****Joe Burrow Super Thread**** | Page 47 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Joe Burrow Super Thread****

If he doesn't want to play for them or be drafted by the Bengals, why in hell would the fins give anything but two picks for him. #5 and #26 only. If they want more, tell them to find a better deal. We need a team, not one player

I totally agree if he out right says it the Bengals have absolutely no leverage to demand a certain haul.

I think Burrow would be the great fit with Miami and take away all of the risks and potential errors in past QB judgement out of their hands and limits fanbase backlash similar to Ted Ginn. Phins will pay big. % high draft picks (at least 3 number 1s and number 2) OR 3 number 1s and Howard CB.

no way man. You’re undervaluing trading picks that same year. The reason why teams get huge hauls for picks is usually cause they are at later years. When you have to wait a year or two to use them. Having those picks available to use that current year a highly more valuable then waiting years to make the picks. Trading 3 #1 picks to move up 4 spots might be the steepest trade a team has made in nfl history. I’m on the opposite side, 5,18 and our 2nd all this year is more than enough value maybe throw in a 3rd for shits and giggles. Anything more than that is overkill. 3 1st would be bad however if it getsus a franchise which and it works out then it’s whatever however asking more than 3 1st is just crazy.

Of course he said. No QB should ever want to go there.

If im miami, dont bother offering the bengals anything now. Let him fall to us.

Even if true,

Cincy I still gonna take a QB at 1. They aren’t gonna trade themselves out of a QB

Brooks: Burrow's success was 'inflated' by system at LSU

“Last season, we saw him dominate in college football,” Brooks said. “But Joe Brady was the guy that orchestrated the passing game. … If Joe Brady isn’t around, how is Joe Burrow going to play? I think when you’re doing the full evaluation, you have to examine the entire body of work. I’m just worried about Joe Burrow’s play being kind of inflated by the system he played in at LSU. Can he replicate that in the National Football League without his offensive play-caller?”

Brooks’ colleague Daniel Jeremiah refuted his point, only rating his concern level at a four out of ten.

“Well I think (the system) it’s a big part of it,” Jeremiah said. “But I think if you’re an NFL team you’re going to put a player in a position to be successful in a proper scheme. They got more guys out into the route, he was able to display that vision and accuracy and decision making, and he excelled.”

https://apple.news/AvsH27MQDRNaCME7arjlQcQ

Joe Burrow Rumors: Latest Buzz on Dolphins Interest, Bengals QB Preference

There's some buzz coming out of Paul Brown Stadium that Joe Burrow may not be the consensus top pick among the staff in the Cincinnati Bengals front office.

While the LSU quarterback has sat atop draft boards since late November, Peter King of NBC Sports recently noted that not everyone in Cincy is sold—and there's another worthwhile option at quarterback should the team look to trade the first overall pick before the draft kicks off April 23.

"I've heard there are some inside the Bengals who are true believers in [Justin] Herbert," King wrote. "If so, such a deal could be intelligent for Cincinnati. But we'll see how it goes. Burrow has the toughness and ability and mental acuity to be a very good long-term quarterback."

Last edited:
Why would he tell the Bengals he doesn't want to play for them? We haven't proven that we are that much better than the Bengals that we are worth Burrow throwing away $6 million to go from one top 5 drafter to another.

Joe Burrow Rumors: Latest Buzz on Dolphins Interest, Bengals QB Preference

There's some buzz coming out of Paul Brown Stadium that Joe Burrow may not be the consensus top pick among the staff in the Cincinnati Bengals front office.

While the LSU quarterback has sat atop draft boards since late November, Peter King of NBC Sports recently noted that not everyone in Cincy is sold—and there's another worthwhile option at quarterback should the team look to trade the first overall pick before the draft kicks off April 23.

"I've heard there are some inside the Bengals who are true believers in [Justin] Herbert," King wrote. "If so, such a deal could be intelligent for Cincinnati. But we'll see how it goes. Burrow has the toughness and ability and mental acuity to be a very good long-term quarterback."

That would be a bad situation for Herbert. Herbert and Jordan Love probably need to go to the right situation the most from this draft.

I'm looking forward to the Bengals drafting Burrow and seeing just how good he is without all that talent he had at LSU.
I can maybe buy the argument that Joe Brady was the difference maker for Burrow, but I think the talent level is a bad argument.

The Bengals, for all their faults, have a pretty damn stacked team offensively. I find it hard to believe he would see any drop-off throwing to guys like AJ Green and Tyler Boyd and John Ross.

I'm looking forward to the Bengals drafting Burrow and seeing just how good he is without all that talent he had at LSU.
yeah alabama really held tua back. for him it's kind of the opposite. he'll be going from playing with all those trash draft picks like josh jacobs and irv smith and jerry jeudy and henry ruggs and smith and waddle and 1st round tackles to playing on an nfl team with actual talent. it's definitely burrow that we need to see can he play without his star-studded cast, not tua.

yeah alabama really held tua back. for him it's kind of the opposite. he'll be going from playing with all those trash draft picks like josh jacobs and irv smith and jerry jeudy and henry ruggs and smith and waddle and 1st round tackles to playing on an nfl team with actual talent. it's definitely burrow that we need to see can he play without his star-studded cast, not tua.
I actually like Burrow, but Tua is humble whereas Burrow talks like he's the head **** in a hen house. I like seeing those guys challenged.

And if you think Burrow lacked elite talent around him along with Joe Brady's impact then you must not have been watching.

Besides slim chance he's going to be wearing a Dolphin uniform so I don't really give a **** about him.

If somehow he does end up in a Dolphin uniform I'll be on board with Burrow and hope his play continues to match his ego.

Last edited:

I feel the same about Tua without two potential NFL 1st rounders at the tackle spot, two 1st round WRs, a running back who will be drafted within the first 2 rounds....

Come here and depend on Jesse Davis to watch his blindside so he can be chased down and have his hip totally destroyed this time.

I feel the same about Tua without two potential NFL 1st rounders at the tackle spot, two 1st round WRs, a running back who will be drafted within the first 2 rounds....

Come here and depend on Jesse Davis to watch his blindside so he can be chased down and have his hip totally destroyed this time.
Blah, blah, blah... Doctor's are saying his hip is strong and extremely low chance of getting injured.

Classy of you to wish him injured.

Like I said, I would support either one of those two.

I'm not denying Tua had talent around him. They both did.

If you don't see the talent Tua has independent of the talent he had around him, then you're either blind or bias.

Back
Top Bottom