laughable jets forum site | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

laughable jets forum site

i'll bite. all our positions are not only set now, but we also have depth. last year there were questions at QB, offensive line, WR (still some), and the entire defense. we didn't know what pennington would bring, we didn't know if there was anyone besides vernon carey who could block, we didn't know if we had a single receiver worth a damn, and we weren't sure of a single position on D outside of porter, crowder, and allen. now, i can say who every starter will be with confidence and who their backup will be. so yes, 100x better. good drafts make all the difference.

as far as the secondary goes, be prepared to be surprised. we could very well have the best safety tandem in the league - not to mention that vontae and/or sean will compliment allen nicely.

That doesn't make them 100x better, it just makes you (and the coaches & players) more confident in what they have.

How much of the depth is tested? It's fine to have a good draft, but until they prove they can do it in the NFL, you can't count them as 'quality depth'.

100x better? Why, because they re-signed their own guys and picked up a center from the raiders?

They'll be good but the weakness in the secondary will be the downfall.
Your secondary isn't much, if at all, any better than ours is IMO.

Huh? so you would rather have a better team this year and go 7-9?

no, i'd rather win every game. i was just saying we're better than last season even if our record doesn't end up reflecting it.

That doesn't make them 100x better, it just makes you (and the coaches & players) more confident in what they have.

How much of the depth is tested? It's fine to have a good draft, but until they prove they can do it in the NFL, you can't count them as 'quality depth'.

i wasn't talking about the rookies but that works. the rooks parcells drafted last year worked out - and those guys will only get better. i don't know about white or the 2 receivers but i think the other guys will be good. i guess we'll just have to wait for the season to start.

Huh? so you would rather have a better team this year and go 7-9?

Well I have heard that the Phins could be better than they were last year but still finish worse than 11-5.

I don't really get that but hey, it's been said by others :D

records don't mean everything. we're a better team now any way you look at it.

Well the only measure of who makes the playoffs is in fact the records so to me, they are everything.

Now in discussions on boards like these about what team is better or what team has the brighter future, anything goes. But in the NFL's eyes, your record is all that's important when it comes to where you stand in the league.

Well the only measure of who makes the playoffs is in fact the records so to me, they are everything.

Now in discussions on boards like these about what team is better or what team has the brighter future, anything goes. But in the NFL's eyes, your record is all that's important when it comes to where you stand in the league.

i don't necessarily prescribe to the records mean everything philosophy. can you really say with confidence that we had a better team than the patsies last year? if brady didn't go down, it's pretty safe to say the division was theirs. but i do get what you're saying.

Every forum is the same. There are always your fair share of homers. I would reckon that 1-15 season humbled a lot of folks on this board but Dolphins fans have done the same thing over the years. These types of threads are pointless and really bring out the worst in everyone involved.

This board didn't exist for the 2007 season. 'Coincidentally.'

This board didn't exist for the 2007 season. 'Coincidentally.'

Really??? The site was hacked for a portion of the season, and moved to another forum than back once we went live again after saving data.

Try another angle :up:

I can clear this up for the Jets and Dolphins fans, who both think the other is being overly optimistic...you are both right. The Dolphins fans are probably still in shock over their success last year; it's pretty unrealistic to think that it's a forgone conclusion that success will be repeated...I think it won't. I'm not sure where the Jets get their optimism from. Teams are going to stack 8 men in the box against the run because they will struggle with the passing game, and their defense won't be enough to overcome that. The Patriots are the team to beat. Don't forget how easy the AFC East schedules were last year.

What I truly find so hard to understand is how most Dolphins and Jets fans can so easily dismiss the Bills out of hand. The Bills will be at least on the same level as both these teams.

Do you care to revisit this topic now??

Jets D- Dominant

Sanchez looks pretty damn good for a rookie, we all know he will have his bumps but he's been just what we needed so far.

Titans handed you guys that game like Buffalo handed NE their game.

Sanchez had a bad game.

He's a rookie QB playing against a team that was 13-3 last season and a team all the "experts" consider to still be a good team.

For a rookie QB he didnt have that bad of a game. The biggest problem I have with the way he played today was the 2 fumbles although 1 was recovered by the Jets but you still cant put the ball on the ground. I'm not going to kill him for the INT because Stuckey should have made that catch.

Back
Top Bottom