McMike vote | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McMike vote

Ozzy said:
He should have never laid his mitts ....

Hell no! That's A.J.'s job!

I didn't vote because I, too, am waiting for a resolution. But I wouldn't be opposed to some team action. We hear all the time about suspensions or other discipline administered in response to "conduct detrimental to the team."

This incident didn't happen on the field, but to assume it won't have some impact on the team is a bit of a broad assumption -- particularly since there seems to be a pattern forming here. And regardless of legal or moral issues, there is a team dynamic to be addressed here.

ptmn said:
No action, because his wife probably got out of line and needed to be hit. She needs to learn Randy is making a lot of money and shouldn't set him off, or she'll be dealt with. Women think they can do too much and McMic ain't having that. He's my boy and he should play right away.

There is NEVER a reason to hit a woman... JUST WALK AWAY!!!

Most posts have said lets the courts decide the punishment. I can agree with that. Unfortunatley, that was not one of the choices for the vote!

FemaleFinFan said:
I;m curious to peoples logic on the voting

57% voted for either no punishment or fine him
43% for an action that would cause him to miss games, suspend, release, etc.

To those who voted for no punishment or fine, did you vote that way because of the asset he is to the team and you want him to play every game possible, or based on his actions?

I'm not trying to make an arguement for either side, just trying to understand the logic.

I voted no punishment for the following reasons:

1. He's not been convicted of anything.
2. His wife has not pressed charges in this case.
3. He is a team player, and his approach to contract negotiations vs love for the team is something the rookies should pay attention to.
4. He is one hell of a player.

The NFL is a Job.. My job would never give me time off for a domestic dispute...Let the law hand out the punishment if he is an abuser he needs to pay the piper if not then he needs to be left alone., either way its not really the NFLs place IMHO to pass judgement or decide punishment.

FemaleFinFan said:
Most posts have said lets the courts decide the punishment. I can agree with that. Unfortunatley, that was not one of the choices for the vote!

But the question was .. how do you think Nick will punish him. Personally I dont think Nick will punish him at all. The NFL in general might but I dont think he will be personally punished by the Dolphin Organization. Would be double Jeopardy. Which is why I voted Nick will not Punish him.

Back
Top Bottom