Loss To Cincy Hurt But Wasn't Tannehill's Fault | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Loss To Cincy Hurt But Wasn't Tannehill's Fault

I believe Tannehill is suffering from the David Carr syndrome. He hasn't had an offensive line for most of his career and when he sees people coming after him, he freaks out and makes mistakes. It's unfortunate, but it's time to move on.

The Patriots game was a flat out piss poor game by the whole team. The bengals the defense played tough and the special teams was pretty good. It was those 14 points off of freak plays that killed us. I'm still on board.

I have supported Tannehill but I'm done waiting. I believe Tannehill is capable of having good games. He'll make some great throws for you but the problem still remains, he doesn't have "it".
And the sad thing is IMO ..Tannehill knows he doesn't have “it”. He just can’t manufacture what every different head coach he’s had , wanted from him. Being a qb is not natural for him, so when the pressure is on and the “set” play is not developing...he just falls apart.
Too many excuses...its not rust....the FO for sure failed in not bringing in QB competition and a new QB....another failing of the FO...who should be on the list to go.

It took two weeks but today must be the "it is not Tannehill's fault" day.

No fault? Freak plays? When does it end? Tannehill literally gave 14 points directly to the Bengals and it is still not his fault or we chalk it up as "freak plays". Tannehill actually admitted that it was his fault and here we are: it is not his fault.

I've been defending Tannehill all week but he deserves at least 50% of this loss. Losing Tunsil was huge

It’s not even about Tannehill putting the team on his shoulders. He can’t . Fine. But he’s not even consistently managing the games. If You can’t be the reason Miami wins game then at least don’t be the reason Miami loses them.

Enough excuses for Ryan. He's a 7 year vet. In big moments he consistently folds. He is what he is. He's a decent starting QB who can make a playoff run with an elite team around him, but won't take you past the WC or divisional round because he shrinks when the lights are brightest.

We've been mired in purgatory waiting for him to become something he will not. It would have been better if he were just an outright bust because then we could have moved on after 2-3 years. Instead we wasted 7 years waiting for just average QB play. It's time to rip the bandaid off in the offseason.

I’m not a Tannehill guy but I’m really not putting this loss on him. This one is on Gase IMHO. Got a lead on the road and running the ball well. Why not go ultra conservative?

Tannehill is, at least, far more honest about his own performance than his Finheaven fan club.

Thus their motto: Tannehill cannot fail; he can only be failed.

RT and Gase lack a killer instinct. When we were up by 17 we went conservative. When Tunsil went out we went to ****!

The loss vs Cincy hurt. It hurt bad. Losing a game where you were up 3 scores on the road in the 2nd half, hurts. But one thing is for sure. The loss was NOT Tannehill’s fault.

http://www.finatics.com/144-loss-to-cincy-hurt-but-wasn-t-tannehill-s-fault

Is it just me or does any other fins fan get really upset when you see a bottom dwelling team turns it around and becomes champion or simply just better team ? It wasn't too long ago when the Rams were a terrible team but look at them now. Same for the Iggles, we even helped them a little bit. OMG ! are the Browns going to win the superbowl before our dolphins get better !

In my life time as a fan of this team, we have had two rebuilding years; once in the 90s under Jimmah and the Sporano lead team. The other times are just "retooling". My point is we never go all out to rebuild. Players always get traded, coaches get sacked and GM too. The saddest part about that is the coaches come in cut players so they can get "their" players or "his system fit " Adam players. Once they did, at least, for us it never works. Because they are forgetting one main ingredient to winning is continuity. For me as a Dolphins fan, Adam Gase from hire to now has never got me excited. His hire was a mistake by any standard, moreover; he has gotten rid of two many players for stupid reasons.

well this is kinda what i was saying in another thread...we change coaches every 3 years...a new coach comes in, rids the team of the last regimes players to get their own and by that time the coach is out the door and the next coach starts the process again, its a vicious cycle...

I believe Tannehill is suffering from the David Carr syndrome. He hasn't had an offensive line for most of his career and when he sees people coming after him, he freaks out and makes mistakes. It's unfortunate, but it's time to move on.
thats a very good point, i remember some posters here expressing that concern about tannehill going the way of david carr after like his 2nd or 3rd season when he passed carr in being sacked

Back
Top Bottom