****Joe Burrow Super Thread**** | Page 36 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Joe Burrow Super Thread****

Virtually every method of procuring a QB fails substantially more than it works, but I agree. Trading up is a bad idea. Picks are lotto tickets, the best way to improve your odds of winning big is to have as many as possible.
I think Grier sees it the same way.

Virtually every method of procuring a QB fails substantially more than it works, but I agree. Trading up is a bad idea. Picks are lotto tickets, the best way to improve your odds of winning big is to have as many as possible.
This is faulty logic because not every draft pick is the same chance at success. It's not a lotto ticket.

I don't like the "lotto ticket" mentality, there's a reason why teams have scouts to make sure they're the best fit for the team and not going blindly into the draft,

He was projected as an UDFA to late day 3 pick coming into this year. Yes, he had a historic 5th year season at LSU. I simply don’t see how that translates into guaranteed NFL success. More often than not one year wonder QBs fail spectacularly at the NFL level. Tua’s injury is the only reason he is the number 1 pick. If he (Tua) had played the season out healthy, regardless of what LSU did, he would be drafted 1st by the Bengals. My point in all of this is that Burrow really isn’t a prospect at the level of trading 3-4 1st round picks for when Tua or Herbert will be available at 5 and our team has gaping holes on the roster still. We aren’t one pick away from a SB win. Trust the process and build a winning team through smart drafting.
I must be a damn genius then. I was hoping for Burrow in the first when the season was only a few weeks old. (granted, this was right after the Fitzpatrick trade, and I was thinking Miami could take Young with the 1st pick and then trade up to take Burrow)

You are so full of it. Link something credible that projected Burrow to be undrafted before last season.

Here's something that belies your claim: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...anking-top-college-qb-prospects-entering-2019

(In case you don't want to click the link, Jeremiah had him as the 6th best QB after his first season on an entirely different team.)

Analysis: I haven't spent much time studying Burrow yet, but he did flash some when studying LSU's other offensive players last fall. I was told he's an excellent athlete but his athleticism didn't really stand out to me when I studied LSU. He'll have plenty of opportunities to impress evaluators with the schedule LSU will face this season.

Exec's take: "Burrow is interesting. He's very competitive. This is a big year for him. I think he's better than most people think. He could be a fast riser."

Last edited:
It's still all mental warfare. The Lions want nus to trade up to get Tua... in order to increase their demands they need other teams like the Chargers to get in a bidding war with Miami. Miami wants to get the price with Detroit down... in orderto decrease the Lions demands they need to send the message that the Lions are not the only trade option in town and Miami could just do a deal with Washington or even Cincinatti.

In case you don't want to click the link, Jeremiah had him as the 6th best QB after his first season on an entirely different team.
To be fair, the 6th QB taken in 2019 was in the 4th round, 2018 -> 3rd round, 2017 -> 3rd round, 2016 -> 3rd round, 2015 -> 5th round, 2014 -> 4th round...

UDFA might have been an overexageration, but Burrow was still being prejected between a 3rd-5th round player acording to your link... This is absolutely relevant as to how much of a fluke season it could be...

Nick Foles did have a 27 TDs 2 INTs at some point... Fluke.

Last edited:
I must be a damn genius then. I was hoping for Burrow in the first when the season was only a few weeks old. (granted, this was right after the Fitzpatrick trade, and I was thinking Miami could take Young with the 1st pick and then trade up to take Burrow)

You are so full of it. Link something credible that projected Burrow to be undrafted before last season.

Here's something that belies your claim: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...anking-top-college-qb-prospects-entering-2019

(In case you don't want to click the link, Jeremiah had him as the 6th best QB after his first season on an entirely different team.)

Analysis: I haven't spent much time studying Burrow yet, but he did flash some when studying LSU's other offensive players last fall. I was told he's an excellent athlete but his athleticism didn't really stand out to me when I studied LSU. He'll have plenty of opportunities to impress evaluators with the schedule LSU will face this season.

