Kyle Pitts is the key | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyle Pitts is the key

Pitts feasted on LB's and Safety's in college, things will change in the big league. He was not tasked with blocking very much at UF. I've been watching for the last 2 years. I like Pitts but not selling the farm to get him, we still have too many other needs. For this thread, we have a receiving TE, blocking TE, and a hybred, so do we really need another?

I get it! But i hate this types of points. Because there's alot more players selected that aren't Waller and Brady and whatever other unicorn people like to put out there as the "See that guy..."
You “hate this types of points”? Signed, Unicorn person. 😂

I honestly would cry, very loudly, if we went defense with #18. What defensive player is going to have more impact on defense and improve that group compared to an offensive player?

We literally can go all offense in this draft and drastically improve this team on paper.

The playoff has shown me outside of maybe the Bills and Tampa there's no team that was in the playoffs that was significantly better than we currently are as a total defense. Ofcourse there's room for improvement.

But the glearing weakness continues to be offense.
I’d advise you to get out your Kleenex box. Unless they fall in love with Najee Harris this week I don’t see them going RB at 18, especially if they go WR at 3. What would Belichick do is how I evaluate what Flo would do. I think LB or DE. Big need. Someone like Basham, Rousseau or Owusu-Koramoa.

I think Pitts is the most underrated best pick we could have in the first round . TE as a position translates pretty well to the Pro’s . I also believe many of the reasons good TE’s do fail is related to offensive scheming, QB preference and the inability to make an impact blocking.

There are 3 huge factors in this realization specific to Tua’s development and the development of our pass game moreso than other teams.

1. Given Tua’s strengths in the RPO/bootleg, underneath routes to someone with Pitts ability to create separation would be a god send for progression and production for Tua .

2. Kyle Pitts has the most freakish athletic ability potentially ever seen by a TE, his body control, ability to make catches with his hands and win one on one matchups with anyone is unmatched by any TE prospect that I can think of. This may allow Tua to open up the deep throws, we all know he is capable.

3. If we nab our star WR, Kyle Pitts would completely stretch the field, occupy safeties and open up one on one matchups for a guy like Chase/Smith to be able to work or vice versa ( pick your poison) . Also think more deep throws here

I think it is very reasonable to use a 2022 2nd round pick to move up or package some picks to grab Pitts after selecting chase/smith or potentially trading back and using that ammo to grab say a smith/chase/waddle, Pitts, Humphries.

As for RB, I think you take Williams in the 2nd and never look back.
Yeah sure, spend a first round pick for a TE

0277E4B8-7210-4D40-B08C-A189BAC4DA71.jpeg

What would be the better combination for us?
#3 WR
#18 Unknown
or
#3 Pitts
#18 Best available WR?

I’m a Georgia fan. I don’t think that was a dirty hit. Cine was running full speed. He had his head up and aiming for Pitts chest. Pitts was airborne and coming back down. It was brutal but not dirty.

Pitts feasted on LB's and Safety's in college, things will change in the big league. He was not tasked with blocking very much at UF. I've been watching for the last 2 years. I like Pitts but not selling the farm to get him, we still have too many other needs. For this thread, we have a receiving TE, blocking TE, and a hybred, so do we really need another?
Not true, Gators split Pitts out wide plenty.

He was often covered by CBs, check the SEC championship game where he was covered by Surtain.

Pitts will be special in the NFL.

I honestly would cry, very loudly, if we went defense with #18. What defensive player is going to have more impact on defense and improve that group compared to an offensive player?

We literally can go all offense in this draft and drastically improve this team on paper.

The playoff has shown me outside of maybe the Bills and Tampa there's no team that was in the playoffs that was significantly better than we currently are as a total defense. Ofcourse there's room for improvement.

But the glearing weakness continues to be offense.
I don't disagree our clear needs are weapons on offense. That said, and it's probably worth nothing, but every Mock I see or virtual one I mess with, it seems the range from #10-#20 in the 1st round is mostly defense. Those elite WR's and QB's go top 10, along with studs (Sewell, Parsons, Paye, etc.), then we see the LB's, corners, Pitts, etc. going in the teens. If we tend to think the 1st is too early to invest in RB's, the elite WR's are all top 10, what do you do with #18? If you know you can get a quality RB in mid 20's. or even 2nd round, what do you do with #18?

