Jets week has officially begun! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets week has officially begun!

WTF are you talking about? What does Sean Smith defending Keller have anything to do with WR's being one on one?

Is another LB gonna double up on the receiver then?

If you have to dedicate a corner to a TE, that is one less corner you have on the WR's.

Is another LB gonna double up on the receiver then?

If you have to dedicate a corner to a TE, that is one less corner you have on the WR's.

I'm obviously talking about nickel/dime. In base formation Dansby will take Keller out the game.

Oh. I thought it was common knowledge if a CB is defending a TE, it's obviously not base formation.

Maybe that was the posters intention. I thought he was suggesting that Smith cover Keller the whole game.

We shall see. Should be one of many good matchups.

Yep. I feel much better about defending Keller, and all TE's this year than last year. Crowder and Ayodele are dreadful in coverage. Shame that Edds got hurt but Carpenter can hold his own in coverage and has been quite a surprise so far to be honest. Wasn't expecting much from him.

the jets got beat up today in some key spots, obviously revis going out, i know taylor mangold and brad smith also sustained injuries as well

The thing with the Vikings I noticed is that Shancoe was giving you fits for a minute. He was the only receiver doing much damage to you guys. A hat tip to Vontae Davis is in order. But I believe Dustin Keller is equal a receiving threat...maybe even better. Just something to look out for.

But I have a some questions...not trying to be an jerk....they're just legit questions:

A) After holding the Patriots to 80 yards of total offense in the 2nd half, why do you think the Dolphins will do better offensively vs the Jets?

B) The Dolphins defense has been outstanding so far. But is it a case of the unit playing well - or - the lack of offensive firepower from the two teams you've played? Bills are a moribund offensive team, while the Vikes are missing their best wideout .

C) It seems at times you guys were trying to give the game back to the Vikings with two fumbles tonight. Is ball security an issue for you guys?

D) Jets have shut down the Ravens & Patriot running attacks. 49 yards for the Ravens & 52 for the Pats. The last time the Jets & Dolphins played...the Jets shut down the wildcat offense. My question: Which are we more likely to see next Sunday...Conventional or Wildcat offense?

E) If the Jets take Brandon Marshall out of the game somehow...what other receiving threats should the Jets worry about? Reason I ask is because it is well known teams who pass the ball well against the Jets have multiple receiving threats. Who else should the Jets/Jets fans fear?

F) Last one: This is your home opener: Will the excitement of that cause the Dolphins to play reckless/over-excited/undisciplined?

GO JETS!

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope we just take them to school. I cant stand the jets, i can live with a loss to anyone but them.

A) Fins O is a bit of a mystery still, we dont know what we have yet. they didnt have a lot of trouble scoring last year and they added marshall. you think they should be better, but its taking time to settle in. we'll see.

B) Bills were supposed to have great running backs, got completely stuffed. Vikes at home were unbeatable and pretty much got pushed around until AP started getting some yards, but our D stood up when they had too, despite being put in terrible situations throughout the game. Fins D is for real.

C) the fumbles today have to a fluke, can't see both Ricky and Ronnie putting it on the ground every game.

D) Fins O, again, questions, but Fasano is a legit TE and can make plays down field. D. Bess is real good out of the slot, and if Hartline can get going, had a TD today, he can be decent one on one. This, provided that you can totally shut down the run attack that was able to move the ball against a good Vikings run defense.

E) Fins playing at night, at home are always a tough out. Their Monday night record is real good and this is the home opener, guys will be jacked up. The D will want to make a statement against the Jets that have pronounced themselves super bowl bound and are regarded to have the best defense in the division.

The thing with the Vikings I noticed is that Shancoe was giving you fits for a minute. He was the only receiver doing much damage to you guys. A hat tip to Vontae Davis is in order. But I believe Dustin Keller is equal a receiving threat...maybe even better. Just something to look out for.

But I have a some questions...not trying to be an jerk....they're just legit questions:

A) After holding the Patriots to 80 yards of total offense in the 2nd half, why do you think the Dolphins will do better offensively vs the Jets?

B) The Dolphins defense has been outstanding so far. But is it a case of the unit playing well - or - the lack of offensive firepower from the two teams you've played? Bills are a moribund offensive team, while the Vikes are missing their best wideout .

C) It seems at times you guys were trying to give the game back to the Vikings with two fumbles tonight. Is ball security an issue for you guys?

D) Jets have shut down the Ravens & Patriot running attacks. 49 yards for the Ravens & 52 for the Pats. The last time the Jets & Dolphins played...the Jets shut down the wildcat offense. My question: Which are we more likely to see next Sunday...Conventional or Wildcat offense?

E) If the Jets take Brandon Marshall out of the game somehow...what other receiving threats should the Jets worry about? Reason I ask is because it is well known teams who pass the ball well against the Jets have multiple receiving threats. Who else should the Jets/Jets fans fear?

F) Last one: This is your home opener: Will the excitement of that cause the Dolphins to play reckless/over-excited/undisciplined?

GO JETS!

6 First downs dude....6 First downs....LOL all valid but biased, you fail to mention any of the Jets short-comings. I can create a list just as convincing.

GO JETS!

A) It's going to be tough. I expect it to be smash mouth football trying to run the ball down each others throats.

B) Bills offense obviously isn't good, but they do have a good running game which we were able to completely shut down. Vikings are hurting without Rice, but they still have a very good offense with AP, Harvin, Shiancoe, and a very solid O-Line. The biggest problem is Favre, who just seems uninterested. I expect the Vikings to announce they traded for Vincent Jackson very soon though.

C) Ricky has always had a bit of a fumbling problem. Ronnie has been one of the least fumbling backs in the league throughout his career so not sure what that was all about. I wouldn't say this team has a ball security issue though.

D) Conventional. Our O-Line had no problems opening up holes against, imo, the best best front 7 in the league. I do expect us to run the Wildcat though. How many times will depend on the success we have with it I suppose.

E) Hartline is a playmaker. His problem throughout preseason and week 1 has been a bad case of the drops. Had no problems with catching the ball against the Vikes and had a TD also. Devonne Bess is one of the best slot WR's in the league. 2nd in the league last year in 3rd down receptions. He just knows how to get open, very reliable hands, and can pick up some YAC. Fasano can be a threat. He was very good for us in 2008, disappeared last year, great showing week 1, disappeared today. So who knows with him. Also, Ronnie and Ricky are very good receivers out of the backfield.

F) I sure hope not... But Sparano does a great job preparing his team and keeping them disciplined so I would say no.

As for Shiancoe and Keller. Shiancoe did make some plays in the 2nd quarter, but for the most part we kept him in check. Shutting him down is going to be key. Seems to be Sanchez's go to guy.

Back
Top Bottom