Merged 15x: Big Ben Hurt in motorcycle accident. | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged 15x: Big Ben Hurt in motorcycle accident.

CBS is also reporting the Broken Sinus Cavity Bone, Jaw, Serious Injuty to both knees, 9 inch laceration on the back of the head. Man what a horrible horrible incident. This puts his career in jeopardy depending on what is wrong with both knees and such. I for one as a football fan, am rooting for his full recovery and return to the football field. Regardless of it's against us or someone else. Get Well Big Ben

DolfanDaveInATX said:
Ben was driving 40 mph when a car with Maine tags coming the opposite direction turned left in front of him.

Just as I thought. Intersections are KILLERS. I promise you guys, this was avoidable. Ben should have planned on that women pulling out in front of him. That is the only way to stay alive if you are going to ride motorcycles.

themole said:
Just as I thought. Intersections are KILLERS. I promise you guys, this was avoidable. Ben should have planned on that women pulling out in front of him. That is the only way to stay alive if you are going to ride motorcycles.

So he wasn't the one at fault?

Tenacious D/O said:
A week 1 win against pitt no matter what the circumstance is a win. Injuries are a part of the NFL and if we were playing the bungles week 1 we'd be hoping Palmer wouldn't be ready. Who knows our qb is still hurt and he may not even play and our backup might start.

Maybe thats the kind of sport you like. Not me. I want my team to be the best by beating the best with no excuses.

trate121hb said:
these guys and motorcycles...and w/out a helmet...cmon ben!

ive never been a fan of bikes and guys should know better....contracts must get stiffer and laws too...how can it not be illegal to not wear a helmet in pitt?????

Actually.....the same way it is in Miami!

themole said:
Yes! I'm very serious. All accidents are preventable. I once thought like you.

Have you ever been a member of a safety committee with a company that set its goal for zero accidents, then spent the time and money in the prevention of them? It works. People cause accidents through neglect.

It was ultimately Bens fault because he wasn't on his toes. I don't know the details, but if this happened in an intersection, Ben should have used more caution passing through. Bikers, CAN"T afford to assume the Right of Way or they get seriously hurt or killed.
fair enough, I agree some accidents are definately avoidable. But I will not go as far as to say that all accidents are (not saying you said that, just in general). There are some things out there that are completely out of our hands :)

Dolphin1184 said:
Yes, and I want to do anything to extend that life as long as possible.

I'm certian that I do. Wearing a helmet gives no guarantees.

I feel really bad about the Ben thing. I like that guy and think he's a really good QB. He finally took a Pittsburgh team over the hump they were at for years. As for as Sept.7 is concerned, this is not the way we want to play. Most people don't root for mishaps like this. He should've been wearing a helmet even if it's not illegal just because of his profession, but he wasn't and the accident is unfortunate. I wish him the best in a speedy recovery. I would rather play a Pittsburgh team with Ben.

erralyn said:
that can run off your car charger. Turn it on, sit it on your dashboard.

There you have it, wind on your face.

Your family will thank you.

And I thank you, for sticking your nose in my life.

Well, I don't care if it rains or freezes,
Long as I have my plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of my car

I could go a hundred miles an hour
Long as I got the Almighty Power
Glued up there with my pair of fuzzy dice

Plastic Jesus, plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of my car

Through all trials and tribulations,
We will travel every nation,
With my plastic Jesus I'll go far.
I don't care if it rains or freezes
As long as I've got my Plastic Jesus
Glued to the dashboard of my car

20060613sm_benwreck01_580-1.jpg

Dolfan984 said:
So he wasn't the one at fault?

I haven't read any of the details, but if the woman turned in front of him in an intersection, no. Motorcyclist can't afford the luxury of pointing the finger after the fact. Ben should have recognized the potentual for an accident.

He's stupid, if your going to endanger yourself by riding a bike then atleast do it with a helmet.

Back
Top Bottom