McGinest and Law fake injuries allow New England to bring in an extra LB and DE...... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McGinest and Law fake injuries allow New England to bring in an extra LB and DE......

Originally posted by DPlus47

with the way coaches copy each other, the nfl is going to look like an italian professional soccer league with all the faked injuries. inside 2:00, if you get hurt and cause the game to be stopped and your team doesn't have a timeout, you should leave the game for good.

I might be wrong on this, but I think if you have an injury inside 2 minutes and no timeouts -- and you're losing -- then it's a penalty. Does this sound familiar to anyone else? What made the NE ploy (if it was one) interesting is that they were ahead but needed to slow things down, since Manning was just throwing at will against them. That's an unusual situation.

My first thought when Ty Law was limping around at that same time was that he's just trying to draw the throw on the next play. It just looked too obvious. Or maybe there was some mixup about which player was supposed to be 'injured.'

In retrospect, it's probably too bad for the Colts that they got the ball down to the 2-yard line. If they'd needed to score from the 8, Manning probably throws a TD. The Pats looked hopeless against him.

I think you're right though: even if the injury was legit, if there's no way to stop it with the rules we'll see it again at some point. It's not often you have a lead late and want to stop the clock, but it's bound to happen.

Removing the injured player for the rest of the half is an interesting idea, but it might be overkill.

Here's another one, that won't solve the problem but would limit the ploy's usefulness a little: you cannot make any substitutions except for the 'injured' player. No changing your DF package, no fresh DBs, etc.

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
sore losers huh? i really don't care about the injuries (real or faked)...i don't care about that...if they were faked...and it worked to their advantage i would say...smart idea...but we really are not sore losers...just really frustrated.

You see...if Mare made the FG's like he should...we would have won...I know if this or if that...its frustrating to watch the Pats win games all season the way they have this year. Yes...they are winning but the ball does bounce their way quite a bit...come Sunday...we'll see how we match-up against the AFC East leader...i'm sure that if things were turned around...all you Pats fans would be just as frustrated as us Fin Fans are right now.

Pats may be 10-2 but they are not that great...like everyone is making them out to be...that's just my opinion now!!!
sal, your opinion is shared by many. of course the way the penalties were going shoots down the theory the league is trying to give ithe championship to the pats!;)

I think it should be a rule (if it's not allready). I mean, ti really killed The Colt's momentum. Sure, they had questionable play calls, but they were rolling up to that point. We'll never really know what COULD have happened had the momentum been kepped. As it is, Indy couldn't put it in from the 4. Though it's still a sleezy way to win.

I'm a true dolphins fan, but do you like to watch other teams? I have the dolphins as my favorite for sure, but I've always respected the Colts (though it's easy that they moved out of our division), Buc's, etc. A few other teams that I feel play good football or have good potential. However, Pats (and Jets) are on the bottom of the pile. They just plain play sleezy, and skunk out too much. I truely hate the Jets, and i'm really coming to detest the Pats as well.

Originally posted by Graythreat
I think it should be a rule (if it's not allready). I mean, ti really killed The Colt's momentum. Sure, they had questionable play calls, but they were rolling up to that point. We'll never really know what COULD have happened had the momentum been kepped. As it is, Indy couldn't put it in from the 4. Though it's still a sleezy way to win.

I'm a true dolphins fan, but do you like to watch other teams? I have the dolphins as my favorite for sure, but I've always respected the Colts (though it's easy that they moved out of our division), Buc's, etc. A few other teams that I feel play good football or have good potential. However, Pats (and Jets) are on the bottom of the pile. They just plain play sleezy, and skunk out too much. I truely hate the Jets, and i'm really coming to detest the Pats as well.
HOORAY! :D

Actually all this talk makes me really want to beat the Pats because of a bad call or with last minute heroics. That would be great!!!

Originally posted by Graythreat

I'm a true dolphins fan, but do you like to watch other teams?
believe it or not, because of billichick, i kinda like the pats. when ever they play the dolphins though, a black cloud shrouds everything and they must lose.

i always like the underdog in games.

Friggin Jets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Re: Fake injuries

Originally posted by Kenny_Stang

So in the end the Pats are nothing but lucky pu$$ys who must break the rules to win games 'cause that can't win legitamately, and that ladies and gentlemen is what distinguishes the boys (Patriots) from the men (Dolphins).

Break the rules? Don't you think they would've been penalized if they broke the rules? Don't you think the league would've addressed that situation if it were against the rules? Teams have done that time and again. Do I think it's fair? No. but what can be done to fix it? Don't put yourself (Colts) in that situation and you won't have to deal w/ it.

Just like the no call against the Giants last year, if they didn't put themselves in that situation, that no call wouldn't be an issue. It's hardly breaking the rules.

Being a fan of an AFCE team, I wanted the Colts to win but it was the brains fo Bellichick that got them that win.

Re: Re: Re: Fake injuries

Originally posted by justafan
Being a fan of an AFCE team, I wanted the Colts to win but it was the brains fo Bellichick that got them that win.
i don't think it was so much the brains of bellichick, it was the stupidity of the colts OC. you send james up the middle twice and he gets stuffed, try a pass that is thrown out of bounds and whaen that goes haywire you send james up the middle again. wtf is that?!:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Z28&dolfan
Actually all this talk makes me really want to beat the Pats because of a bad call or with last minute heroics. That would be great!!!

You actually should of beat us on a bad call, that out of bounds catch in OT. But unlike the Pats, Miami did not capitalize on their oppurtunity.

Not really sure why this an issue but I will fill in a couple facts.

1. Willie said after the game that he was hurt, and he also said that he would never fake an injury in a game like that. While I dont know for sure if he was hurt and either does anyone else for that matter and the guy that posted that he admitted not being hurt is lying. My understanding was that it was a cramp, and considering them being on the field for the better part of the 4th quarter that does not seem to be out of the question.

2. The rule as I understand it allows for a player on the definsive side with no time outs to have one injury time out in the final 4 minutes after that it become a 5 yard penalty for delay of game. The Patriots did not make any changes to the players on the field with the exception of Matt Chatam who replaced Wille.

3. If anyone says the reason the Patriots won that football game is because the Patriots had an injury time out is nuts, if you want to play the blame game blame the Colts, they were the team that could not get it from the 2 yard line with 4 chances.

Originally posted by pats4life

3. If anyone says the reason the Patriots won that football game is because the Patriots had an injury time out is nuts, if you want to play the blame game blame the Colts, they were the team that could not get it from the 2 yard line with 4 chances.

if there had been a penalty for the injury, the colts would have just kept failing. the pats would have won anyway. i don't want to see players flopping around inside two minutes, though, and it is a copycat league.

Originally posted by Section126
So "willie" tells you he didn't fake it...and of course you believe him.

go away homer.

Hey I am only telling the facts as I have them,please if you have some insight or proof of wrong doing please by all means fill me in, and you know what when a 10 year vet and muliple pro bowler says that he got a cramp and has never had a history of anything bellow board yea I will take his word for it. If it was Jason Taylor or Zack Thomas laying there would you not belive them?

Back
Top Bottom