LOL @ Jets | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LOL @ Jets

Mehta was all on the Gase hype at time if hire wasnt he?

I don't know...I know some were not happy with the hire, but others thought they stole a good one away from us. Not 100% sure how they thought that.

I don't know...I know some were not happy with the hire, but others thought they stole a good one away from us. Not 100% sure how they thought that.

That was a popular narrative this offseason that Gase is actually a really good coach but the Dolphins screwed him. Whether you like the front office or not, it should be clear that was never the case. In fairness, I thought Gase showed some really good qualities both in year 1 and 2, but they had all disappeared in year 3. I think Gase should have taken a year off or accepted a job as OC to rebuild his stock. Instead he thought he was getting the Cleveland job (legit one of the reasons he was eager to leave Miami is he thought him going to Cleveland was a formality) and then when that didn't happen he took the Jets job... because he was literally the only coach who said okay to the Jets front office picking some of his assistants for him

That was a popular narrative this offseason that Gase is actually a really good coach but the Dolphins screwed him. Whether you like the front office or not, it should be clear that was never the case. In fairness, I thought Gase showed some really good qualities both in year 1 and 2, but they had all disappeared in year 3. I think Gase should have taken a year off or accepted a job as OC to rebuild his stock. Instead he thought he was getting the Cleveland job (legit one of the reasons he was eager to leave Miami is he thought him going to Cleveland was a formality) and then when that didn't happen he took the Jets job... because he was literally the only coach who said okay to the Jets front office picking some of his assistants for him
I'm sure he regrets the front office selecting Williams. They rarely speak which has to cause issues in the locker room. He also was hired so fast that he didn'y have an opportunity for self refelction. If the Jets don't start playing better I can see him being 1 and done in NY.

how low these Jets fans have gone....from "playoffs here we come baby" to the real season is winning 4 out 7 against teams which are a combined 9-32. :lol:

I gave Gase hell before Dallas, Then after Monday i was ready to go back to hating him, but it was the Pats, who are going to the super bowl unless Mahomes, Jackson or Watson can perform a miracle in Foxboro in late Jan.

Don't get me wrong Monday was awful. But the true test comes now, Jags, Phins, Giants, Washington, Raiders, Bengals, phins. They are 7 very winnable football games. For me Gase needs at least 4 wins from those. If we only have 3 wins that means we'll have lost a game to the bengals, redskins or phins. Which is unacceptable and he can go. I can see how we might lose to raiders, giants and Jags, but we need 4 wins from the others. Otherwise Gase can go immediately.

C, you are too kind. I saw the cracks in the second year. Psychopaths cannot handle failure, I could see it coming. He started going off the rails the second year, and became the classic train wreck in the third.

The Ever Fan Of The Jets Loosing VIPER

I'm sure he regrets the front office selecting Williams. They rarely speak which has to cause issues in the locker room. He also was hired so fast that he didn'y have an opportunity for self refelction. If the Jets don't start playing better I can see him being 1 and done in NY.
he also crowbarred Joe Vitt onto William's staff as his spy and got pissed when Williams hired his son. Trainwreck waiting to happen!

Reactions: MD
He went and had shoulder surgery without Jets MD signing off on the need. The Jets say he could play without surgery.

Good for him taking care of himself.

Pick up and stash on IR please

For those that haven't seen the Kelechi Osemele/Jets saga, well let's just say not a good look for the Jets
I did read about it a little. The way I understand it is that the Jets medical staff wanted him to return declaring the injury as not a big deal and Osemele got 2nd and 3rd opinions which told him that the extend of the injury cannot be determined without a surgery. I guess in the end Osemele was right.
Did I get it right?

And I agree with you that the Jets will not look good in this saga.

I did read about it a little. The way I understand it is that the Jets medical staff wanted him to return declaring the injury as not a big deal and Osemele got 2nd and 3rd opinions which told him that the extend of the injury cannot be determined without a surgery. I guess in the end Osemele was right.
Did I get it right?

And I agree with you that the Jets will not look good in this saga.

Fairly close. Basically Osemele said he was injured the Jets said it wasn't bad and he could play. Osemele continued to have injuries, went to a doctor they said he needed surgery. Jets disagreed. He got another opinion and they said he had extensive shoulder damage and needed shoulder surgery.

Back
Top Bottom