LOL @ Jets | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LOL @ Jets

In the offseason, Gase threw what some considered shade at Tannehill when he said something along the lines of, "he has NO LIMITS" with Darnold at QB. Then the first thing the announcers say last night is, "Darnold really likes how Gase has simplified things so he only has to think about one thing at a time." Gase is such a tool bag it's not even funny.
Make it simple? That's not how you develop a franchise QB. That's how you stop his progress. You want to simplify the first few games to give the QB a chance for the game to slow down but then you to add stuff. You want your franchise QB to have the ability to make chances and act as his own coordinator on the field.

Darnold is in his second year. He should be able to comprehend a full playbook. The problem with simplifying in the second year you leave the QB with no other option and if that one thing does not work you and your young QB are screwed. You destroy his confidence which can have a lasting effect.

I said before the season Gase being with the Jets is the best thing what could have hapd with the Dolphins this offseson. It will guarantee that Darnold will regress.

It was so bad Belichick was actually laughing at Gase’s decisions during the game last night. Hilarious stuff.

Gase looked like a genius in 2016. Let's be reasonable here, that 2016 Dolphins team played way over its head and most of us thought Gase was a winner.

I tend to believe that Vaark is correct about what happened to Gase after 2016 with respect to the whole Joe Vitt thing. He completely changed his approach and it is night and day. If you look at game broadcasts from 2016, you see a coach who is emotive and not afraid to show it. Fast forward to 2017 and he looks like a burnout who wishes he could be anywhere else but on the sideline.
What was the Joe Vitt thing?

What was the Joe Vitt thing?

Vitt is his father in law and Vaark believes that Vitt got in Gase's ear. It is somewhat plausible. I also think that guys like Christensen, And Vance did a good job of balancing Gase out. I think he has unfortunately taken to hiring sycophants rrcently

Everything that made Gase maddening in Miami is what makes him on the Jets so delightful. The guy refuses to take any accountability and is stubborn to a fault.

The NY media is killing him right now for having Darnold out there when the game was beyond lost, risking injury when he was mic'd up earlier saying he was seeing ghosts. How he stays beyond this year is beyond me.

I hate Brady and the Pats but I got numb to their success. So, yeah I am enjoying this big time. After last week's lucky win against the Cowboys they were big mouthing again and how they were coming from behind now and head to the playoffs now that Darnold is back. They even called the Pats game a "trap game". :lol:
Trap game? :lol:

Where are all the posters predicting that Gase was going to kill it in NY?

I guess by “it” they meant the Jets franchise.

I really hate to see this. I wanted the Jets to be in 9-7 hell for 2 or 3 years before Gase if fired.

Where are all the posters predicting that Gase was going to kill it in NY?

I guess by “it” they meant the Jets franchise.

I thought they'd contend for the playoffs year 1 but then implode. I do think people overestimated the talent they had... but Gase also has no idea hoe to use Bell

I thought it would be a repeat of Miami. Solid first year than his clash with outspoken players would come into play. The OL is an issue (surprise) and the lack of adjustment to the cover zero blitz wasn't a surprise. Darnold has a lot of potential but I wouldn't trust the current staff to develop him.

Equally astounding as the mic'd up seeing ghosts issue is that Gase never made an adjustment to the cover zero blitz. Gregg Williams could have told Gase how to adjust but apparently they're not on good terms. Sounds like the Big Top hasn't folded up its circus tents yet.

Back
Top Bottom