****Joe Burrow Super Thread**** | Page 38 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Joe Burrow Super Thread****

Just come out and say what it is you're trying to say. What agenda do I supposedly have?
You are a Joe Burrow fan, it’s cool. All that anyone is trying to tell you is that he is kind of a one year wonder, and people have used different wordings. So you find one article from NFL.com and that is fine. But the issue arises when someone else posts multiple things backing what they said and your retort is basically your fingers in your ears refusing to listen to anything other than the gospel that is propping up joe b

You apparently aren’t open to other possibilities

You are a Joe Burrow fan, it’s cool. All that anyone is trying to tell you is that he is kind of a one year wonder, and people have used different wordings. So you find one article from NFL.com and that is fine. But the issue arises when someone else posts multiple things backing what they said and your retort is basically your fingers in your ears refusing to listen to anything other than the gospel that is propping up joe b

You apparently aren’t open to other possibilities
So I guess you're saying my agenda is to state that Burrow is a good QB? Okay, I guess...

One guy said he was projected as an UDFA after one season at LSU.
I tried to google "burrow udfa" and got nothing. I googled "top college qbs headed into 2019 season," and the first link was Daniel Jeremiah's list on NFL.com, which I posted.
Then some guy said I had to "dig deep" to find something that belies that claim and posted some links to some sites, of which I've never heard, that seem to have predicted Burrow would only be a day 3 pick.

I don't bother going to any of the "off sites" people post on here. rotorworld, footballgeek, etc? Nah. I stick to NFL.com, with a very rare visit to ESPN... very rare. I also don't watch those videos people post; I really wish they'd add a synopsis to those posts.

Also, I wouldn't call myself a Joe Burrow fan. He's the QB I've wanted Miami to draft for several months, but I'm not a fan. After Cincinnati drafts him, he's just another QB. I'll be a fan of whichever QB Miami drafts, if any, just like I've been for Rosen, Henne, Beck, etc.

As far as the sticking my fingers in my ears stuff goes, c'mon. Grow up.

Last edited:
If Dolphins feel Burrow is the elite QB, go get him. I say that about any of these QBs. No one will care what we gave up. Make the trade.

I personally want Tua. I'm fine with the injury history. He has elite accuracy and makes us instantly nationally relevant.

If Dolphins feel Burrow is the elite QB, go get him. I say that about any of these QBs. No one will care what we gave up. Make the trade.

I personally want Tua. I'm fine with the injury history. He has elite accuracy and makes us instantly nationally relevant.
No, it does matter what's given up. I think Burrow is the best QB, but by how much, I can't be sure, and there's always a chance he could be a bust. I think they'll have to say, "Hmm. Do we want Burrow or Herbert, x player and x player and x player instead."

Don't think the Bengals are going to accept any trade
they need a QB badly like we do

Don't think the Bengals are going to accept any trade
they need a QB badly like we do
True and you know what they probably should accept a trade as it will land them multiple picks and they could still draft a QB early.

But I don’t think they will budge.

No, it does matter what's given up. I think Burrow is the best QB, but by how much, I can't be sure, and there's always a chance he could be a bust. I think they'll have to say, "Hmm. Do we want Burrow or Herbert, x player and x player and x player instead."

I used to think like that. In the early days, I thought the Chargers won the Eli trade & Giants were idiots for trading Rivers plus picks like Merriman for Manning. But no one cares about that now. Manning put two Lombardi's in the trophy case. There's no argument who won the trade now.

Burrow is talented no doubt but his best skills are his intangibles and leadership. Which is a great thing, guys will follow him and play for him which is half the battle when playing the QB position. Miami is a better spot for him then Cincy, better weather only a few cold weather games a year. No Baltimore, Steelers fronts to face, an AFC east with a Bradyless NE team, mediocre Jets team and a Bills who are good not great.

I still think he is QB3 overall, I know the accolades and season he had, and people will say his line was not elite. But the C will be a late 1st early 2nd, and I believe others wil be drafted in that range as well. 2 first round receivers including the best in next years class in Chase. A NFL RB and NFL TE. Not like he didnt have crazy weapons as well, I see him as Tony Romo, btw whom was very good. He will win games might have a run deep into the playoffs but wont be able to overcome dysfunction or bad games from his skill players or elite teams when he is outmanned. He is not Brady or Montana and I truly believe in any sport guys should be off limits as far as comps, I have no issue with people being compared once they succeed and guys like Montana and Brady being the gold standard but Joe is 24 year old rookie lets be realistic. You dont compare high school baseball players to Greg Maddux, Sandy Kofax and Barry Bonds. So lets not compare 21-23 year old OBs to the greatest and most successful guys off the bat.

Burrow is QB3 because I think Tua's skillset is very hard to come by with his accuracy on all three levels, his lightning fast processing, ability move defenders with his eyes and body alone with his ability to command a room etc, if he goes to a committed to winning franchise then he could be Wilson or Brees. And Herbert has all the tools and I believe if nurtured he is going to be very successful possibly a guy like Flacco who goes to the playoffs a ton and maybe catches a run.

Not saying Burrow wont find success and win a bunch of games, he just isnt enough by himself to overcome all odds. If Miami takes him I will support and likely get a Burrow jersey so I have no agenda just wish to share my thoughts of him having the lowest ceiling of the top 3 guys.

Burrow is talented no doubt but his best skills are his intangibles and leadership. Which is a great thing, guys will follow him and play for him which is half the battle when playing the QB position. Miami is a better spot for him then Cincy, better weather only a few cold weather games a year. No Baltimore, Steelers fronts to face, an AFC east with a Bradyless NE team, mediocre Jets team and a Bills who are good not great.

