****Joe Burrow Super Thread**** | Page 46 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Joe Burrow Super Thread****

tua has better footwork, better ability to manipulate and read defensive coverages, better ball placement, and a slightly stronger arm

those are the ones i can think of pretty quickly...

now, this isn't to say that there aren't things Burrow can do better...i mean the way he scrambles around in & out the pocket is one of a kind

Again, I wouldn't say that Tua is exceptionally better than Burrow in any of those areas. You can make a case that both are very good at reading defense, ball placement and anticipation.

Only Mike Brown can make a blunder this big by trading out of number one for a QB who may not be the most talented in the class is by far the best fit for your organization. And he’s so odd I don’t think it would take as much to move up because in my opinion he’ll be either on the incredibly high end of the spectrum and it’ll be a clear no or really low where Chris Grier ask if he’s ****ing with him.

Joe Burrow Says He Wants to Be Drafted by a Good Team: 'I'm Not a Loser'
SCOTT POLACEKAPRIL 10, 2020195

LSU quarterback Joe Burrow holds the Heisman Trophy that is being presented to the school during a celebration of their NCAA college football championship, Saturday, Jan. 18, 2020, on the LSU campus in Baton Rouge, La. (AP Photo/Gerald Herbert)

Gerald Herbert/Associated Press
Joe Burrow is used to winning at every level, and he isn't looking for that to change in the NFL.
The reigning Heisman Trophy winner appeared on The Big Podcast with Shaquille O'Neal (h/t Bobby Nightengale of the Cincinnati Enquirer) and said he wants to go to a "good organization" and will make sure whichever team drafts him will be a winner because he's "not a loser":
"I just want to get drafted to a good team, good organization that is going to maximize my talents. I've won everywhere that I've been. I've never had a losing season in sports from the moment I was 5 years old. I'm not a loser. I just want to go somewhere where I can win.

"Teams are picking at the top for a reason. And I feel like, like I said before, I've won everywhere that I've ever been. I feel like if anybody can do it, I can do it."

That Burrow wants to go to a "good organization" is somewhat notable considering he is widely expected to end up on the Cincinnati Bengals.
Cincinnati has the No. 1 overall pick of the 2020 NFL draft and is looking for its first playoff victory since the 1990 campaign, which was well before the 23-year-old Burrow was born. That doesn't exactly sound like a winning franchise, especially since it is coming off a 2-14 effort in 2019 for its fourth straight losing season.
While Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald reported the Miami Dolphins will try to trade up for the No. 1 pick, they aren't much better off than Cincinnati. They've been to the playoffs a mere three times since their last postseason win, which came back in the 2000 campaign.
A narrative that Burrow, an Ohio native, may not want to play in Cincinnati emerged early in the pre-draft process, but his parents shot down such a suggestion.
He also sounded plenty confident that he can turn around any struggling franchise, be it Cincinnati, Miami or someone else.
He certainly had no problem taking control of the LSU Tigers after transferring from Ohio State and led them to the College Football Playoff national title last season behind a head-turning 5,671 passing yards and 60 touchdown throws.
All he has ever done is win, but doing so in the NFL will likely be his biggest challenge yet.

Well then.

That gentleman does not have a history of making **** up.

If something like that were true almost feel like the Bengals have no leverage to demand a certain haul. Would be interesting for sure.

Last edited:
I think Burrow would be the great fit with Miami and take away all of the risks and potential errors in past QB judgement out of their hands and limits fanbase backlash similar to Ted Ginn. Phins will pay big. % high draft picks (at least 3 number 1s and number 2) OR 3 number 1s and Howard CB.

If he doesn't want to play for them or be drafted by the Bengals, why in hell would the fins give anything but two picks for him. #5 and #26 only. If they want more, tell them to find a better deal. We need a team, not one player

Back
Top Bottom