Long story short, I could see them going defense (or taking an OT) at #18.

I don't disagree our clear needs are weapons on offense. That said, and it's probably worth nothing, but every Mock I see or virtual one I mess with, it seems the range from #10-#20 in the 1st round is mostly defense. Those elite WR's and QB's go top 10, along with studs (Sewell, Parsons, Paye, etc.), then we see the LB's, corners, Pitts, etc. going in the teens. If we tend to think the 1st is too early to invest in RB's, the elite WR's are all top 10, what do you do with #18? If you know you can get a quality RB in mid 20's. or even 2nd round, what do you do with #18?

Long story short, I could see them going defense (or taking an OT) at #18.

I hear you and that’s probably a great point. Most likely whatever defensive player we get is going to be a “rotation” guy. Especially if it’s someone in the trenches.

Haha im not using Gesicki as an excuse to upgrade the position. He had 5 games over 50 yards receiving.
True, and we do need to start seeing a bit more chunk yardage after the catch from Gesicki, but his his biggest feature is, he is a pretty big weapon in the REDZONE receiving, along with 6 TDs last year also.

True, and we do need to start seeing a bit more chunk yardage after the catch from Gesicki, but his his biggest feature is, he is a pretty big weapon in the REDZONE receiving, along with 6 TDs last year also.
One of our biggest issues last season was scoring red zone TDs. Gesicki can be a weapon down there but he wasn't doing this nearly enough, too many times we stalled out.

TE is probably the most improved unit the dolphins had last season, I doubt they´ll add another TE , Gesicky is a monster receiver, Smythe blocks pretty well and Adam Shaheen just got a contract extension because he is playing pretty solid. I just don´t see a need at TE.

Yeah sure, spend a first round pick for a TE

View attachment 64226

Alright this is the last time I’ll say it I promise ......

If you watch Kyle Pitts tape, the guy has the type of skill set that could be used as either a TE OR WR. His quickness off the ball and ability to use his hands to create separation in the first 5 yards is a thing of beauty . You can line him up as an X, Y or TE. He has shown he can beat 1st round graded CB’s. He played all SEC talent the whole year when he was getting double covered and keyed on and STILL made it look effortless. I wouldn’t be surprised if teams used him in split or as a TE, depending on the package. That is the thing of beauty with selecting a guy like Pitts. I think he would fill need at WR and TE which gives a lot of value for moving up to grab him.

I think many of you commenting that he is just another overhyped TE haven’t really looked at his tape all that much. Maybe I’m wrong but I doubt it.

Comparing Pitts and Gesicki is like Jacksonville comparing Lawrence and Minshew. He had his moments and looked like the real deal. No comparison. Gesicki had inflated numbers because our receiving corps sucked. The tight ends after him sucked. He is average, but on this team, which sucked, he looked great. Pitts is more talented than any player on our roster, period. Except maybe X. Tua can make any receiver look great if they just have hands. I can’t wait to see him and a healthy Preston Williams. Taking an offensive lineman or a wide receiver at three is idiotic. (our quarterback is left handed) I’d rather go defense, to be honest. Heisman trophy doesn’t mean a whole lot on a loaded Alabama team, that skinny wide receiver might end up being the third receiver taken. Sewell will probably go at eight to ten, not third. Miami should come out of this draft very good. But don’t expect Tua, even if we get the best receiver(s) in this draft to be in serious super bowl contention for two years. That’s just how it goes. Like Eli Manning, taken number one, took three seasons. Tua’s half season this year almost doesn’t count. Bottom line, Pitts makes any team that takes him, unless you already have Kelce, a better team for years. Value pick anywhere on your draft board.

I love Pitts. I don’t pass up a chance at Pitts or Chase but after that if I can get Pitts, I’m doing it then either Harris or Williams at RB.

Back
Top Bottom