Marino 4th best ever bahind Elway and Favre | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino 4th best ever bahind Elway and Favre

as a Pats fan I can say this...Mr.Marino put the biggest "Hurt "on
the Pats then any other player I have seen in my 35 years as a
Pats fan...He was The Best QB of my lifetime and if he had played
in New England we would have won 10 Super Bowls...and the thing
that has killed me for years was the Pats picked Mrs.mary eason
over Dan Marino

Those rankings mean nothing to me. Each generation have different top 10 players. My father always say Jim Brown is best running back ever. I told him that Barry Sanders is the best one, but he disagree...well...lol. 15 years from now, a small percentage of fans will remember Marino, Favre, Moon, Kelly, Montana, and Elway because new generation of fans didnt watch them play. So, the rankings means nothing, the only thing is meaningful is what you remembers. 20 years from now, you will be telling stories to your grandkids about Marino playing. Grandkids will ask you, who the heck is Marino and tell you somebody else is better and you will be arguing with them, same as you and your parents......In end polls and charts and lists means nothing..

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a good post Dolbert. I agree. Unless someone 20 years from now studies Marino's career they won't have any opinion on him. Just like now I hear about Johnny U but I never saw what he did so I dont really know.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
What a joke. Dan is the best QB ever. Putting Elway or Favre ahead of him is a joke.

Best pure passer, yes. Best qb, all around qb , no.

Favre is a joke. I might give him some respect when refs stop handing him bull**** calls at Lambeau.

Look at the double standard here.

Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas suck b/c they never won a ring...
The 90's Bills are chokers b/c they lost 4 SB's...
Right?

-Marino didn't get a ring either
-Marino also has a 0% win pct in the SB
-Marino couldn't beat the Bills in the playoffs in the 90's.... he didn't even get a chance to lose

But Marino is the greatest QB of all time, a winner, a leader, champion etc....

Think about that, then think about the **** you guys pull on us. I don't think I need to explain myself further. You guys are pretty smart.

Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
Look at the double standard here.

Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas suck b/c they never won a ring...
The 90's Bills are chokers b/c they lost 4 SB's...
Right?

-Marino didn't get a ring either
-Marino also has a 0% win pct in the SB
-Marino couldn't beat the Bills in the playoffs in the 90's.... he didn't even get a chance to lose

But Marino is the greatest QB of all time, a winner, a leader, champion etc....

Think about that, then think about the **** you guys pull on us. I don't think I need to explain myself further. You guys are pretty smart.

You need to start using a stats site Billy fan.

Hows this. Marino was the greatest Qb never to win a SB.

Billy was probably the best team EVER, to NEVER win a SB.

FEEL BETTER?

No one circles the Sb's like Barfly Billy......

I don't disagree with the rankings other than Farve ahead of Marino.Jim Kelly should be a little higher...

Montana
Elway
Marino

You can't go wrong anyways you rank those three.

If I was making the list I'm totally biased but I truly believe Dan Marion was best at being a drop back sit in the pocket QB.
2. Joe Montana
3. John Elway
4. Brett Farve
5. Johnny U
6. Frank Tark
7. Steve Young
8. Warren Moon
9. Dan Fouts
10. Jim Kelly

Look for Vick and Manning to enter that relm sometime soon

Danny, in my mind is the best QB ever....even over my boy Kelly
Marino owned every team but 1......great qb

Originally posted by Muck
I still think he's the best. Does anyone think Marino wouldn't have won on Farve's '96 team?? Elway's '97/'98 teams?? Or how about any of Montana's SB teams?? Montana said it himself, if they had switched places, Dan would probably have had more rings than Joe.

I got an idea......would Favre, Elway, or Montana have won titles in Miami?? I don't think so.

Totaly agree Muck. I think is sily for anyone to say that Marino wasn't the best ever just cos his team didn't win the superbowl.Montana wasn't even close to be better and neither was Elway imo.

Ozzy rules!!

Dan hammered those records into the books so deep they will stand for a long long time, maybe forever. All the rest will be forgotten, Dan will be remembered because his name will always be there. In 2025 when some QB breaks 40,000 passing yards up will come the QB stats and Dans name will be @ the top of the list. It doesnt matter what we think now or who the hot QB is in the future, Dans records will always be the measure and the constant reminder of how great a QB he was will always be there, every sunday in some colorful graphic display. The passing of time will enhance Dannys stature in a huge way.

Originally posted by justafan
He is the greatest passer, not the greatest leader.

and how do you qualify this, what attributes make him not a greaat leader, he was as ferce as any QB I've seen, guiding his each game..Hungary for the win, off the field model citizen, on the field a motivator, a follow me guy. So I would like for you to explain your statement.

Back
Top Bottom