Kenny Stills: 'i Can't Throw The Ball To Myself' | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kenny Stills: 'i Can't Throw The Ball To Myself'

Isn't that symbolic of life in general?

People watch all sorts of professionals and say "Oh! I could do much better." I could be a "Better movie director, basketball player, politician, Engineer, Doctor, Lawyer, etc etc" Lol!

Clowns I tell you! Clowns!

Like I wrote in the post, I can't even begin to imagine what it takes to be a "starting" NFL QB.
The preparation involved, the bare minimum skill set needed AND the grueling studying you have to do before you even step onto the field.

It's laughable when you read "X,Y,Z" Qb sucks AND " Why didn't Tannehill see that deep route, forget that i was fortunate to see it, while sitting on my couch watching the all-22 in slow motion?"

Clowns I tell you! Nothing but clowns!

These elite QBs that everyone wants aren't out on the streets.
The truth is they are very rare players and extremely hard to find.
Most teams luck out on those type of guys.

I will remind you of this post next time you criticize anybody on the Dolphins roster (including OL).

Talented player player complaining. Will be traded or released in off season.

That's not accurate
Game #1... 5 targets
#2...............3 targets
#3...............5 targets
#4...............6 targets
#5...............5 targets
#6...............2 targets...Brock Osweiler
#7...............3 targets
#9...............1 target
#10.............3 targets
#12.............4 targets...Ryan Tannehill

Osweiler targeted Stills 9 times in 4 games
Tannehill targeted Stills 28 times in 6 games

Makes you say Hmmmmm?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/StilKe00.htm
Not a big deal, minor correction. Two of the targets in NE game were by Osweiler.

Stills has the catch radius of a wet hamster. You literally have to put it right on him for him to have a chance at making the catch, coupled with the fact he can't create any separation on his own unless its straight line speed. How many drops do we need to see from this trash player and now ridiculous cry baby comments on twitter? Never should have paid him, at least Landry could have created on his own.

You mean more than the 2 drops he's had all year, which is tied for 49th with a ton of other players? Sounds like he just has shitty QBs.

Isn't that symbolic of life in general?

People watch all sorts of professionals and say "Oh! I could do much better." I could be a "Better movie director, basketball player, politician, Engineer, Doctor, Lawyer, etc etc" Lol!

Clowns I tell you! Clowns!

Like I wrote in the post, I can't even begin to imagine what it takes to be a "starting" NFL QB.
The preparation involved, the bare minimum skill set needed AND the grueling studying you have to do before you even step onto the field.

It's laughable when you read "X,Y,Z" Qb sucks AND " Why didn't Tannehill see that deep route, forget that i was fortunate to see it, while sitting on my couch watching the all-22 in slow motion?"

Clowns I tell you! Nothing but clowns!

These elite QBs that everyone wants aren't out on the streets.
The truth is they are very rare players and extremely hard to find.
Most teams luck out on those type of guys.

Only a clown would think anybody says or believes that. You don't have to be able to play at a NFL QB level to be able to recognize that Tannehill isn't a good one. You don't have to be a politician to recognize bad ones. You don't have to be an engineer to recognize the FIU pedestrian overpass was poorly designed.

The premise that fans can't criticize players is idiotic.

This is probably more of a dig at Gase than the QBs (or equally so). Yes, Stills is getting open. But If it's not on a bubble screen on pass behind the line of scrimmage it doesn't matter. There are no passing plays over 5 yards in Gase's playbook. And maybe our qbs cant throw it past 5 yards anyway. Either way I can understand Still's frustration....we all feel it here too.

His 54% catch pct. is the second highest since he's been a Dolphin, which is also better than his 2016 season, when he was lauded as one of the best deep threats in the league that year.

My problem is not as an all around receiver, there is a reason Miami got him from the Saints, my problem is that he tends to drop passes at the worst time, like the Seattle game a few years ago where it would have won the game for Miami, or this past week, where he again missed a catchable pass that would have probably helped Miami win the game.

You are right that the make the catch reply to Still is a bit off the wall, but to me his timing on not being targeted enough was bad timing in a rare game where he again failed in a crucial time.

Only a clown would think anybody says or believes that. You don't have to be able to play at a NFL QB level to be able to recognize that Tannehill isn't a good one. You don't have to be a politician to recognize bad ones. You don't have to be an engineer to recognize the FIU pedestrian overpass was poorly designed.

The premise that fans can't criticize players is idiotic.

I think you've placed far too much faith in the everyday man's ability to assess.
Heck sticking with football and pointing out the flaw in your point something becomes painfully obvious:

If people are so good black/white at assessing then why are so many teams filled with bad draft picks?

My problem is not as an all around receiver, there is a reason Miami got him from the Saints, my problem is that he tends to drop passes at the worst time, like the Seattle game a few years ago where it would have won the game for Miami, or this past week, where he again missed a catchable pass that would have probably helped Miami win the game.

You are right that the make the catch reply to Still is a bit off the wall, but to me his timing on not being targeted enough was bad timing in a rare game where he again failed in a crucial time.
****ing two years ago in the first quarter of the first game? You got to be kidding me.

****ing two years ago in the first quarter of the first game? You got to be kidding me.

That was just an example, and as I said, my problem is more when he made that remark, then how inefficient he has been.

Wow!!! That's orginal, came up with that all by yourself?
I was not trying to impress you.

Stills' 54% catch percentage is not bad considering who he has throwing him the football. Perhaps you may not know that catch % correlates with the level of QB throwing the football. While in NO, Stills caught 64% and 75% of passes thrown his way. His ability to catch the football is not an issue.

Back
Top Bottom