Kyle Pitts is the key | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyle Pitts is the key

Who do you think we should draft at # 3?
Let see there will be at least 1 QB, 2 to 3 WR’s, 2 T, and a LB. Any one of them gives more bang for the buck. Know if you asked if we move down to the Panthers pick or 49ers pick and took him great. I could even like the idea of moving up from 18 to 10 with Dallas if we get a extra second this year.

I would like to see them draft Smith or Chase at 3 and then trade their 18th and 36th pick to move up and draft Pitts. An offense with Smith or Chase,
Parker, Pitts, Gesicki, and one of the top free agent WR’s would instantly make the Dolphins offense as potent as any offense in the NFL.
They could also draft Williams at RB if he is still on the board when they pick at 50. If not, there are still several upgrades they should be able to add at RB
in the second or third round.

Yup that is what is going to turn this team into a superbowl winner. A tight end who supposedly doesn't even block that well. Championship!

How about we draft a player at an area of need?

Has there ever been a tight end taken in the top 15 that has panned out? I'm actually curious and not trying to be a jerk.

I still remember people saying OJ Howard from Bama was going to be a great one....

Don't get me wrong I like Pitts, he reminds me of Waller from the Raiders, but no way in hell am I using a top 5 pick on a tight end.

Yup that is what is going to turn this team into a superbowl winner. A tight end who supposedly doesn't even block that well. Championship!

Can’t do that we need to buy a corvette and throw a VW bug engine into it.

No way do we go TE at #3

If he somehow falls to #18 then he has to be a serious option! I personally don't see him dropping past 14 however.

Drafting for need is why we’ve sucked for the past 24 yrs. Draft impact/special players. If Miami drafts smith, chase or pitts I’ll be happy.

I would like to see them draft Smith or Chase at 3 and then trade their 18th and 36th pick to move up and draft Pitts. An offense with Smith or Chase,
Parker, Pitts, Gesicki, and one of the top free agent WR’s would instantly make the Dolphins offense as potent as any offense in the NFL.
They could also draft Williams at RB if he is still on the board when they pick at 50. If not, there are still several upgrades they should be able to add at RB
I like that although if they can move back a few with the 3 and still grab Smith i'll do cartwheels (well, try).

Has there ever been a tight end taken in the top 15 that has panned out? I'm actually curious and not trying to be a jerk.

I still remember people saying OJ Howard from Bama was going to be a great one....

Don't get me wrong I like Pitts, he reminds me of Waller from the Raiders, but no way in hell am I using a top 5 pick on a tight end.
Not sure, prob not. I hope this kid is there at 18.

Drafting for need is why we’ve sucked for the past 24 yrs. Draft impact/special players. If Miami drafts smith, chase or pitts I’ll be happy.
Yatil Green, John Avery, Randal Hill anybody?? Impact players................:nah:

That scenario would be amazing and everyone on finheaven would celebrate.

😂 who would you like the phins to take at # 3
I'd hope not to pick at #3 in an attempt to entice anyone from #4 - #8 trading up and giving us draft capital for both this year and next personally.

I think if we do pick at #3 it is an issue.

If I absolutely had to pick at 3 because I couldn't find a trade partner, it would be Pitts's name on the card. AS good as Smith is, I feel there are a lot of options lower in the order that maybe don't fit as well but the drop off is not as steep. Sewell is the only other I would consider, but with the investment we've already made in the line, if we do add more pieces to it I would rather wait till round 2. I'm not picking a D player when it's our O that needs help. Pitts would offer us so much and help Tua in ways we can't imagine right now but he's not a silver bullet either, we also need to target an Eskridge later on and a Williams too. If we could get these offensive players in this draft, this O could be extremely potent and if this is our first 4 picks (in any order) I would be bouncing off the walls:

Pitts (TE/WR)
Williams (RB)
Humphrey (C)
Eskridge (WR)

I would add another WR too, to this late on, plenty to choose from like; R Moore, E Moore, St. Brown, Marshall, Wallace, Rodgers, Surratt, Imatorbhebhe, Smith, Fitzpatrick, Grimes and many more. Maybe consider a second RB too like Paterson, Sermon, Carter or Stevenson.

But knowing us we'll probably throw more picks at a D that doesn't need as much help as the O :(

Back
Top Bottom