LaCanfora: Ross still wants Jim Harbaugh | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LaCanfora: Ross still wants Jim Harbaugh

Are you kidding me? Harbaugh is right now in the midst of a serious power struggle in SF. Thanks to Chambers for reminding me that when Harbaugh's name was floated for the Texas job, the 49ers responded by saying "Eh? Who cares? Let him go."

We could wind up with Gamble AND Harbaugh? That would be amazing.

That said, I don't buy this report. I think what is far more likely is that when Ross was courting Harbaugh, Harbaugh mentioned Gamble as someone he liked a lot. And that stuck in Ross's mind.

Pure speculation by LaCanfora, who's reporting through this process has been substandard.

At the same time, is anyone going to complain if we're using Gamble to recruit Harbaugh at this time next year? I won't. The guy is a heck of a football coach and the staff he put together in San Francisco was spectacular. Go look at it some time. Amazing resumes.

Hold up he did not put that team together that was Mike Singletary's team. Harbaugh is just a better coach so, lets not just say he built the team because he didnt

Jim Harbaugh is an excellent football coach who also happens to have an extremely foul and unpleasant personality and he's reportedly hated by everyone in the 49ers organization. I would hire him in a heartbeat.

Uhm, am I the only person here who sees this column and thinks "GOOD! I hope it's true!" ?

I would love Harbaugh but I hope he winds up at Michigan. I find it hilarious that this came up because Hayden is melting down over LaConfora speculating that Ross will give Aponte more power.

Uhm, am I the only person here who sees this column and thinks "GOOD! I hope it's true!" ?

Uh, no- no you're not. Getting Gamble and then landing Harbaugh would be tremendous. Its a pipe dream, but it would be tremendous nonetheless.

Hold up he did not put that team together that was Mike Singletary's team. Harbaugh is just a better coach so, lets not just say he built the team because he didnt

Did I say he built the team? I said he put together a tremendous staff. Which he did.

The guy who actually drafted most of the 49ers star players is a guy named Scot McLoughlan, who was Trent Baalke's boss in those days. McLoughlan had some sort of weird personal meltdown that led to him getting fired, after which Baalke was promoted. McLoughlan is now a senior consultant with the Seahawks iirc.

i wish "repoeters or insiders" or whatever the hell they want to be called would write what they hear and not just speculation

If Ross had this grand plan to lure Harbaugh here by hiring Gamble, he wouldn't have given Ireland the opportunity to stay with Miami. Remember that Ireland left or was fired because he refused to accept a role with less authority on personnel.

bunsen-1.jpg
Bunsen has too much time on his hands

If Ross had this grand plan to lure Harbaugh here by hiring Gamble, he wouldn't have given Ireland the opportunity to stay with Miami. Remember that Ireland left or was fired because he refused to accept a role with less authority on personnel.

That's an offer you make knowing it will never be accepted. Instead of flat out firing him, it allows Ross to help Ireland save some face & "mutually agree to part ways" I have to believe there was no scenario where Ross truly wanted Ireland here still after making his decision

Back
Top Bottom