LOL @ Jets | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LOL @ Jets

What was the Joe Vitt thing?

As Chambers said, Gase hired his father-in-law as a consultant, and the guy is a crusty, old-school hardass. Although everyone remembers his beef with Ajayi in 2016, Gase was really more of a players' coach at that time... you could see it in how he interacted with the players and how they responded to him. After Vitt came on and he made some other staff changes, Gase became a lot more aloof, even with the press.

I think Vance Joseph was also a very good influence on him as far as his coaching style. Vance is definitely a players' coach and had a high degree of responsibility in that first season. I think the two of them working together resulted in a better team culture, more accountability for the staff, and more openness to change when things weren't working. What we've seen now with Gase in the last three seasons is coaching that is just incredibly insular. Not connecting with players, stonewalling the press, and very stubborn with respect to scheme, playcalling, and personnel assignments.

Gase is a smart person who knows a LOT of football. I still think there's a chance he salvages his head coaching career if he eats a massive serving of humble pie, but he's going to have to eat that quickly. At this rate I'm not sure he survives to week 17.

Gase likes diagramming plays and is just wickedly weak on the fundamentals. He is NOT HC material. Period. I don't even see him as anything special as an OC due to his profound inability to coach fundamentals. He's rather abstract in more than one way, and simply lacks the core understanding of the game -- especially when his "plan" gets effectively countered by the opposition. He's easy to beat because he cannot adjust and when stymied goes into recluse mode (typically sitting somewhere alone scribbling on his notepad). Currently he's the NFL poster boy for the Peter Principal -- which will soon be revised to the "Gase Principal!"

There's an entire thread on ganggreen -- really a fun read:

There's only 32 of them in the world, but i think he should of went a different route than becoming the Jets HC. Maybe become a consultant for a team and reevaluate himself and change somethings.

The Jets were a toxic situation before he got involved and it's only getting worse in part due to him.

Gase may ruin his reputation to the point that even Mannings word can't help get him a job. I still feel like he believes that wit the Jets hiring him right away that he was correct in it was everyone else fault except his own. I do hope the Jets keep him for a couple of years...it would be wonderful to continue to see that team head down a hole they can't get out from...although that recent GM hire may save them in the long run.

Colin's not wrong except about the Pats having the best secondary of all time. That honor is bestowed upon the Raiders "Soul Patrol."

I'll be surprised if Gase is the Jets coach after this season.

He is who we thought knew he was.

I find it hilarious that the Jets are experiencing the same **** we were and are actually Surprised by this.

I hope he has a nice long career with the Jets.

His presser today was abysmal. One of the worst I've seen. He is such a tool, I believed in the guy so there's that. 2016 really steered me wrong. I thought we had found the coach, wrong again. He says he hasn't spoken to Osemele because he's in the training room. Basically he only talks to the guys who are playing. They pushed him and he sucked.

The Jets are the only team that gets a franchise qb, spend over 100 million on free agents and then decides to tank for o-line.

Back
Top Bottom