Kenny Stills: 'i Can't Throw The Ball To Myself' | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kenny Stills: 'i Can't Throw The Ball To Myself'

Very true Ken, but what you can do is actually catch it when it is thrown to you...that would help.
He's gotten 6 targets in 5 games. How many of those 6 did he drop?

Very true Ken, but what you can do is actually catch it when it is thrown to you...that would help.

He’s dropped 2, which puts him at 49th most in the league...tied with about 80 other players.

So, you know, he’s basically Jerry Rice.

Look on the bright side Kenny, at least you're not getting those screens that are well covered before the ball is even thrown, with 0 blockers on that side of the field.

I honestly think hes perfectly justified to speak up a bit here, its been lousy for him and the team is losing consistently.

Stills has the catch radius of a wet hamster. You literally have to put it right on him for him to have a chance at making the catch, coupled with the fact he can't create any separation on his own unless its straight line speed. How many drops do we need to see from this trash player and now ridiculous cry baby comments on twitter? Never should have paid him, at least Landry could have created on his own.

Last edited by a moderator:
His 54% catch pct. is the second highest since he's been a Dolphin, which is also better than his 2016 season, when he was lauded as one of the best deep threats in the league that year.

Stills has the catch radius of a wet hamster. You literally have to put it right on him for him to have a chance at making the catch, coupled with the fact he can't create any separation on his own unless its straight line speed. How many drops do we need to see from this trash player and now ridiculous cry baby comments on twitter? Never should have paid him, at least Landry could have created on his own.

exc and true analysis. like parker he cant bust a move, just runs in a straight line and you have to plop the ball right in his hands, like parker.
Ds cant have enough parker like receivers.

I like Kenny Stills as a player and a person. He’s been nothing but a class act since he’s been here and he’s been a formidable player as well. And if he’s got issues with the QB I’d like the coaches to make sure that these issues go away.

Honestly, I think this is a shot at Gase and Tannehill. Gase draws up the plays and calls the offense and Tannehill has to execute on pass plays. Tannehill is Gase's guy, he's stuck by him through his inconsistencies and his injury's and it's costs us games.

Regarding DVP being underutilized.... all of our wide receivers have been underutilized. lol. We rarely have a WR have 4+ catches a game or go for over 100 yards in a game. I wasn't expecting Brock to do anything and Tannehill hasn't been healthy enough to build a real rapport with any of them. Everybody is frustrated, but all of this falls on Gase and the way he's ran this team. He has enough talent on this team to win games. His excuse in Cincy was "Tunsil" going out... I don't buy that. He wouldn't be dropping back and passing the ball if he felt like his backup couldn't handle it.... if you do end up throwing despite your feelings about protection you're an idiot. Tannehill made terrible plays in that game down the stretch that gave cincy that game. Indy, you're too conservative, you don't take shots and it ends up costing us the game. I'm just tired of the excuses. QUIT TELLING US ABOUT THE LABOR PAINS... JUST SHOW US THE DAMN BABY GASE!

He's gotten 6 targets in 5 games. How many of those 6 did he drop?

That's not accurate
Game #1... 5 targets
#2...............3 targets
#3...............5 targets
#4...............6 targets
#5...............5 targets
#6...............2 targets...Brock Osweiler
#7...............3 targets
#9...............1 target
#10.............3 targets
#12.............4 targets...Ryan Tannehill

Osweiler targeted Stills 9 times in 4 games