****Joe Burrow Super Thread**** | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Joe Burrow Super Thread****

You were on a roll until this. ;)

He was certainly unlucky to be saddled with this franchise and Joe Philbin/Jeff Ireland. Look at the 2012-2014 drafts.

Couldn’t fathom rooting for a guy more than RT.....except Joe Burrow.

RT’s not elite, just always better than anyone gave him credit for.

Last edited:
Since I was 6, so about 34 years, not old enough to have ever watched my team play in a super bowl. If another 34 years pass I might change my tune but I’m a homer4life.

Strong believer in things I can control. Strong believer......in believing.

Bad Luck was the Kansas City Chiefs for 50 years.

Bad Luck was the Golden State Warriors.

We weren’t unlucky to miss out on Drew Brees twice, Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson.

The Cleveland Browns chose to pass on Carson Wentz, Patrick Mahomes and Desean Watson.

The Eagles were unlucky, until they no longer were.

Are the Colts lucky, unlucky or just Luck-less?

Ryan Tannehill was unlucky to be drafted by the Miami Dolphins though.

I'm telling you, dude. There's an aura around our beloved team. Ever since Marino and Shula were shoved out things just always feel uneasy. I don't know about you but I'm always looking over my shoulder, always waiting for the other shoe to drop, always waiting to exhale.

Things are not even unbelievable anymore with us. It's not an I can't believe such and such happened. It's, of course it happened.

I'm telling you fellow brother in arms, the juju is real.

Franchises don’t get setback, they continue to fail. Washington and Kansas City both decided to trade for Alex Smith. One continued to fail the other just won a super bowl.

You can trade 5,18, 56 and Houston’s first next year and still have a better than average allotment of picks over the next two years.

60:6.....do it.

In the last 20 years the only team that traded up for their QB and won a Super Bowl with said QB was the Chiefs. That is literally the only time it worked out for the team trading up. I guess you could count the Eli Manning forced trade, so 3/20 Super Bowls have been won by QBs teams traded up for in the 1st. If you look at the history of the NFL aggressive trade ups for QBs fail 4-5 times more than they work.

In the last 20 years the only team that traded up for their QB and won a Super Bowl with said QB was the Chiefs. That is literally the only time it worked out for the team trading up. I guess you could count the Eli Manning forced trade, so 3/20 Super Bowls have been won by QBs teams traded up for in the 1st. If you look at the history of the NFL aggressive trade ups for QBs fail 4-5 times more than they work.
Virtually every method of procuring a QB fails substantially more than it works, but I agree. Trading up is a bad idea. Picks are lotto tickets, the best way to improve your odds of winning big is to have as many as possible.

And no one in the history of college football was as good as Joe Burrow in 2019.

If we draft burrow he will increase the average age of the team lol

This guy is the definition of fool's gold...couldn't be an easier no from me

And no one in the history of college football was as good as Joe Burrow in 2019.

He was projected as an UDFA to late day 3 pick coming into this year. Yes, he had a historic 5th year season at LSU. I simply don’t see how that translates into guaranteed NFL success. More often than not one year wonder QBs fail spectacularly at the NFL level. Tua’s injury is the only reason he is the number 1 pick. If he (Tua) had played the season out healthy, regardless of what LSU did, he would be drafted 1st by the Bengals. My point in all of this is that Burrow really isn’t a prospect at the level of trading 3-4 1st round picks for when Tua or Herbert will be available at 5 and our team has gaping holes on the roster still. We aren’t one pick away from a SB win. Trust the process and build a winning team through smart drafting.

And to me personally that doesn’t mean all that much. The previous best season statistically was Colt Brennan who am did jack squat in the NFL. And before that it was Ty Detmer who didn’t do anything of note in the NFL.

And to me personally that doesn’t mean all that much. The previous best season statistically was Colt Brennan who am did jack squat in the NFL. And before that it was Ty Detmer who didn’t do anything of note in the NFL.

Their stats didn’t equate to dominating the SEC and the defending the national champions, did it?

Let me know....

He was projected as an UDFA to late day 3 pick coming into this year. Yes, he had a historic 5th year season at LSU. I simply don’t see how that translates into guaranteed NFL success. More often than not one year wonder QBs fail spectacularly at the NFL level. Tua’s injury is the only reason he is the number 1 pick. If he (Tua) had played the season out healthy, regardless of what LSU did, he would be drafted 1st by the Bengals. My point in all of this is that Burrow really isn’t a prospect at the level of trading 3-4 1st round picks for when Tua or Herbert will be available at 5 and our team has gaping holes on the roster still. We aren’t one pick away from a SB win. Trust the process and build a winning team through smart drafting.

Is he a one year wonder though?

It appears he went from good to great. Not from bad to great. His only mistake was playing for Urban Meyer, where he had some success too.

I trust the process, I’m a diehard Sixers fan, so you better believe I trust the process.

I also trust greatness.

This kid never let up. Asss out and all.

Is he a one year wonder though?

It appears he went from good to great. Not from bad to great. His only mistake was playing for Urban Meyer, where he had some success too.

I trust the process, I’m a diehard Sixers fan, so you better believe I trust the process.

I also trust greatness.

This kid never let up. Asss out and all.

I have nothing against Burrow as a player or person. I just think people mistake him for a phenomenal prospect when he is really a phenomenal story. He goes from over looked QB to transferring to LSU to breaking NCAA records to the 1st overall pick. The fitting end to that story would be him lighting up the NFL and being the next super star. I think that if the Bengals really believe he is the next super star QB there isn’t a trade a team could offer that they would take. There wasn’t a trade a team could offer that would move Indy in 2012 (regardless of how the Luck pick worked out long term).

But it's hard not to be impressed when you actually watch Burrow play the games....

Back
Top Bottom