Kyle Pitts is the key | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyle Pitts is the key

I'd hope not to pick at #3 in an attempt to entice anyone from #4 - #8 trading up and giving us draft capital for both this year and next personally.

I think if we do pick at #3 it is an issue.
I understand but if Miami stays put, no way they draft OL ( we drafted OL last year)
- even tho I love pitts , he won’t be the pick either( TE R NEVER drafted in the top 5)
-QB , nope , we drafted Tua
- Only players I see Miami drafting at # 3 is either smith/chase/ parsons and leaning WR all the way.

If I absolutely had to pick at 3 because I couldn't find a trade partner, it would be Pitts's name on the card. AS good as Smith is, I feel there are a lot of options lower in the order that maybe don't fit as well but the drop off is not as steep. Sewell is the only other I would consider, but with the investment we've already made in the line, if we do add more pieces to it I would rather wait till round 2. I'm not picking a D player when it's our O that needs help. Pitts would offer us so much and help Tua in ways we can't imagine right now but he's not a silver bullet either, we also need to target an Eskridge later on and a Williams too. If we could get these offensive players in this draft, this O could be extremely potent and if this is our first 4 picks (in any order) I would be bouncing off the walls:

Pitts (TE/WR)
Williams (RB)
Humphrey (C)
Eskridge (WR)

I would add another WR too, to this late on, plenty to choose from like; R Moore, E Moore, St. Brown, Marshall, Wallace, Rodgers, Surratt, Imatorbhebhe, Smith, Fitzpatrick, Grimes and many more. Maybe consider a second RB too like Paterson, Sermon, Carter or Stevenson.

But knowing us we'll probably throw more picks at a D that doesn't need as much help as the O :(
Has there ever been a TE drafted in the top 3? I’m 100% on board, the kid is special.

Pitts may be the biggest mismatch player in this draft.

I do think he goes top 10, but I don't think I'd take him above Smith, Chase or Waddle. Love Pitts, though.

Has there ever been a TE drafted in the top 3? I’m 100% on board, the kid is special.

I don't think so, but classing Pitts as just a TE is so wrong. He's an offensive weapon, a kinda of weapon that the NFL today thrives on. A thing that always is forgotten about too, is he's only 20 ! He just growing into his body and has the potential to get a lot better. The age thing has be hopeful that our FO will consider him, they like to draft young guys, Jackson and Iggy, taken in the first round last year were two of the youngest players in the draft.

No way do you take Pitts at number 3. I love him though and would entertain moving up from 18 to draft him if that's what it would take.

You have to take take BPA at positions of need or trade down. Right now LB and WR are bigger concerns. If we go defense with #3, then Pitts will probably be the best receiving talent left on the board by the time 18 comes around. Assuming he even drops that far.

Yes. And Pitts is drafting for need. We need touchdowns. Pitts will deliver them. The guy is a permanent match up nightmare on the field. I won't be upset if we go in another direction as there's a lot to like at the #3 spot (both players and trade value). But if I'm making the pick, I'm taking Pitts.

Yes. And Pitts is drafting for need. We need touchdowns. Pitts will deliver them. The guy is a permanent match up nightmare on the field. I won't be upset if we go in another direction as there's a lot to like at the #3 spot (both players and trade value). But if I'm making the pick, I'm taking Pitts.
Fair enough.

For me you can most likely get more value out of the pick by attempting to trade down first. Still have to see the combine numbers though. If he runs a 4.5 or better 40 and crushes the 3 cone drill, you will have no choice but to draft him at #3.

I believe he should be the pick. Never would I have said draft a TE in the first round period but let me tell you this kid is going to be special. He doesn’t even look 6’6 yet he is , he’s so athletic, he has speed, great hands, runs incredibly fluid. I can’t explain wtf I’m watching when I look at his highlights. That shouldn’t be possible for a 6’6 guy. I’m all in on Pitts. I love devonta smith but this kid should be the pick. Sadly Grier and company are terrible at drafting so I doubt this happens. Would love to hear finheavens opinion on the kid. Phenomenal talent.

Not the worst idea.

Seems like a great prospect.

But in my mind, our #3 pick has the value of a later first rounder this year, a later pick this year, and a first rounder next year.

So that's what we are spending (in my mind) for whoever we select at #3, if we end up staying put and selecting a player there.

That would be just horrible draft luck for us (again).

Back
Top Bottom