Merged 15x: Big Ben Hurt in motorcycle accident. | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 15x: Big Ben Hurt in motorcycle accident.

trate121hb said:
u rather us beat the with charlie batch at qb???? thats a horrible thing to say

No but put it this way

Id rather win with Charlie Batch at QB than Lose with Big Ben at QB

(I think we can/will beat them either way)

Kinzua said:
Well, looking at the bright side, this might get the jackarses in the PA legislature who voted to allow riding motorcycles without helmets about two or three years ago to rethink their stupidity. I have little doubt that more support for this stupidity came from Steelers territory than Eagles country.
Wearing a helmet should be a choice. How many people die from head injuries in cars? Be careful what you wish for!
P.S. I have been riding since 1965 and always wear a helmet.

The fans on a Steeler's chat site I just looked at are worried that they are going to have to start Omar Jacobs at QB...lots of Cincy fans laughing about Ben's injury. Sad. :rolleyes:

Firesole said:
:clap: :clap: :clap: As a biker and owner of a big, loud bike myself, let me say thank you for posting the logic above for those that know nothing about riding.

Lets just hope our Dolphins players have all taken the MSF course.

I believe, To each, their own. I'll not tell them how to live if they don't try to tell me how to live.

I enjoy life with a little excitement about it, I like the feel of the wind in my face. I guess we could all lay up on the couch eating taterchips and drinking cokes, smoking cancer sticks and die of heart disease. We ain't gonna live forever, not wearing a helmet is the least of my worries. Infact, it gives me a higher appreciation for life.

From PFT: :eek:

OSTED 4:25 p.m. EDT, June 12, 2006
CONFLICTING REPORTS ON ROETHLISBERGER
There are conflicting reports from Pittsburgh's two leading papers regarding the severity of the injuries suffered by quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in Monday morning's motorcycle accident.
The Tribune-Review reports that Big Ben has, among other things, two serious knee injuries. The Post-Gazette reports that the team is "encouraged" by reports from Mercy Hospital, and former teammate Jerome Bettis said that he's been told that Ben will be fine.
A league source told us earlier that Roethlisberger did not have serious injuries, beyond a broken jaw. The source has since told us that he has not been able to confirm reports that Ben has two serious knee injuries.
Stay tuned.

themole said:
We ain't gonna live forever,

Yes, and I want to do anything to extend that life as long as possible.

DiepatriotsDie said:
I fully agree. It's not a game unless we're playing them at full strength. I wish him a speedy recovery, and not just for that reason.

NFL games are rarely ever at full strength...there are ALWAYS injuries. Even if someone plays, they may only be 50 percent. Bottom line is injuries are just part of the game...that is why the teams with more depth can still play well without their stars.

Get yourself a fan

that can run off your car charger. Turn it on, sit it on your dashboard.

There you have it, wind on your face.

Your family will thank you.

Rocky Raccoon said:
you can't be serious. They are called accidents for a reason.

I'm pretty sure this was not Ben's fault. It was the lady he hit...not 100% sure though

Yes! I'm very serious. All accidents are preventable. I once thought like you.

Have you ever been a member of a safety committee with a company that set its goal for zero accidents, then spent the time and money in the prevention of them? It works. People cause accidents through neglect.

It was ultimately Bens fault because he wasn't on his toes. I don't know the details, but if this happened in an intersection, Ben should have used more caution passing through. Bikers, CAN"T afford to assume the Right of Way or they get seriously hurt or killed.

Rocky Raccoon said:
I'm pretty sure this was not Ben's fault. It was the lady he hit...not 100% sure though

Ben was driving 40 mph when a car with Maine tags coming the opposite direction turned left in front of him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2481004
He confessed to having limited experience riding motorcycles.
“And I just finally bought my own motorcycle, not too long ago.”

He stated that he believed riding a ‘sport bike’ was a risk.
“It depends on how you ride. I don't ride a sport bike.”

He also believed riding with others would decrease his risk of injury.
“I don't ever ride by myself. We always have at least one other guy there.”

Regarding his conversation with Coach Cower he stated the following:
“He asked me about how I rode, who I rode with, am I safe, and I told him … I don't ride sport bikes. I ride Harleys and I ride in a group …”

Despite his statements to ESPN last season, he was injured while riding a sport bike that also claims to be the 'world’s fastest' motorcycle. Sadly, it appears Ben was breaking his own rules. Although he was an admittedly inexperienced rider, he was riding a crotch rocket, in the city, alone, and without a helmet. I think we can easily agree that Ben is now paying a harsh price for an amazing display of poor judgment.

Prayerfully he will have a complete and timely recovery with minimal consequence and have an opportunity to learn from his mistake. Still, it is shocking to me that he would willingly compound the risk to his personal saftey to this degree despite the calls of those closest to him to be smart.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/accident.html
“Roethlisberger's 2005 Suzuki Hayabusa, which is named after a Japanese bird of prey, was totaled. The front wheel was broken in half. The handle bars were broken. The left pedal was shattered. The 170-horsepower bike, which weighs 500 pounds fully loaded, was targeted by law enforcement agencies worldwide after its 1998 debut because it could reach a top speed of 189 mph.”

DolfanDaveInATX said:
Ben was driving 40 mph when a car with Maine tags coming the opposite direction turned left in front of him.

That's what most of motorcycle accidents are...people have a hard time seeing around other cars and turn left in front of a motorcycle

Dolphin1184 said:
Yes, and I want to do anything to extend that life as long as possible.

Well hopefully you wear your seatbelt every day, you do not smoke cigarettes, drink alcohol, eat red meat, etc, etc, etc. Accidents happen. People need to quit judging everyone else's lives and choices and worry more about their own.

Roman529 said:
From PFT: :eek:

OSTED 4:25 p.m. EDT, June 12, 2006
CONFLICTING REPORTS ON ROETHLISBERGER
There are conflicting reports from Pittsburgh's two leading papers regarding the severity of the injuries suffered by quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in Monday morning's motorcycle accident.
The Tribune-Review reports that Big Ben has, among other things, two serious knee injuries. The Post-Gazette reports that the team is "encouraged" by reports from Mercy Hospital, and former teammate Jerome Bettis said that he's been told that Ben will be fine.
A league source told us earlier that Roethlisberger did not have serious injuries, beyond a broken jaw. The source has since told us that he has not been able to confirm reports that Ben has two serious knee injuries.
Stay tuned.

If it does come to that, then I doubt any of the teams will allow for there players to ride a motorcycle ever again.

Back
Top Bottom