything in your world is so much better than anything in Miami. Except your football team of course.

I love Miami and I love Florida. Nothing against Miami.

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

How many of those seats are owned by ticket brokers?

owned? probably not many, how many do they buy? probably a lot, that's the world we live in today. they got rid of the loyalist fans w/ the move to the new Stadium and PSLs.

Back
Top Bottom