Looking At The Board In Front Of Us For Tmrw | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looking At The Board In Front Of Us For Tmrw

BPA though, keep an open mind.

Is Josh Jackson a possibility? No question every team needs an identity and having a great secondary paid huge dividends for Seattke and Denver.

Does Miami like Mark Andrews and Ian Thomas to pass on a TE at 42 if Gesicki and Goedert are there and trade down. Taking a starting OL and start trying to move up and get your TE with your third selection.

Im continuing to swing for the fences after knocking it out of the park with Minkah.

if Will Hernandez is there at our pick we need to take him he will shore up the offensive line, we only have sitton for 2 years and davis is no lock to the position, we can get a te in the 3rd round

I would normally agree with this type of move. But if you can land a legitimate talented TE, I go get him.

If Rudolph goes to NYG he will have at his disposal the kind lf arsenal that can propel him well past the top QBs when you consider what the Jets and Bills are working with.

And with Barkley in the fold, Clevelands skill positions dont look as shiny as they couldve.

Beckham/Engram/Barkley.....so sick.

Carlos Hyde, Landry, Josh Gordon and Njoku ain't too shabby. Plus the Browns have a ton of picks to add even more weapons if they want.

Best available players: Day 2: 8. DE Harold Landry 13. CB Josh Jackson 21. C James Daniels 22. WR Courtland Sutton 26. DE Josh Sweat 28. T Connor Williams 29. DT Maurice Hurst 30. S Justin Reid 31. G Will Hernandez 33. CB Isaiah Oliver 36. RB Derrius Guice 38. S Jessie Bates

I would take Guice....also like Goedert at TE.

Yeah, trying to figure out who we'll have available is pointless.

What did you think tonight when we're sitting at 11 and ahead of us are Chicago, San Francisco and Oakland? Three teams who don't need QB's. Rosen's ours if we want him, right?

As soon as I saw the Cardinals logo come up on the screen, I said, "that's that!"

Same tomorrow. If a team wants a TE, there's not ONE GM in the game of pro football who isn't aware that Miami has no real TE's on the squad. So if they want Goedert, all they have to do is call the Raiders, who'll be happy to pick up some more draft picks again and screw up our plans if this is actually the player we want. You think the Cards didn't know that we might be lukewarm on Tannehill? You bet they did and they didn't take any chances.

Best available players: Day 2: 8. DE Harold Landry 13. CB Josh Jackson 21. C James Daniels 22. WR Courtland Sutton 26. DE Josh Sweat 28. T Connor Williams 29. DT Maurice Hurst 30. S Justin Reid 31. G Will Hernandez 33. CB Isaiah Oliver 36. RB Derrius Guice 38. S Jessie Bates

I would take Guice....also like Goedert at TE.

Goedert fits the biggest need and would be a stellar tandem of picks with Minkah.

However. Landry, M. Hurst, J.Jackson, Hernandez and J. Daniels have to be in the conversation.

If no TE's before 42 they could take the highest rated player on their board and them start trying to move up from 73.

I like both Goddert and Hernandez, but the player I want is Lorenzo Carter. He seemed to finally put it together this year and still has room for more improvement. At 6-5 250 and 34" arms, I thimk he will be very effective as an edge rusher. Not sure about his coverage ability, but he is athletic, so with his length he should be able to cover the TE. Maybe I am wrong, but I see him as more of a OLB than with his hand in the dirt.
very true DK I keep forgetting about him, he does not get a lot of press because of smith, but I see him as a outside lb, who cand also rush the passer on passing downs if needed

I’d like to see a trade up for Guice. That would solidify our run game and help take some pressure off of Tannehill.

I am not anticipating we take a RB.

I do love Ronald Jones as a possible 3rd pick.

Royce Freeman in the 4th maybe.

If we take one it will have to be because of extraordinary value.

Browns
Giants
Browns
Colts
Colts
Bucs
Bears
Broncos
Raiders
- US -

So I am looking at tight end, Goedert would be my first choice. Glad Hurst is gone already. Browns and Giants have Njoku / Engram. Colts resigned Doyle recently. Bucs have Brate and Howard. Bears have Shaheen, Burton, Sims. Broncos... Butt? Not sure who else. Raiders have Jared Cook.

So honestly the Broncos are probably the biggest threat to our path at a shot a new shiny tight end. Maybe the Raiders or Colts, OR someone trades up with one of those teams to jump us.

If we end up with Goedert or Gesicki I will be very content
Great run down. There are often trade ups early in new days, so that could upset the apple cart. But, I also am looking at TE Mike Gesicki and TE Dallas Goedert, plus for me, I would also add DT Maurice Hurst. Any one of those 3 would make me very happy. Those three represent perfect fits at positions of need and also arguably best player available when we pick as well ... arguably best players still available. I wouldn't be upset if we added RB Nick Chubb either though.

Browns
Giants
Browns
Colts
Colts
Bucs
Bears
Broncos
Raiders
- US -

So I am looking at tight end, Goedert would be my first choice. Glad Hurst is gone already. Browns and Giants have Njoku / Engram. Colts resigned Doyle recently. Bucs have Brate and Howard. Bears have Shaheen, Burton, Sims. Broncos... Butt? Not sure who else. Raiders have Jared Cook.

So honestly the Broncos are probably the biggest threat to our path at a shot a new shiny tight end. Maybe the Raiders or Colts, OR someone trades up with one of those teams to jump us.

If we end up with Goedert or Gesicki I will be very content

I agree, as I have been saying all off-season, we absolutely need to come out of this with a premium TE, and it makes me nervous that somwhere/sometime tomorrow, there will be a run on TEs. Goedert, Gesicki, or o_O maybe both if Miami decides to double dip at the position and Gesicki maybe drops more then he should.

Great run down. There are often trade ups early in new days, so that could upset the apple cart. But, I also am looking at TE Mike Gesicki and TE Dallas Goedert, plus for me, I would also add DT Maurice Hurst. Any one of those 3 would make me very happy. Those three represent perfect fits at positions of need and also arguably best player available when we pick as well ... arguably best players still available. I wouldn't be upset if we added RB Nick Chubb either though.

Ya Hurst not being talked about but adding Minkah and Hurst to go with McMillan and Robert Quinn essentially being added, thats a lot of defensive juice.

If all the TEs are still available at 42 you can come up fron 73.

Getting our TE with our selection would be a huge bonus to adding two immediate impact players at critical positions on D.

Darius Leonard and Ian Thomas could be steals in the third. Mark Andrews could easily find himself available in the third round. We might be able to fill one of those two needa with a quality third rounder.

Last edited:
Yeah, trying to figure out who we'll have available is pointless.

What did you think tonight when we're sitting at 11 and ahead of us are Chicago, San Francisco and Oakland? Three teams who don't need QB's. Rosen's ours if we want him, right?

As soon as I saw the Cardinals logo come up on the screen, I said, "that's that!"

Same tomorrow. If a team wants a TE, there's not ONE GM in the game of pro football who isn't aware that Miami has no real TE's on the squad. So if they want Goedert, all they have to do is call the Raiders, who'll be happy to pick up some more draft picks again and screw up our plans if this is actually the player we want. You think the Cards didn't know that we might be lukewarm on Tannehill? You bet they did and they didn't take any chances.

But we're not lukewarm on Tannehill. We suckered them. And it paid off in Fitzpatrick.

Josh Sweat and Lorenzo Carter are enticing. They could start off at SAM and eventually play DE full time.

Back
Top Bottom