Mel Kiper- Jake Long is a Left Tackle | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mel Kiper- Jake Long is a Left Tackle

I'm liking Ginn and Satele and L.Booker so far as draft picks go. Jury out on Soliai and Beck (but I'm a beck supporter, I think he has it all just needs the chance to grow and learn).

I'm liking Ginn and Satele and L.Booker so far as draft picks go. Jury out on Soliai and Beck (but I'm a beck supporter, I think he has it all just needs the chance to grow and learn).

OK so we'll know down the road whether passing on Brady was good or not...

So what do we do now...? No starter... Do you draft a QB to push him harder or is he too fragile... I mean his confidence... BP doesn't give a rats *** if Beck's confidence is shattered after the draft...

I say we draft a cerebral QB..., I say we build our Oline like a wall then we'll see....

Why would I be? I get better and more accurate insight from these boards than I do Kiper or Mayok. Schefter is the only guy I'd listen to for anything from the national guys. Jealous? No. Easily dismissive of Kiper or Mayock? Certainly. Ask Boomer how much crap he got for his pick of Ginn prior to the draft last year, and look who was right when so many others were wrong.

I guess it depends on what stock u play. I dont look for draft analysis to see who we are going to pick, I want people to be able to evaluate players.

Also maybe I have a hazy memory I thought Boomer said that if we dont take Quinn dont be suprised if we take Ginn based on his visits but dont remember him saying we will take Ginn. I mean I could say that if we dont take Long then we will take Dorsey. I could care less about predicting the draft, I want to hear about the potential of guys taken.

I put plenty of stock into boomer, ck, etc etc etc...

but there are plenty of people on here who think they are experts who are not.

For the most part, I would say kiper can evalutate talent. He doesn't necessarily project whos going where in the draft very well, but how would anybody know who a team is taking unless they had direct communication with gms.

I have maintained all along that I think long can be a LT, and if I am wrong I will eat crow. But we'll have to wait and see.

The point is Jim, Jake Long is not an Orlando Pace type prospect, too risky for #1 overall.
IMO, every prospect in this draft is "too risky" for the #1 overall pick.

I guess I'm the only one who is reminded of Matt Roth by Chris Long.

IMO, every prospect in this draft is "too risky" for the #1 overall pick.

I guess I'm the only one who is reminded of Matt Roth by Chris Long.

matt roth was a top 15 pick and dropped for some reason draft day. He does remind me of long but long seems a bit MORE of a playmaker with longer arms.

I don't give a flying rats *** what Kiper says, Jake Long is not the best player in the draft. It's Chris Long or Glenn Dorsey...end of discussion in my opinion.

Left tackle is a DEEP position in this draft. We can pass on Jake Long and still get a darn good tackle prospect at #32.

umm...the guy you quoted wasn't the one who insulted Kiper

Umm.......... you are a few posts behind...., he is supporting people who are insulting people becaus they are jealous that they are not in the position of a Mayock or Kiper..., so be dismissive...,

Like your Dorsey picture...

matt roth was a top 15 pick and dropped for some reason draft day. He does remind me of long but long seems a bit MORE of a playmaker with longer arms.

Whhhhaaaaatttttt???

Please please please show me where Matt Roth was ever even considered a 1st rounder, let alone Top 15. Roth is one of the most overrated players on the team and hasn't performed anywhere near the 2nd round potential he was drafted.

Whhhhaaaaatttttt???

Please please please show me where Matt Roth was ever even considered a 1st rounder, let alone Top 15. Roth is one of the most overrated players on the team and hasn't performed anywhere near the 3rd round potential he was drafted.

Roth was considered a borderline 1st IIRC, but he certainly was never a top 15 consideration. :wink:

Roth was considered a borderline 1st IIRC, but he certainly was never a top 15 consideration. :wink:

Perfect example of how the draft grades are such a crapshoot.

I never remember hearing his name that high, and obviously for good reason.

The point is Jim, Jake Long is not an Orlando Pace type prospect, too risky for #1 overall.

And as far as your shot at me, I'd say I've done as well or better than Kiper over the years of watching the draft and comparing my opinions to his.

It really doesn't matter, Jake Long won't be the 1st pick in the draft and its for the very reasons I've stated, no matter how hard you want it to be.

LOL....Everyones too "RISKY" in this years draft for the #1 pick....

I think we need a Tackle for Beck,cause Vernon doesn't get it done on the left,people even say Vernon would be better off playing OG,and we graft another tackle for the right side,like Nick from Nebraska,or Williams for Vanderbilt.Even if Jake plays RT,which I doubt cause he was only beat once by the left side by Vernon Gholston this year,enough said,Tony Sparano and Mike Maser are two great O-Line coaches,they can get Jake converted to LT by the season opener.Jake Long is the proto-typical LT,and he play just as good on the left,as the right.If we don't get him,I really do think we're missing out on the next Orlando Pace for the next 10-15 years.

Whhhhaaaaatttttt???

Please please please show me where Matt Roth was ever even considered a 1st rounder, let alone Top 15. Roth is one of the most overrated players on the team and hasn't performed anywhere near the 3rd round potential he was drafted.

He has played less than outstanding but i did see M Roth late late first early second round choice prior to the draft... I thought we got a steal at the time... :unsure:

Robert Gallery is exactly what comes to mind when I think of Jake Long. Not because of any sort of skillset that Long/Gallery posesses or because of any sort of physical comparison, but just because Gallery was such a "can't miss" prospect at left tackle and then just didn't work out at all. I don't actually mind Jake Long and I can't say that I would be terribly disappointed in the pick, but I'd much rather go defense at #1 and I'd way rather have Long than Matt Ryan.

What??? Unbelievable. Matt Ryan should be the "only" player MIA should be thinking of drafting. QB is the game's most important position. Mike Mayock, the only draftnik that I trust, has Matt Ryan as the draft's "premier" PLAYER. Period. And after watching film of the guy, he is the next Peyton Manning. Why would any team with the #1 overall pick and a need at QB want to pass up on the next Peyton? beats the heck out of me. :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom