Letting Landry walk could be like losing Welker | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Letting Landry walk could be like losing Welker

We have 2 players who could be considered elite.. Suh & Landry.

We don't have any other players who even come close to being elite.

I think we should keep him purely for this reason.

Exactly. We should keep him simply because he is one of our only good players!

So s I m p l e. Keep this brother please..if he leaves I may follow him Oooo ^^

Landry is going to light it up for someone else. NE isn’t going to be a threat for much longer but the team that Landry goes to very well could be. Hell, Landry looked pretty good with Alex Smith throwing to him.

He's been a Fin for four years yet he may leave us and all of a sudden will 'light it up?'

Please don't ever use the Pro Bowl as an indicator of real world NFL football.

First, we tendered Welker and the Patriots spent more than we were willing to spend. Second, Welker never got a ring with the Patriots and actually had a key drop in the Superbowl that if made would have probably won it for them. You act like the Dolphins aren't willing to spend a fair amount, which is not the case.
........and I have been parroting this from day, the Dolphins are willing to pay Landry (although I feel Gase is tired of his ass) just not what he feels he's worth. We are talking about the MIAMI DOLPHINS here folks, a team that is notorious for overspending.

Exactly! That's my entire point. It's not like the Dolphins aren't willing to pay him between $7M - $11M which absolutely a fair range for him. Landry getting paid anything over $11M is a joke.

I would take it one step further and ask what exactly does Landry bring that says he deserves to be one of the highest paid receivers in the League?

Leads in TDs?
Leads in total yards?
Leads in YDP?

What..biggest heart?
You forgot Receptions.

........and I have been parroting this from day, the Dolphins are willing to pay Landry (although I feel Gase is tired of his ***) just not what he feels he's worth. We are talking about the MIAMI DOLPHINS here folks, a team that is notorious for overspending.
Problem is, we over spent on guys we shouldn’t have - Cutler, Branch, Alonso and we are going to lose our best player as a result.

Landry isn't the kind of WR you spend elite money on. He's not elite, the offense struggled this year with him being a big part of it. It will probably be better next year without him

My question to you is
What was Welker when he was here
I don't care if he went to the moon to play,
His production here was not very good

And you might want to stop the Landry to New England
drama because it's not going to happen...NEVER

Show me one example of Belichick paying a wide receiver
$14 or $15 million dollars...Heck Gronks base salary is a bit
over half of Landry's asking price (if believed) I'd
take Gronk over Landry 7 days a week/365 days a year
at nearly half price

Somebody brough up Danny Amendola in another Landry thread as a reason why to keep Landry and I said that is exactly why you don't keep him for that price. Danny made 3m last season and is a free agent this year........hell let's double it and bring him down for the slot and we are still 8m to the good!

I understand the argument that Landry wants too much money, but IMO he's one of the players you consider overpaying to keep them around. Instead, the Dolphins grace us with overpayments on the likes of Kiko, Maxwell, Cutlet, and Branch. Which leads us to no longer having a choice on the matter to overpay Landry because Tannendumb already spent that money.

I think people are erroneously ignoring the possibility that he could take less to go to New England or some other competitor though. Landry wants to win, and he also wants to get paid. The Dolphins have rewarded him with nothing but hysterical incompetence and lowball money compared to his market. The Patriots don't like to overpay but they're not likely to turn down talent at a good price. I would definitely hold it against him if he picked the Patriots of all teams, but I do see it as a possibility. We'll just have to wait and see how much each of those factors in to his decision making.

Somebody brough up Danny Amendola in another Landry thread as a reason why to keep Landry and I said that is exactly why you don't keep him for that price. Danny made 3m last season and is a free agent this year........hell let's double it and bring him down for the slot and we are still 8m to the good!

6 million for a 32 year WR who has never started a full 16 games and barely plays half his teams snaps? I would hope not.

6 million for a 32 year WR who has never started a full 16 games and barely plays half his teams snaps? I would hope not.

Yeah and my comment was at 3m a year I'd take Amendola and his injuries over 14m a year and Landry to play slot.

Back
Top Bottom