Loss To Cincy Hurt But Wasn't Tannehill's Fault | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Loss To Cincy Hurt But Wasn't Tannehill's Fault

I'm trying to imagine Dalton doing what Tannehill did under identical circumstances, and a post anywhere saying it wasn't his fault.

On this forum a Dalton giveaway like that would be used as punch line reference point for at least a half dozen years, as in..."unless they Dalton it to us."

Geno Atkins was ragdolling the backups at O-line. It was sad. Tannehill isn't top tier and routinely goes back to piss-poor decisions, but even Drew Brees would get murdered behind this line.

In the 4th quarter it god bad. And don’t put Drew Brees in Tannehill’s shoes in regards to pocket presence and improvising and how he would perform behind our offensive line and assume the results would be some sort of tragedy. Tannehill diehards love doing that **** and its gotten sooooo old.

What I saw from 3 quarters out of that group was very acceptable oline play in today’s NFL. Hell I would go as far to say the group overachieved.

On the road? Against a very physical Cincy front that manhandled us 2 years ago . . . We had a much better performance this year.

Now yea when Tunsil went down it was open season and they smelled blood, no denying that.

But at some point your damn offense needs to manufacture more points prior to that Tunsil injury. People act like this wanna be perfect offense and point out every blemish is some sort of sustainable tactic and that it is fair to deflect blame from the group . . . That is a terrible thought process.

The lion’s share of our resources have been on offense since Gase got here and yet the PPG by that group has been near the bottom of the league.

Ryan absolutely needs to stay in there every single game and try to right this ship, but acting like he isn’t part of the problem with this offense, in addition to other things of course, can and will fall on deaf ears at this point.

Tannehill admitted the loss was on him.

Did he? I can respect that, but I didn't even want to watch. I am tired of hearing the same ole excuses. ...We need to get better at this...I need to make that play...blah, blah, blah! Tannehill needs to change his nice guy attitude and take control. Instead of waiting for things to happen, he needs be assertive and make things happen. Tannehill, wake the **** up and start playing with some urgency!

Did he? I can respect that, but I didn't even want to watch. I am tired of hearing the same ole excuses. ...We need to get better at this...I need to make that play...blah, blah, blah! Tannehill needs to change his nice guy attitude and take control. Instead of waiting for things to happen, he needs be assertive and make things happen. Tannehill, wake the **** up and start playing with some urgency!

I’m not counting on him to change. It’s been 7 years

In my life time as a fan of this team, we have had two rebuilding years; once in the 90s under Jimmah and the Sporano lead team. The other times are just "retooling". My point is we never go all out to rebuild. Players always get traded, coaches get sacked and GM too. The saddest part about that is the coaches come in cut players so they can get "their" players or "his system fit "

This is the truth. Since Sparano Miami has kept a coach - fired a GM, fired a coach - kept the GM, hired a coach - kept the QB - fired the GM....

I’m not counting on him to change. It’s been 7 years

I am not either. There have been times like when Philbin wouldn't give him a vote of confidence where Tannehill has played with assertiveness and urgency, but those times are too far and few. As you said, we have had 7 years to see what he can become. We need a difference maker at QB not a zombie. Tannehill can hold the clipboard and be the backup.

But if you look closely at the 3-0 it really wasn’t much offense. Take the short fields and gimmick plays away and you have pizza crumbs left.

3-0 is still 3-0 man. They won by the following formula:

1. limit mistakes (not in all areas)
  2. play defense
  3. take the ball away
  4. score off turnovers
It wasn't "gimmicks" that won those games. First three games Miami was +4 in turnovers last two -2. Penalties continue to be a problem, you had one clean game in week 2 (2 penalties) the rest have been terrible for penalties. Third down conversions are also problematic (play calling not great here and that's on Gase).

So when you increase the mistakes and decrease 2, 3 & 4 you'll lose every week regardless. If they clean up their game against the Bears Miami can win. If not it's 3-3.