I still think he is QB3 overall, I know the accolades and season he had, and people will say his line was not elite. But the C will be a late 1st early 2nd, and I believe others wil be drafted in that range as well. 2 first round receivers including the best in next years class in Chase. A NFL RB and NFL TE. Not like he didnt have crazy weapons as well, I see him as Tony Romo, btw whom was very good. He will win games might have a run deep into the playoffs but wont be able to overcome dysfunction or bad games from his skill players or elite teams when he is outmanned. He is not Brady or Montana and I truly believe in any sport guys should be off limits as far as comps, I have no issue with people being compared once they succeed and guys like Montana and Brady being the gold standard but Joe is 24 year old rookie lets be realistic. You dont compare high school baseball players to Greg Maddux, Sandy Kofax and Barry Bonds. So lets not compare 21-23 year old OBs to the greatest and most successful guys off the bat.

Burrow is QB3 because I think Tua's skillset is very hard to come by with his accuracy on all three levels, his lightning fast processing, ability move defenders with his eyes and body alone with his ability to command a room etc, if he goes to a committed to winning franchise then he could be Wilson or Brees. And Herbert has all the tools and I believe if nurtured he is going to be very successful possibly a guy like Flacco who goes to the playoffs a ton and maybe catches a run.

Not saying Burrow wont find success and win a bunch of games, he just isnt enough by himself to overcome all odds. If Miami takes him I will support and likely get a Burrow jersey so I have no agenda just wish to share my thoughts of him having the lowest ceiling of the top 3 guys.

Obviously it’s all speculation at this point but Bama was no slouch with weapons that out shown LSU’s with Jeudy, Smith, Ruggs, Najee Harris and an OL that featured two guys rated higher than any lineman that LSU had. I never heard of LSU’s weapons until Burrow was unleashed. I would take either but I don‘t see anything Tua does that Burrow can’t. One thing about Tua that has been criticized is that he climbs in the pocket too much to allow linemen to get to him. Something to monitor. If you want him to have a chance at a long career.
Also Burrow went into his house and took care of business. People can say Tua had a nice game but quite frankly he padded stats after LSU was in control. I have also seen Tua look very average against the best teams they played. Burrow tore through the same defenses including Clemson.

As far as the sticking my fingers in my ears stuff goes, c'mon. Grow up.
.....it's exactly what you said youre doing:

Nah, I didn't even check them. I saw they were from some minor sites of which I've never heard. I mainly stick to NFL.com.
So if you only visit NFL and sometimes ESPN, they are the gospel and everyone else's opinions are invalid?? Just trying to wrap my head around this. Kamelion found those other sources and found burrow in them as a day 3 pick... yet you just throw it to the side. Cmon man.

Burrow is a good qb. Really good. But open your damn eyes a little bit here, he is a bit of a one year wonder who shot up the draft boards in a single season

No rookie QB makes us or any team instantly relevant. Everyone knows that no rookie QB has ever Won a SB therefore not relevant. Plus, Tua will be holding a clipboard for a year.

Head to head in a QB skills competition, who wins? I'm going Tua. Throw in scrambling also, and it's Tua. Team leader is a toss up but I'm leaning Tua.
Cincy could be baiting people til draft day. THEY take Tua after another team moves up for Burrow and get a crapload of picks.
Gotta trust Grier, so far ths off season, hes the man.

.....it's exactly what you said youre doing:

So if you only visit NFL and sometimes ESPN, they are the gospel and everyone else's opinions are invalid?? Just trying to wrap my head around this. Kamelion found those other sources and found burrow in them as a day 3 pick... yet you just throw it to the side. Cmon man.

Burrow is a good qb. Really good. But open your damn eyes a little bit here, he is a bit of a one year wonder who shot up the draft boards in a single season

Travis34, I beg to differ. It is you that is clinging to the false narrative. Joe Burrow arrived on campus at LSU right before Fall camp 2018. He had no time to prepare or work with his teammates, had to learn a new playbook on the fly and led LSU to a 10-3 record and #6 ranking. He averaged 325 yards passing and 3 TDS per game the final three games of the season. You could easily see Burrow was going to be very good in 2019.

What those websites show is that there are a lot of people who don’t know much about evaluating QBs. Many others that create false narratives like ‘one year wonder’ to suit their opinion or support for other players. Burrow started the same number of seasons as Tua and had nowhere near the OL Tua played behind. Despite that fact he outperformed him and got up from the numerous shots he took every week. Burrow never missed a practice or a game and started more games than Tua.

I’m not fan of the comparisons either because each situation and surrounding talent and schemes are very different, but the comparisons to Brady and Wilson are lazy. The two most comparable players to Burrow and Tua IMHO are Jim Kelly for Burrow and Mark Brunelll for Tua. I think the ceiling and more importantly, the floor, are higher for Burrow.

I used to think like that. In the early days, I thought the Chargers won the Eli trade & Giants were idiots for trading Rivers plus picks like Merriman for Manning. But no one cares about that now. Manning put two Lombardi's in the trophy case. There's no argument who won the trade now.

Did Manning really put those trophies in that case or was it a shrewd front office that put together a ferocious front four that could get after guys like Brady or better coaching with Coughlin? I think Rivers could have done just as well in NY. The fact that Manning has as many SB’s as his brother is funny to me. They are not close in ability.

Back
Top Bottom