Losing To The Bills Would Be The Best Thing To Happen To The Dolphins In Years | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Losing To The Bills Would Be The Best Thing To Happen To The Dolphins In Years

Always hope for a Dolphins win, makes me feel better. Unless there's a real obvious difference maker, draft position can bite me. Look at Vander Esch on the Cowboys - 19th overall

Excellent player and that game last night was easily the best and most entertaining game of the season.

That was the old NFL, with sustained defensive intensity from both sides all night and pockets collapsing. Awesome to watch.

Nothing wrong with not liking the ROI...and nothing wrong with not liking the product......but to call fans who don't want to see the team lose...being the reason for the Franchises problems and diminishing their intelligence for not seeing it his way is really not the way to get your point across....is it?
*sigh* Did you read my earlier posts? I'm going to assume you did - please point out where I defended the OP's idea?

Why?
Because if we lose to the Bills, then surely - surely - this long suffering fanbase's patience will snap.
I hope we lose to the Bills and the stadium echoes to thousands of fans chanting 'Fire Gase', 'Sell the team' etc.
Surely then, Ross will wake up and realize that we are disgusted with this franchise and finally some real change might happen.
I write as a season ticket holder for many years. It is terribly sad that it has come to this.

Seat sales are what Ross will see, not wins and losses.

I will NEVER root against the Fins. NEVER.
And against the Bills? Are you nucking futs

How about if we were a 3 win team, Buffalo was a three win team and there was a stud QB in the upcoming draft, and the loss enabled us to elect that player as the #1 pick rather than #2?

Fair enough. Kind of hard to enjoy the Dolphins though. The main thing is I want Gase gone, and we all know Ross' track record. If the failure isn't obvious, he'll keep the coach on board.

Yup i know, i hope for an enjoyable watch but chances are getting worse every week and that enjoyment is getting rarer. We had a taste early on last sunday at least, but its gotta end well.

I think it's a surprisingly big game for us considering where both teams are in the standings. I agree, lose here and the freefall probably starts. We probably then lose to NE and Minn and since then were are finally mathematically eliminated from any postseason talk, I could see us actually losing out and finishing at 5-11 and then blowing up the team. And that could come off the demoralizing loss last week. Looking at the positive side, though, which I can't help but do, we can consider we came within a play or two of beating a tough team on the road nobody thought we'd have a chance at and with a big win Sunday maybe it provides a spark to win at home vs. NE. If THAT happened, then who knows where the season could go. So yeah, I think it's a real turning point game for not just this season's team, but the whole coaching staff, too.

I can’t say I hope we lose but normally I go to 1-3 games a year and I live in LA but this year I didn’t because I don’t believe we are on the right track. Also I haven’t bought any merch this year (also because I still can’t get into the new logo) I’ll keep donating to Finheaven though because I’m on here everyday and it’s the best Dolphin site going. Gase and Tannehill is not working blow it up

How about if we were a 3 win team, Buffalo was a three win team and there was a stud QB in the upcoming draft, and the loss enabled us to elect that player as the #1 pick rather than #2?
I'd still punch them in the mouth.

Why?

Because if we lose to the Bills, then surely - surely - this long suffering fanbase's patience will snap.

I hope we lose to the Bills and the stadium echoes to thousands of fans chanting 'Fire Gase', 'Sell the team' etc.

Surely then, Ross will wake up and realize that we are disgusted with this franchise and finally some real change might happen.

I write as a season ticket holder for many years. It is terribly sad that it has come to this.

Doubt there will even be enough fans in attendance to call for Gase's head.

There is no such player so I dismiss your Dunning-Kruger effect.

Maybe I should bold it again. I will NEVER hope the Dolphins lose.

I don't root for the Dolphins to lose but I'll say that winning a couple of games will do nothing for us in the long run other than give us more 7-9 seasons. People think about draft position in the first round but when you draft high in the first round then you draft high in every round. This team needs more talent, specially elite talent and you normally get that by drafting high and smart. When we have the ball I want us to score. When we're on defense I want us to stop the other team but at the end of the game if we lose this Sunday I won't be upset cause we're not making the playoffs anyway.

Oh please......what a moronic thought process.

A fan of a team doesn't hope for the team to lose! Especially to a division rival.

You can make lemonade out of lemons when the season is over, but if you WANT to lose to the Bills, please don't tell us your a big picture fan and somehow the rest of us don't get it! The original post exhibits a loser mentality and thought process which you should expect some push back for when you posted this nonsense.

FINMAN1 is right........Screw the BILL's....Go Dolphins....!
Fans are responsible for the players and coaches selected not doing their job? wow! Did you pull something with that stretch?

Coming out of the pipe swinging at long standing members probably isn't going to go well chief.
What's the record on how fast someone has gotten an infraction after joining?

Am I supposed to have built up a collateral of sycophancy before a critical post?

Of course the fans aren't responsible for players and coaches not doing their job - they are however responsible for what is deemed acceptable in terms of franchise performance.

How can wanting us to lose one game exhibit a loser mentality? Surely the definition of a loser mentality is what the Dolphins have offered throughout Ross' tenure. Surely the definition of a loser mentality is being happy to beat the bills and win 8 games this season and have no concern that the team you follow appears to play a different sport compared to the Rams and the Chiefs?

Genuine question for those who have been critical of me - would you rather we be in the Cleveland Browns position as of this moment or the Miami Dolphins position as of this moment?

If it's the former then you have been hoisted by your own petard.

No matter where you draft you still need to pick the right person. Do you trust Miami to do that? So may as well win some games and hope they get lucky in the draft and pick the right player.

Back
Top Bottom