Matt Patricia | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Patricia

Coughlin is 70 with a losing record the past 4 years, Shanahan built his name off Elway, although I like what he can possibly do for tannehill and how much he believes in him. And the AFC East isn't that tough, Brady is nearing 40 and soon to retire, the Jets are a one year wonder the size of the sparano led 2008 Dolphins, and the Bills are nasty but Rex Ryan is an underachiever.
Funny that Elway never got a ring until Shanahan came in, established a solid OL and turned late round picks into 1000 yard rushers. In fact, Elway made significant improvement under Shanahan and I would expect he would do well with Tannehill.

As for the AFC East not being that tough it is arguably the best division in the AFC. Not sure what you're basing your assumptions on but Brady isn't slowing down and if the Jets get a QB watch out.

The Giants' defensive talent is inferior to the Dolphins' defensive talent.

It's real bad. The biggest problem there is Jerry Reese, IMO. Specifically, watch their linebackers. They would kill to have even Jelani Jenkins or Koa Misi starting for them.

The fact they even won 6 games with that **** show of a defense is a miracle in and of itself.

Don't be pissed off because your guy isn't getting hired by anyone and is Belichick's errand boy. Not my fault you're naive.

Says the guy who plays too much Madden, a 70 year old coach and Shanahan who had 5 out of 6 losing seasons his last 6 years. If you disagree that's fine but you're only coming off as stupid for insulting me for my opinion , especially since your picks are just the big names for no good apparent reason. If you would've said Sean Payton then I can respect that since he's young and still has a lot to prove. But you're naming has-beens. Quite frankly Stephen Ross is a moron so he'd probably go with the hires you suggested so take that as a hint of what that tells you about yourself :chuckle:

I'm well aware. And 2 years off, big whoop. Say something smart before you insult me, he won the Super Bowl 5 years ago; and fact is he's had a losing record since; you haven't even refuted those facts. Coughlin was a great coach but he's worn out. He can't even win with Eli and OBJ.

I have not insulted you..yet.
I am already on double secret Gonzo probation lol
A change of scenery and Coughlin will be fine.

Says the guy who plays too much Madden, a 70 year old coach and Shanahan who had 5 out of 6 losing seasons his last 6 years. If you disagree that's fine but you're only coming off as stupid for insulting me for my opinion , especially since your picks are just the big names for no good apparent reason. If you would've said Sean Payton then I can respect that since he's young and still has a lot to prove. But you're naming has-beens. Quite frankly Stephen Ross is a moron so he'd probably go with the hires you suggested so take that as a hint of what that tells you about yourself :chuckle:

I'm very sorry to disappoint you, but I haven't played Madden in about 5 years. Got bored with it. And Payton would be my top choice, but he isn't coming here, so... Yeah. I'll take proven winners over glorified interns. Just quit while you're well behind. You make yourself sound dumber with every post.

Funny that Elway never got a ring until Shanahan came in, established a solid OL and turned late round picks into 1000 yard rushers. In fact, Elway made significant improvement under Shanahan and I would expect he would do well with Tannehill.

As for the AFC East not being that tough it is arguably the best division in the AFC. Not sure what you're basing your assumptions on but Brady isn't slowing down and if the Jets get a QB watch out.
Never said Brady was slowing down but I doubt he'd play till he's past 41. The Jets aren't that great man, if they get a Qb yea. And as I said, Shanahan would benefit Tannehill a lot. But there's no denying that Shanahan's career has died down since Elway retired. If you pair him with a great defensive coordinator I think he'd be great. But I don't want Coughlin at all, he's way too old.

I'm very sorry to disappoint you, but I haven't played Madden in about 5 years. Got bored with it. And Payton would be my top choice, but he isn't coming here, so... Yeah. I'll take proven winners over glorified interns. Just quit while you're well behind. You make yourself sound dumber with every post.
Took too much time away from your jerking off? Lol. History is on my side, I suggest you read up on retreads, they don't do so good with the exception of Holmgren in Seattle, you just go with the big name cause you know nothing about football. And much less a guy who is 70 years old, and hasn't been able to resolidify the Giants in 5 years. I sound dumb though?

Never said Brady was slowing down but I doubt he'd play till he's past 41. The Jets aren't that great man, if they get a Qb yea. And as I said, Shanahan would benefit Tannehill a lot. But there's no denying that Shanahan's career has died down since Elway retired. If you pair him with a great defensive coordinator I think he'd be great. But I don't want Coughlin at all, he's way too old.

Coughlin has a very good network of coaches and assistant coaches. He would improve the quality of the organization across the board.
Plus he will not take any shiit from Tannenbaum.
So if he coaches for 3-5 more years, the franchise will be in great shape when he finally retires.

I have not insulted you..yet.
I am already on double secret Gonzo probation lol
A change of scenery and Coughlin will be fine.

Calling me clueless qualifies as an insult, like I said I'm just voicing my opinion; no need to be like that. I just feel Coughlin is worn down, and how many years can he realistically give us at his age? I just don't see it. He was a great coach and the Giants are my 2nd favorite team cause of him and Eli spoiling the Pats show twice lol; but I'm just being realistic.

The only coaches we've had with a winning record had prior NFL coaching experience. That was Jimmy Johnson and Wanny. Cameron, Sparano, and Philbin were all successful coordinators and you guys still want to hire a successful coordinator? That's the defination of insanity.

The only coaches we've had with a winning record had prior NFL coaching experience. That was Jimmy Johnson and Wanny. Cameron, Sparano, and Philbin were all successful coordinators and you guys still want to hire a successful coordinator? That's the defination of insanity.

On the flip side, a number of coaches have been promoted from the coordinator ranks who went on to be great NFL head coaches. While I personally prefer to hire someone with experience given our particular situation, you can't simply dismiss promising coaches because they are inexperienced. Odds are that at least one of these guys winds up being a dynamite here.

Took too much time away from your jerking off? Lol. History is on my side, I suggest you read up on retreads, they don't do so good with the exception of Holmgren in Seattle, you just go with the big name cause you know nothing about football. And much less a guy who is 70 years old, and hasn't been able to resolidify the Giants in 5 years. I sound dumb though?

Yeah I'm sure you'd know plenty about jerking off wouldn't ya? And yeah, you sound incredibly dumb when you put stuff like you just did. Just because 'history is on your side' doesn't mean you're correct when it comes to hiring these guys over a doughnut boy like Patricia. Listen, you're entitled to your opinion just like anyone else, but I wholeheartedly disagree.

There's not many good options though. Unless we can lure Cowher or Gruden. Jim Mora Jr is another guy I like for us. Sean Payton would be great but I doubt he'd come here.

Back
Top Bottom