Mel Kiper- Jake Long is a Left Tackle | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mel Kiper- Jake Long is a Left Tackle

No, I'm not terribly familiar with his stuff. I don't get NFL Network on my cable tv.

It's not Schefter's prescience or knack for calling the pick from months out that does it, it's his network of contacts. He knows who the pick is going to be before it happens not only because he does his homework, but because the guys who are doing the picking are telling him who they're picking - and he's very, very, very rarely fooled. He's got every angle on every player and how teams have them rated months before the draft and everytime a team changes their board. The guy is very, very good to listen to in terms of drafts.

It's not Schefter's prescience or knack for calling the pick from months out that does it, it's his network of contacts. He knows who the pick is going to be before it happens not only because he does his homework, but because the guys who are doing the picking are telling him who they're picking - and he's very, very, very rarely fooled. He's got every angle on every player and how teams have them rated months before the draft and everytime a team changes their board. The guy is very, very good to listen to in terms of drafts.

Thx for the heads up, I'll check him out.

you don't pay #1 pick money on a RT. Its just not a wise investment

But in who's opinion...is he a RT and only a RT? Let me remind everyone that Carey played guard and RT...while at Miami....yet he's the Dolphins LT.

Yeah Adam Schefter and Randy Mueller are making up stuff:rolleyes:

Please for the love of god understand what I am going to say. I believe that Mueller and Shefter may have had sources that said that Houston was going to take GInn. We also had sources that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction . The so called sources could have been misinformation. I mean did anybody not believe that Quinn was not our target this year.I say and believe that none of the sources were within the Houston organization. If Mueller had info that Houston was going to take Ginn the why didn't Houston have sources to let them know they had no chance.
Even if thier sources had the Texans drafting Ginn, the info could not be so up to date that it would have accounted for Okaye dropping.

Never said that anybody is making up stuff. Shefter is a reporter and sources can be wrong. Have you ever heard Chris Moretenson say that sources have told him such and such. As for Mueller have may have believed from sources that it was going to happen but I definately think it would be a violation of the NFL rules for Mueller to get inside info from someone actually involved with the Texan's draft. As for Kubiak admitting that they targetted Ginn as thier pick I have seen no evidence of that and have never heard GM's say they settled for another player.

But in who's opinion...is he a RT and only a RT? Let me remind everyone that Carey played guard and RT...while at Miami....yet he's the Dolphins LT.

You forgot to write: "Out of necessity".

Still curious as to your opinion on Carey- keep him at LT, move him to RT, or move him to Guard if we snag some of this OL talent in the draft? Could Guard be actually his best position? I asked earlier, but don't remember which thread, what's your opinion of Hadnot and Mormino. Cheers.

Still curious as to your opinion on Carey- keep him at LT, move him to RT, or move him to Guard if we snag some of this OL talent in the draft? Could Guard be actually his best position? I asked earlier, but don't remember which thread, what's your opinion of Hadnot and Mormino. Cheers.

I think he's a Pro Bowl calibre RT who had a good first half of the season at LT, but struggled over the second half. I think guards are easier to find than tackles as well, so unless you sign a Flozell Adams and then take a run at a RFA like David Stewart or indeed draft Jake Long, then that's about the only scenario I could envisage where Vernon goes inside.

Hadnot is serviceable, can play dual positions at a starters level, is mobile, but is probably going to get a $25/30 million contract in FA and that might come elsewhere. Mormino was a good player in college and he has a tough, snotknocking, leaders mentality that the coaches will like. If he's bulked up and used the weight room, he could be a nice surprise.

Thank you my friend for reminding me to add that. :up:

Boomer....what do you think of the idea of signing a guy like Haynesworth to a contract...yes it would cost a couple draft picks but he's far better a tackle than anyone I can see in the draft...of course it would depend if the Dolphins use a straight 3-4 defense. I believe it would far cheaper to sign him than a rookie in the number one spot...and with a rookie you just don't know what you will get in return.

Please for the love of god understand what I am going to say. I believe that Mueller and Shefter may have had sources that said that Houston was going to take GInn. We also had sources that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction . The so called sources could have been misinformation. I mean did anybody not believe that Quinn was not our target this year.I say and believe that none of the sources were within the Houston organization. If Mueller had info that Houston was going to take Ginn the why didn't Houston have sources to let them know they had no chance.
Even if thier sources had the Texans drafting Ginn, the info could not be so up to date that it would have accounted for Okaye dropping.

Never said that anybody is making up stuff. Shefter is a reporter and sources can be wrong. Have you ever heard Chris Moretenson say that sources have told him such and such. As for Mueller have may have believed from sources that it was going to happen but I definately think it would be a violation of the NFL rules for Mueller to get inside info from someone actually involved with the Texan's draft. As for Kubiak admitting that they targetted Ginn as thier pick I have seen no evidence of that and have never heard GM's say they settled for another player.

You've been wrong about Carey for 4 years now, I expect at least that long until you give up the ghost on Ginn.

You've been wrong about Carey for 4 years now, I expect at least that long until you give up the ghost on Ginn.

How was I wrong about Carey. Its pretty widely held knowledege that the Vikings bluffed us out of the forth round pick to move up one spot. The Gm actually came out and said they had no offers on table and were set on taking Udezee the whole time. This was not a matter of some unknown source that you choose to believe this was a case of the actual Gm speaking about the trade down. I dont know, just because you put in a message board post that I am wrong does not make it so lol.

How was I wrong about Carey. Its pretty widely held knowledege that the Vikings bluffed us out of the forth round pick to move up one spot. The Gm actually came out and said they had no offers on table and were set on taking Udezee the whole time. This was not a matter of some unknown source that you choose to believe this was a case of the actual Gm speaking about the trade down. I dont know, just because you put in a message board post that I am wrong does not make it so lol.

You're wrong about the reach of Carey, you're wrong about the reach on Ginn. You've been presented with evidence proving you wrong for 4 years now, and the most knowledgable of the posters on this board have been proving you wrong for that amount of time.

Now that I think about it, I think I'll join them in just letting you go off and do your thing. Show 'em sparky! Stick with it long enough and you might revise history!

You're wrong about the reach of Carey, you're wrong about the reach on Ginn. You've been presented with evidence proving you wrong for 4 years now, and the most knowledgable of the posters on this board have been proving you wrong for that amount of time.

Now that I think about it, I think I'll join them in just letting you go off and do your thing. Show 'em sparky! Stick with it long enough and you might revise history!

As long as Ginn plays both as a returner and a receiver and is nothing more than average at both...he was and will be known as a reach with the 9th pick in the draft. You can not excell at both positions...either your great at one or the other.

As long as Ginn plays both as a returner and a receiver and is nothing more than average at both...he was and will be known as a reach with the 9th pick in the draft. You can not excell at both positions...either your great at one or the other.

I'm not going to get in depth with this, seeing as the statement and the facts have been posted prior - but Ted Ginn was selected in the draft right where he was expected to go: the top 15, 2nd WR overall. He's not a reach, and never will be.

Back
Top Bottom