LAST DAY (WE HOPE) OF DC WATCH...COME ON FANGIO! | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LAST DAY (WE HOPE) OF DC WATCH...COME ON FANGIO!

Uh....Fangio isnt going to be paid in the billions, so I think we are safe there.

4-5 Mill per year would place him as the highest paid DC of all time (Feel free to correct me if Im wrong.)

How much he has already made is irrelevant. Any sane person would want to make as much as possible, if not for himself, but for his family. Income tax savings in FL is significant.

I agree with the rest. He is the best DC out there and will be paid as such. It will all hinge on how close his relationship is with McDaniel and how much he liked his interview here.
I personally don’t think that “making as much as possible” is what sane people want. I could have kept working and making more money, but I chose to retire and enjoy other parts of life (travel is tops). Money, as they say, isn’t everything.

There is the other expression, “location, location, location,” so he might just want to be in some part of the country. Since many teams want his skills (and I’m sure he doesn’t need more money), he will certainly do whatever he wants. I hope he does want to join the Fins, but if he isn’t 100% in I don’t want him. Which is what I’ve said about everyone I’ve hired over the years.

I personally don’t think that “making as much as possible” is what sane people want. I could have kept working and making more money, but I chose to retire and enjoy other parts of life (travel is tops). Money, as they say, isn’t everything.

There is the other expression, “location, location, location,” so he might just want to be in some part of the country. Since many teams want his skills (and I’m sure he doesn’t need more money), he will certainly do whatever he wants. I hope he does want to join the Fins, but if he isn’t 100% in I don’t want him. Which is what I’ve said about everyone I’ve hired over the years.
Not comparing retirement to working, im comparing working for less money or more money.

Of course there are other factors you would take into consideration, things that may make it more attractive to work for less money.

But saying he has made enough money isnt really a reason. If that was the case, why not retire? Or coach HS ball?

I am calling it now:

Fangio to the 49ers. He likes the shannahan way and they know each other well. The 49ers are in the championship game and most likely superbowl bound and winning it all.

It was reported last night demeco ryan IS the fav in houston for hc and i FIRMLY believe that is what vic has been waiting on, the 49ers, NOT philly as sports mouths have been saturated with.

Miami reportedly rolled out the major red carpet for fangio on his interview day and agreed on everything vic wanted. But...., no signing.

Bad news if demeco gets the houston job. I think that cancels out fangio for us.

BRING ON DESAI before he gets scooped up!!!
The 49ers are getting destroyed tomorrow. No Super Bowl for them this year. Doubt that Ryans gets a head coaching job so he stays in San Fran. So Fangio will not be going to the 49ers.

Not comparing retirement to working, im comparing working for less money or more money.

Of course there are other factors you would take into consideration, things that may make it more attractive to work for less money.

But saying he has made enough money isnt really a reason. If that was the case, why not retire? Or coach HS ball?
Money is always a factor, I am sure with his resume he will get paid equally by any team that wants him so it's almost a nonfactor. The city, team makeup, and relationship with HC, GM, and Owner will factor in. That said, so be it, if he wants us he'll be here if not, best of luck and next man up.

Last edited:

This is what should be on every fin fans mind. What is it he really wants?? Vic has several teams actively pursuing him. All of these clubs have something different to offer and I assume he has done his due diligence in evaluating each one. If there is not a "clear" best fit or a single team that he really wants to get totally immersed in then he may just be waiting for a better offer to come in. As much as I would like him to come join us, I would much rather have a candidate that truly WANTS to be with Miami.
Hoping the DC vacancy is resolved soon. Fingers crossed.

I'm sure it's already been mentioned but there are rumors that Fangio may sign with Frank Reich in Carolina. Tepper is like Ross and will probably make Fangio the highest paid DC.

I'm sure it's already been mentioned but there are rumors that Fangio may sign with Frank Reich in Carolina. Tepper is like Ross and will probably make Fangio the highest paid DC.

There have been reports that Carolina is out on Fangio in the last couple hours.

Ya if money were an issue. I doubt it is in this scenario, both teams have wealthy owners willing to write blank checks.

This is a what does he want more situation. Western Carolina is an idyllic place to live so I can understand the draw. I don't want to have to convince someone to take the job in Miami though. I want someone to come in with a sense of greater purpose. Those people stick exist because our coach is one of them.

64 year old Vic Fangio needs how much more money in his life?
Not saying it is always the case but, in general, that would be someone young and hungry. VF really has nothing to prove.

The 49ers are getting destroyed tomorrow. No Super Bowl for them this year. Doubt that Ryans gets a head coaching job so he stays in San Fran. So Fangio will not be going to the 49ers.
Keep doubting. Its reported ryans blew the texans away in his interview and has emerged as the top candidate. He is getting an hc job be it houston, denver, carolina, etc..... . The 49ers losing the nfc cbamp game wont change a thing.

Last edited:
Fangio was the DC for the Panthers in the mid 1990’s. Reich was a QB on the Panthers for one of the years Fangio was with the Panthers. So they do know each other. MCDaniel on the other hand has never coached on a team with Fangio.

I really don’t care what other teams Fangio might be considering. He will eventually sign with the team that he feels suits him the best. Which is exactly what he should do.

Hopefully he picks the Dolphins but if not, I just hope MCDaniel is able to hire a DC who can get a lot more out of the Dolphins defense than Boyer did

He most certainly isn’t getting the Carolina job
Oh? Why exactly?

Back
Top Bottom