Kyle Pitts is the key | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyle Pitts is the key

I love Pitts. I don’t pass up a chance at Pitts or Chase but after that if I can get Pitts, I’m doing it then either Harris or Williams at RB.
Smith/Chase plus Pitts to me is the solution here and we can make it happen with some trading back and forth. don't be afraid to move back up again.

I think Pitts will get draft top 10, I don't see us having a chance to get him.

We have a top 3 pick already, we can make it happen. One simple approach would be to take a trade down with a QB hungry team to 6 or 7 and take him there. As I said in my previous post, don't be afraid to move back up again from 18 to take one of the blue chip WRs Smith/Chase or Waddle, I find it hard to believe at least one will not be available at around 12 or so, moving up may just cost us one of the extra picks we picked up by moving down from 3. The reason I would pick Pitts first in this scenario is because I would be happy to double him up with any of the other 3 receivers.

If BF is in love with Chase/Waddle/Smith then definitely trade back and gain capital that might get you Pitts with some more maneuvering. But if Smith is your guy then take him at 3 and if R.Harris is your guy then take him at 18. BF said he will take high character over skill so anyone stating your over drafting a player is full of it! Coach wants complete players and if they include high ceiling skill they are valued more.

Not true, Gators split Pitts out wide plenty.

He was often covered by CBs, check the SEC championship game where he was covered by Surtain.

Pitts will be special in the NFL.
Yep, he was split out plenty, and almost never drew the best cover corner. Surtan is a size mis-match. The NFL is different, they can all run and cover. He was not asked to block much, if any either. He'll catch plenty of passes for a mediocre team but is he a difference maker at the NFL level? I don't think he will like Smith and Chase will.

Yep, he was split out plenty, and almost never drew the best cover corner. Surtan is a size mis-match. The NFL is different, they can all run and cover. He was not asked to block much, if any either. He'll catch plenty of passes for a mediocre team but is he a difference maker at the NFL level? I don't think he will like Smith and Chase will.
He drew plenty of good corners and safeties, and of course it’s a mismatch , Pitts is 6’6 250lb. Surtain is 6’2 200lb , he is good sized for a corner. For comparison Jalen Ramsey and Xavien Howard are 6’1 sub 200lb . I’m not really understanding your argument here.

Alright this is the last time I’ll say it I promise ......

If you watch Kyle Pitts tape, the guy has the type of skill set that could be used as either a TE OR WR. His quickness off the ball and ability to use his hands to create separation in the first 5 yards is a thing of beauty . You can line him up as an X, Y or TE. He has shown he can beat 1st round graded CB’s. He played all SEC talent the whole year when he was getting double covered and keyed on and STILL made it look effortless. I wouldn’t be surprised if teams used him in split or as a TE, depending on the package. That is the thing of beauty with selecting a guy like Pitts. I think he would fill need at WR and TE which gives a lot of value for moving up to grab him.

I think many of you commenting that he is just another overhyped TE haven’t really looked at his tape all that much. Maybe I’m wrong but I doubt it.
I don’t care if he’s Mark Bavaro reincarnated, I’m still not drafting a TE in the first round

Pitts is fantastic. Posted this earlier in the year and someone actually responded that he wasnt that good. Cmon man, first round grade.

He drew plenty of good corners and safeties, and of course it’s a mismatch , Pitts is 6’6 250lb. Surtain is 6’2 200lb , he is good sized for a corner. For comparison Jalen Ramsey and Xavien Howard are 6’1 sub 200lb . I’m not really understanding your argument here.
Pitts is only useful to us if we can get a true game breaker at WR first, we have a no block TE already. Is Pitts potentially better that what we have? Possibly, but we have other needs to be addressed first. That's my argument.

Pitts is only useful to us if we can get a true game breaker at WR first, we have a no block TE already. Is Pitts potentially better that what we have? Possibly, but we have other needs to be addressed first. That's my argument.

I mean I would agree that Pitts immediate impact would be higher if we get a game-breaker WR. Do I believe that Pitts is better than what we have, I don't think you could deny that Pitts would be a HUGE upgrade over Gesicki. Gesicki has proven to be a pretty serviceable Tight end but the biggest selling point for me with Pitts is his potential to be a WR, hell not even a hybrid. I think he could actually play WR in the NFL. Gesicki cannot get the separation that Pitts is able to get which is one of the biggest needs we have from our WR corp

My issue with taking athletic tight ends very early is they tend to take a few years to get going in the NFL and then they get maybe two to three years before they lose a step.

Please no. We have Gesicki and Pitts will be not available after the top 10.
So with our top 3 or if we trade down around 6-7 we need to take à WR or Sewell.

Please no. We have Gesicki and Pitts will be not available after the top 10.
So with our top 3 or if we trade down around 6-7 we need to take à WR or Sewell.
What team do you see drafting a TE in the top 10?

Do you really think he is a top 20 overall talent? I'm not seeing it.

Good player who presents opportunities for mismatches, but is not a complete TE.

What team do you see drafting a TE in the top 10?

Do you really think he is a top 20 overall talent? I'm not seeing it.

Good player who presents opportunities for mismatches, but is not a complete TE.
6A4C422A-DFA9-4383-BFAB-EA5C6871F1D4.gif

Back
Top Bottom