3-0 is still 3-0 man. They won by the following formula:

1. limit mistakes (not in all areas)
  2. play defense
  3. take the ball away
  4. score off turnovers
It wasn't "gimmicks" that won those games. First three games Miami was +4 in turnovers last two -2. Penalties continue to be a problem, you had one clean game in week 2 (2 penalties) the rest have been terrible for penalties. Third down conversions are also problematic (play calling not great here and that's on Gase).

So when you increase the mistakes and decrease 2, 3 & 4 you'll lose every week regardless. If they clean up their game against the Bears Miami can win. If not it's 3-3.
The offense has been largely ineffective for five games. Can you win this way? Sure. If all the stars align.

Gase and RT. RT and Gase. Finkle and Einhorn.

He will play good against Chicago, and we will win. And the debate will continue. We have been on this merry go round for SEVEN years. If he cant win a championship we are just wasting more time.

I have supported Tannehill but I'm done waiting. I believe Tannehill is capable of having good games. He'll make some great throws for you but the problem still remains, he doesn't have "it". He doesn't take over games. He still have problems buying time in the pocket. If the play is there from the start he can make the throws. He has a great arm and he's a hard worker he tries his best. For that I give him credit but I have to face the facts and the fact is that we're not going to win with him.

To make it all worse, our FO/HC gave him a contract that we can not get out of till the 2020 season and even then it'll cost us 5.56mill on dead money but that's better than the 13mill it'd cost us to get rid of him after this season so expect him to be on the team for the 2019 season unless some crazy team trades for him.
Join the Tua 2020 fan club

But at some point your damn offense needs to manufacture more points prior to that Tunsil injury. People act like this wanna be perfect offense and point out every blemish is some sort of sustainable tactic and that it is fair to deflect blame from the group . . . That is a terrible thought process.

The lion’s share of our resources have been on offense since Gase got here and yet the PPG by that group has been near the bottom of the league.

Ryan absolutely needs to stay in there every single game and try to right this ship, but acting like he isn’t part of the problem with this offense, in addition to other things of course, can and will fall on deaf ears at this point.

This is what I find fault with more than any fumbles or interceptions. To be up 17-0 at one point in the game and then lose the game in less than a half 27-17 means they proceeded to be shut out in what was a lop-sided couple of quarters. There's no golden excuse for why this offense doesn't do more.

Of course, it's Tannehill's fault. It's his offense.

Tannehill getting killed by the fan base for making 1 critical error on a broken play, Nate Burelson even said during haftime he is quietly having a good career and that all changes because of 1 stupid play, sure. He will bounce back against Chicago as well as the team, just like we bounced back against CIN until Tunsil got hurt. This team will make the playoffs because of Tannehill, and all of you fools will be proven wrong. Cincinnati is one of the best teams in the league, and we were missing the majority of our starting offensive line but it's all Tannehill's fault. How about Charles Harris not being able to make a play with an open path to the QB or Parker being out again, great picks FO. Meanwhile that idiot Ireland is flourishing in NO, what a smart and loyal fan base we have LOL!
It doesn't matter if he has an OK game against the Bears. He already showed during the Pats and Bengals games that he can't be counted on when the chips are down.

It's a joint effort, coaching staff and players. Too many penalties by the OL have put us in third and long which in turn leads to Gase playing it safe and punting. Sam Young comes in offers no resistance, coaching staff should adjust and help with the RBs or TEs but instead keep him on an island while calling more complex developing plays. Tannehill needs to stop trusting his protection and use his legs to move the sticks cause there's going to be nothing resembling a pocket with two or more starters out. If he really is injured then he needs to stand aside cause he's doing no one any favours if he can't use his legs.

I'm ready to start Brock just because. I don't think he's any better, but I also don't think he's any worse.

It doesn't matter if he has an OK game against the Bears. He already showed during the Pats and Bengals games that he can't be counted on when the chips are down.

Bulls***, the Pats game was a complete team loss and he made 1 critical error in the Bengals game. He will learn from it and improve, the team will play great against Chi and our stupid fans will think it's a fluke like the first 3 weeks, as opposed to the last 2 lol.

Back
Top Bottom