Massive haul in the draft | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Massive haul in the draft

I can't see Miami going DT & DE with their 1st two picks as someone mentioned earlier.
They need a dynamic player on offense. Someone like Waddle to go along with Williams, Parker, Gesickie makes too much sense.
It seems as if the potential of the lower, of Miami's two 1st round picks could be earmarked for the Big Play Speedy, WR the offense needs. Parker, Williams, Gesicki and Ford are very underrated IMHO. What's missing is the Slot WR. Not sure how high Miami would take a WR but there is definitely a need, especially since 2 opted out this year.

If Hunt. Jackson and Kindley continue with their apparent upside and development, Miami might just skip drafting an OL until the later part of the 2021 draft; if at all.

Hopefully they'll fix the LB. DE and FS, positions and find a Slot Reciever, as well as, a more physical RB.

I would think (hope) we're looking at game changer IMPACT dudes in impact positions

like Edge, LB, WR, RB. We need some difference makers on both sides of the ball.

A certified terrorist on D would be absolutely delicious coupled with a HR hitting Stud RB + Slot Monster.

That said, I'm really interested to see how Bowden + Perry develop latter in the year.

Actually one of the bigger surprises for me = Perry hasn't seen live action.

Tho he was always hooked up with Tua in TC. You see Tua = you see Perry...

It seems as if the potential of the lower, of Miami's two 1st round picks could be earmarked for the Big Play Speedy, WR the offense needs. Parker, Williams, Gesicki and Ford are very underrated IMHO. What's missing is the Slot WR. Not sure how high Miami would take a WR but there is definitely a need, especially since 2 opted out this year.

Against a good secondary Parker and Williams and the rest can't separate to give the QB some non-contested throws. Everything is contested and tight windows..
Look at how New England played our group vs. How they played Seattle's or KC's?

You need guys that can move to complement your offense.
Speed at the skillset position is a must in today's NFL.

I would think (hope) we're looking at game changer IMPACT dudes in impact positions

like Edge, LB, WR, RB. We need some difference makers on both sides of the ball.

A certified terrorist on D would be absolutely delicious coupled with a HR hitting Stud RB + Slot Monster.

That said, I'm really interested to see how Bowden + Perry develop latter in the year.

Actually one of the bigger surprises for me = Perry hasn't seen live action.

Tho he was always hooked up with Tua in TC. You see Tua = you see Perry...
Without a doubt a Big Play Speedy Slot WR is in play somewhere in Miami's 1st. They were looking to draft the kid, San Francisco selected, before Miami could, in 2020. Gotta believe that still holds true for the 2021 draft.

Against a good secondary Parker and Williams and the rest can't separate to give the QB some non-contested throws. Everything is contested and tight windows..
Look at how New England played our group vs. How they played Seattle's or KC's?

You need guys that can move to complement your offense.
Speed at the skillset position is a must in today's NFL.
We need some Albert Wilsons, dammit!

We need some Albert Wilsons, dammit!

I don't know if Alber Wilson will ever regain his explosiveness.
But if you're staring at a chance to pick someone like Waddle I don't know how you turn that down because you have Albert Wilson.
Waddle has Tyreek Hill type of acceleration and top-end speed.

igbo has been a disaster. you didn't see him til late in the game yesterday because with jones back he got benched and they played needham inside. hardly a star in the making when your 1st round corner is sitting behind an udfa.
Igbo has been very impressive- the raw ability was sick.

hes the youngest player in the NFL

he has been asked to follow the best receivers - 3 weeks in a row for literally 5 6 seconds all over the field. Zero pass rush.

igbo is a beast!

plus Flores threw everything on him.

it’s his 3rd year playing defense .

trist me we crushed the Igbo pick!

igbo has been a disaster. you didn't see him til late in the game yesterday because with jones back he got benched and they played needham inside. hardly a star in the making when your 1st round corner is sitting behind an udfa.

:bobdole:

It's obvious you made this post without an ounce of research.

Tua is the only one who matters. Anyone who believes otherwise is kidding themselves. In fact, that opinion is far more shortsighted than anyone who is impatient with rookies.

Fast forward to 3-4 years from now. The Miami Dolphins will be defined by Tua. It is too early to logically expect the franchise to have moved on from him, if he falters. But 3-4 years from now these rookie linemen will be headed toward a second contract. If they are as good as current indications they will want to get paid. The league is more than willing to accommodate. Miami will have a very difficult time keeping all or even most of them, especially if Tua does shine and is on the verge of a massive contract of his own.

That's why it is all about Tua, and especially how he fares on the rookie contract. The pieces come and go.

The best drafts in Dolphin history were 1967 through 1970. They provided the core of the championship teams. The inaugural 1966 draft was a total flop other than Howard Twilley.

But if the Dolphins had failed on the second swing at a quarterback -- Bob Griese in 1967 -- after totally whiffing on Rick Norton as top pick in 1966, then all those names from the 1967 through 1970 drafts don't look the same at all. Obscure or semi-obscure. Griese was the key. Younger fans who are fixated on stats alone have no clue about that. That team wasn't winning anything of note without Bob Griese, and how incredibly smart and resourceful and unselfish he was.

Agree with most comments here. I think 1st round pick should be bpa that is a pass rusher dL or lb. second pick in 1st round could be speedy wr like waddle or best te in America who can’t be covered one on one and that’s the gators te Kyle Pitts who is a wr in a te body. Can play slot or wide or in line or HB. Pair him with Gesicki and now offense can’t be covered.
In second round looking for a beast center and beast rb To the super bowl we go. Rest of picks can plug defensive holes

Back
Top Bottom