Looking At The Board In Front Of Us For Tmrw | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looking At The Board In Front Of Us For Tmrw

We NEED a TE, if we don't get one of the two be it trade up or sitting there i'll consider it a failure.

Browns
Giants
Browns
Colts
Colts
Bucs
Bears
Broncos
Raiders
- US -

So I am looking at tight end, Goedert would be my first choice. Glad Hurst is gone already. Browns and Giants have Njoku / Engram. Colts resigned Doyle recently. Bucs have Brate and Howard. Bears have Shaheen, Burton, Sims. Broncos... Butt? Not sure who else. Raiders have Jared Cook.

So honestly the Broncos are probably the biggest threat to our path at a shot a new shiny tight end. Maybe the Raiders or Colts, OR someone trades up with one of those teams to jump us.

If we end up with Goedert or Gesicki I will be very content

Maybe they trade up. Remember, trades on the 2nd day happen every year. Since Keith Jackson left, I've been waiting for a dynamic TE. They fail me every year. The closest we've come to a dynamic TE since then is Randy McMichael.

So I would try to do this. Round 2 take DL Hurst and round 3 take LB Leonard. Make the defense strong, young, athletic. Then round 4 take QB Benkert, Faulk, or Lauletta and take TE Andrews, Smythe, Herndon, Fumagalli, or Thomas. Use both 6s to move into round 5 for RB Scarbrough or Kelly. Use round 7 to take a kicker.

One thing to consider with O-linemen being (arguably) over drafted is those units have been pretty bad for a while now ... making it harder to play defense and losing those athletes caught up before many realized. It's not just a Dolphins problem ... it's been league wide for a while now. Teams like Dallas are the anomalies when they used to be the norm.

Wynn was an odd pick (stop listing him at T already). The UCLA guy got way over drafted. Price's injury should've dropped him at least a little bit. Yet Hernandez is still there and Rankin and Okarafor will make teams happy in the last (5th?) few rounds. Gotta love football.

Don't be surprised if Wynn plays OT for the Patriots, excellent player with great movement skills- he's just a bit short for a Tackle but that won't stop him. Kolton Miller is a heck of a player, has some power and very good lateral movement/kickslide especially for a player of his size.

Don't be surprised if Wynn plays OT for the Patriots, excellent player with great movement skills- he's just a bit short for a Tackle but that won't stop him. Kolton Miller is a heck of a player, has some power and very good lateral movement/kickslide especially for a player of his size.

Color me shocked if Wynn plays T in the NFL at 6'2". Miller's okay but that was a very Juwuan James-esque pick ... I was thinking 3rd-5th.

looks good for us IF nobody trades ahead of us for Goedert

Trade back. We have our single high and Swiss Army knife still need a nickel range lb, a tight end, and a qb.

If possible trade back to 55 or 60 and pick up a late 3rd rounder in return.

Gives you three bites at the apple tonight to land all three.

When you make a pick like Minkah at 11 I think the immediate thought becomes trade back from 42.

Back
Top Bottom