Exec's take: "Burrow is interesting. He's very competitive. This is a big year for him. I think he's better than most people think. He could be a fast riser."

He started all of one season, as a senior, and threw for 2900 yards, 16 TDs with a 57.8% completion percentage. A basic search could tell you most sites rated him as a late day 2 to UDFA prospect if he came out in 2019. One article on NFL.com doesn’t change the fact that he wasn’t viewed as an elite NFL prospect until this season. Even the article you quoted viewed him as a 3rd-5th round prospect which is still late day 2 to day 3.

He started all of one season, as a senior, and threw for 2900 yards, 16 TDs with a 57.8% completion percentage. A basic search could tell you most sites rated him as a late day 2 to UDFA prospect if he came out in 2019. One article on NFL.com doesn’t change the fact that he wasn’t viewed as an elite NFL prospect until this season. Even the article you quoted viewed him as a 3rd-5th round prospect which is still late day 2 to day 3.
You're going to need to tell me what to google then. I couldn't find anything with Burrow and UDFA in it.

I never understood the posters who try to prove everyone wrong and try to be the 1st for any news or wanting a certain player related to a sports team. It's not that serious.

You're going to need to tell me what to google then. I couldn't find anything with Burrow and UDFA in it.
Day 3 at best: https://www.nfldraftgeek.com/joe-burrow-nfl-draft-summer-preview/
Day 3 possibly: https://nflspinzone.com/2019/06/25/minnesota-vikings-quarterback-targets-2020-nfl-draft/4/
Day 3: https://www.rotoworld.com/article/rankings/2020-nfl-draft-stock-quarterbacks

That's a quick Google search, so I don't know if this is some sort of "ah HAH! TOLD YOU SO" moment or what.

The fact remains that Burrow was mentioned as a backup at best by a lot of prognosticators, but I guess you can dig deep to find some articles to the contrary to keep your confirmation bias at bay.

I think you are willfully missing my point. Any player who could be a day 3 pick, could also end up sliding to an UDFA. Look no further than Tyree Jackson from Buffalo last year. He got all this hype after the combine (with 3-5th round projections) and he ended up going to the Bills as an UDFA. Now he is a QB in the XFL. The point was Burrow was viewed as a back up, developmental QB at the NFL level until this past season.

Day 3 at best: https://www.nfldraftgeek.com/joe-burrow-nfl-draft-summer-preview/
Day 3 possibly: https://nflspinzone.com/2019/06/25/minnesota-vikings-quarterback-targets-2020-nfl-draft/4/
Day 3: https://www.rotoworld.com/article/rankings/2020-nfl-draft-stock-quarterbacks

That's a quick Google search, so I don't know if this is some sort of "ah HAH! TOLD YOU SO" moment or what.

The fact remains that Burrow was mentioned as a backup at best by a lot of prognosticators, but I guess you can dig deep to find some articles to the contrary to keep your confirmation bias at bay.
I tried to google "burrow udfa" and got nothing. I googled "top college qbs headed into 2019 season," and the first link was Daniel Jeremiah's list on NFL.com, which I posted. dig deep...

Why did I click on "show ignored content?"

Last edited:
I tried to google "burrow udfa" and got nothing. I googled "top college qbs headed into 2019 season," and the first link was Daniel Jeremiah's list on NFL.com, which I posted. dig deep...
Do you think that him being projected in the 3rd round by most sources is a big difference beyond undrafted free agent?

You don't see how pointless that is?

Guys we are all on the same team here!!! I don't care who the Dolphins draft. Burrow, Tua, Herbert, Love, Hurts or anyone else. I am going to buy in 100000% and hope he leads us to many Super Bowls.

Too many on here want to be keyboard GMs and say I liked him or I told you about him.

He threw 16 TDS vs only 5 interceptions with a 133 QBR going 10-3 with AP ranking LSU #6 in the nation. That's certainly not nothing in general but especially considering he came in with no familiarity with the system!!

Burrow was also Ohio high school player of the year so it's not like he came out of nowhere!

Back
Top Bottom